Modesto Milling Organic Chick Starter & Grower Crumbles Poultry Feed
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Starter feed for chicks ages 1 day to 18 weeks.
- 22% protein content supports optimal growth.
- Crumbles reduce feed separating and minimize waste.
- Great aroma encourages chicks to clean up their feed.
- Quality ingredients support healthy, happy birds.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Kaytee Laying Hen Diet Chicken Feed, 25-lb bag$26.28Chewy Price$32.39List Price$24.97Autoship Price
- Durvet Chick Starter Type C Medicated Chicken Feed, 10-lb bag$13.59Chewy Price
- Perky-Pet Nectar Concentrate Orange Oriole Food, 32-oz bottle, 32-oz bottle$6.42Chewy Price$12.99List Price
- Exotic Nutrition Dried Mealworms, 2-lb bag$38.64Chewy Price$36.71Autoship Price
- Kaytee Mixed Nut Cake Wild Bird Food, 1 count$10.29Chewy Price$11.87List Price$9.78Autoship Price
- C&S Apple Treat Suet Wild Bird Food, Case of 12$20.59Chewy Price$19.56Autoship Price
- Scratch & Peck Feeds Organic Layer With Corn 16% Poultry Feed, 40-lb bag$64.99Chewy Price$73.99List Price$61.74Autoship Price
- C&S Songbird Snak Peanut Suet Nuggets Wild Bird Food, Case of 6$25.91Chewy Price$25.99List Price$24.61Autoship Price
- C&S Fruit n' Nut Treat Suet Wild Bird Food, Case of 12$37.36Chewy Price$35.49Autoship Price
- C&S Peanut Treat Suet Wild Bird Food, Case of 12$23.18Chewy Price$28.89List Price$22.02Autoship Price
- C&S Sunflower Treat Suet Wild Bird Food, 11-oz pouch, Case of 12$21.75Chewy Price$25.99List Price$20.66Autoship Price
- C&S Nutty Treat Suet Wild Bird Food, Case of 12$28.93Chewy Price$28.99List Price$27.48Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Organic Corn, Organic Soybean Meal, Organic Peas...||Organic Corn, Whole, Organic Sesame Meal...||Organic Soybean Meal, Organic Corn, Organic Peas...||Organic Peas, Organic Sesame Meal, Organic Milo...||Organic Corn, Organic Soybean Meal, Organic Peas...|
|Bird Type||Chicken, Duck||Chicken, Duck||Chicken, Duck, Gamebird, Geese, Quail, Turkey||Chicken, Duck||Chicken, Duck, Poultry|
|Special Diet||High-Protein, Non-GMO, Organic||High-Protein, Non-GMO, Organic||High-Protein, Non-GMO, Organic||High-Protein, Non-GMO, Organic||High-Protein, Non-GMO, Organic|
Questions & Answers
6 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
5 Customer Reviews
Broiler chick feed (not layer)
This is starter grower feed for broiler chicks. It has high protein that is needed for broiler chicks to gain weight quickly. Layer chicks do better on starter grower specifically for layer chicks. Chewy offers Kalmbach organic starter grower feed for layer chicks. After reading Chewy's online description of Modesto's feed I mistakenly ordered it for my layer chicks, then read the actual label on the bag and it is grower feed for broilers. Also confusing as to how many weeks to use Modesto's feed--6 weeks? 18 weeks? If you have broiler chicks, try to find out just how long to give them this Modesto. If you have layer chicks, don't buy this and get the Kalmbach instead. Modesto feed is probably just fine for broilers; it is crumbles and dust, but the chicks need tiny particles and seem to eat it with relish. However, I can't rate it, and now have 30 pounds of feed that just might show up in a wild bird feeder this winter.
The ducklings like this food. They have been eating it for 3 weeks (they are 4 weeks old) and they are growing really well - no evidence of niacin deficiency. It also doesn't smell horrible like commercial food.
Good product for our farm
This product was great for our chicks and was a good combination of textures. The company has always been top-notch and quick to respond to questions on their FB page. I've always had great success with Modesto Milling.
Best start for our babies!
Feeding 3 baby turkeys and one peacock - they love this feed!!
At least half powder
Very disappointed in this food, especially for how expensive it is! It is at least half powder and just a waste of money.