MidWest Wire Mesh Universal SUV Car Barrier
About This Item
- High-quality barrier keeps your pets in the rear of your vehicle, safely away from driver and passengers.
- Wire mesh pet barrier is fully adjustable to accommodate most vehicles including cars, SUVs, vans, hatchbacks, and more.
- Strong metal mesh design and black e-coated finish cuts glare for more visibility and safety while driving.
- Made with a heavy-duty tubular steel material for long-lasting strength and durability.
- Easy to install, plus the adjustable rods and shipped inside the tubular steel for efficient packaging and shipping.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Jumbl Pets Heavy-Duty Adjustable Car & SUV Dog Barrier$44.27Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- DealFrisco Quilted Water Resistant Hammock Car Seat Cover, Regular, Black$33.12Chewy Price$36.80List Price
- Jumbl Pets Waterproof Non-Slip SUV & Car Cargo Liner$47.49Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- Pawple Adjustable Universal Fit SUV Dog Barrier$44.99Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- KONG Protective Dog Car Seat Barrier$44.99Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- Arf Pets Waterproof & Non-Slip SUV Cargo Liner, Large$44.99Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- FurHaven Deluxe Pet Barrier & Seat Protector with Carry Bag, Gray$75.99Chewy Price$90.99List Price
- Kurgo Heather Half Hammock Protective Car Cover, Black$75.99Chewy Price
- DealBarksBar Luxury Cover Dog & Cat Cargo Liner, Black$35.95Chewy Price$46.99List Price
- Kurgo Coast to Coast Car Seat Cover, Heather Gray/Coastal Blue$99.95Chewy Price$108.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Mesh, Steel, Synthetic Fabric, Metal||Steel, Metal||Steel, Metal||Mesh, Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Metal|
|Breed Size||All Breeds||All Breeds||All Breeds||All Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
|Features||—||—||—||Pockets, Water-resistant||Adjustable Height|
Questions & Answers
10 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
149 Customer Reviews
Worked okay for my purposes
Bought this to act as a divider for my 2012 Subaru Forester on a cross-country trip I took with my cat. I wanted to give my cat the ability to freely explore the back of my car without risking her getting up and under my brakes. Unfortunately the gaps between the edges of this don't quite stop a cat sneaking through without modification. I am aware this was designed more for dog use so that's not really criticism of the device itself. Even so, I was still able to create a successful barrier by filling any gaps with cardboard and blankets. It works great once it's together but it's admittedly a bit difficult to assemble and you can easily end up pinching your fingers between the metal legs and the actual grating which HURTS. I recommend it for long-term use but it might be a bit cumbersome for someone who wants to quickly put up/take down a barrier relatively frequently.
Not for use in SUV
The legs on it are not sturdy and if you break hard it just collapses. Not worth the headache to install or the money. I had to add a 4x4 block of wood to the feet.
Not very stable/sturdy. Dog was able to pull it down. Perhaps this would work well for a dog that is calmer in the car.
Works but not impressed
We have a St Bernard that wants to be a lap dog so we needed a partition to keep her in the back seat. This barrier works as long as you have something to cover the the bottom part. we put it behind the front seats. I added parts from a large playpen fencing to the bottom. Also, connecting it is sketchy. It works in my van because I could zip tie it to the handles in the back. Don't know how it will work in our truck. The pieces to keep the grates together are crappy. I used zip ties. Much easier to work with and sturdier. Some of the parts were incorrect or missing. But with some customization it works.
Love this product
Looked at the instructions for 10 minutes, laid out all the pieces, then assembled and installed in 15 minutes. Absolutely no problems and is keeping my beautiful lab safe.
Great product with easy assembly
We got this to keep our coonhound in the back of the truck while traveling. He is sixty pounds and still a pup who thinks he is six pounds. This makes trips more comfortable and safe for us all.
Poor design - parts missing
There were a couple parts missing that made the initial installation a challenge. I had to MacGyver the feet of the barrier in order to avoid destroying the carpet in the vehicle. The dog barrier is not easily removed once it is installed. It leaves very little room for movement of the front seats once installed. Also the middle seat cannot be used for passengers when the barrier is installed. Over-all, it is a poor design.
most adaptable product
Needed to separate two dogs and two cats with access to both - the measurements were very accurate and made this gate work well for us
Very poor quality. Does not stay up—fell on my dog! Wing nuts loosen, especially when driving on rough terrain.
Not worth it
I got this adjustable pet grate thinking it would be a great idea, and theoretically, it is. We have a Toyota RAV4 and supposedly it would fit. Unfortunately, the set-up is awkward and getting a "tight" fit took 2 people and a lot of adjustments, but the greatest problem is that the screws have been loosening and coming out, which means the barrier starts collapsing. We start with tight screws and a week later, the hinges have loosened and are falling off, creating a safety issue as well as a hassle. I'm not sure if this is due to road bumps naturally loosening the screws, but having to reconstruct this barrier every week is NOT the way I planned for it to work. Would like to return and see if we could get a better product.