Modesto Milling Organic, No Corn, No Soy Chick Starter & Grower Crumbles Poultry Feed
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Complete feed helps to give chicks a healthy start to life.
- Organic, non-GMO and free of corn and soy.
- Contains quality ingredients to support health and bright feathers.
- Great aroma encourages strong appetites.
- Crumbles help to cut down on feed sorting and waste.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Colorful Companions Canary Blend Canary Food, 25-lb bag$68.99Chewy Price$65.54Autoship Price
- Colorful Companions Parrot Blend Parrot Food, 25-lb bag$68.99Chewy Price$65.54Autoship Price
- Healthy Harvest 17% Layer Crumbles Poultry Feed, 20-lb bag$17.84Chewy Price$21.99List Price$16.95Autoship Price
- Lafeber Premium Daily Diet Finch Food, 1-lb tub$9.49Chewy Price
- Higgins inTune Hand Feeding For All Baby Birds Food, 5-lb bag$28.71Chewy Price$47.29List Price$27.27Autoship Price
- Lafeber Classic Nutri-Berries Cockatiel Food, 10-oz bag$9.49Chewy Price
- Brown's Encore Gourmet Foraging Feast Parakeet Food, 3-lb$11.99Chewy Price$14.99List Price$11.39Autoship Price
- ZuPreem FruitBlend Flavor with Natural Flavors Daily Large Bird Food, 2-lb bag$8.73Chewy Price$15.99List Price$8.29Autoship Price
- Kaytee Exact Rainbow Large Parrot Bird Food, 3-lb bag$17.41Chewy Price$21.99List Price$16.54Autoship Price
- Perky-Pet Instant Nectar Concentrate Clear Hummingbird Food, 8-oz bag, bundle of 2$7.18Chewy Price$7.98List Price
- Mazuri Mini Bird Food, 2-lb bag$13.69Chewy Price$14.99List Price$13.01Autoship Price
- Audubon Park Nyjer Seed Wild Bird Food, 10-lb bag$29.45Chewy Price$27.98Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Organic Peas, Organic Sesame Meal, Organic Milo...||Organic Milo, Organic Peas, Organic Sesame Meal...||Organic Corn, Whole, Organic Sesame Meal...||Organic Corn, Organic Soybean Meal, Organic Peas...||Organic Milo, Organic Peas, Organic Sesame Meal...|
|Bird Type||Chicken, Duck||Chicken, Duck||Chicken, Duck||Chicken, Duck||Chicken, Duck|
|Special Diet||High-Protein, Non-GMO, Organic||High-Protein, Non-GMO, Organic||High-Protein, Non-GMO, Organic||High-Protein, Non-GMO, Organic||High-Protein, Non-GMO, Organic|
Questions & Answers
6 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
10 Customer Reviews
Finally a crumble solution!
For a long time if I wanted a no corn, no soy chicken feed the only option was Scratch and Peck. I have tried that, both fermented and unfermented, and mixing my own feed. Unfortunately there is always a lot of waste. A lot of picked around seeds and powder. Pellet never really worked how I preferred either - especially not with how many serama I keep. Crumble has been best for me for my 10yrs keeping chickens since the small size means accessible to all bird sizes, fill the crop nice and compact, and everything is mixed so no picking around vital components of a healthy diet. Modesto Milling has been something I wanted to try but it was always unavailable where I am. Thanks to Chewy I'm able to get this without shipping bringing it to over $60 a bag. I am halfway through raising my first batch of chicks on this and they love it! They are growing and feathering as expected, the runt actually caught up with her siblings in size, and they fill their crops nice and packed when they start gobbling up a meal. Healthy poos, healthy birds, healthy growth! It isn't very appetizing in appearance to me as a human since there's no corn making it yellow, but to my babies who have been on this feed since day 1 that doesn't matter. It is still a bit cost prohibitive so I don't see this being a lifetime feed, but for giving babies the best start in life it's worth it.
Organic no corn and no soy chick starter
The chicks absolutely love this feed and are doing extremely well. Chewy always carries a nice selection of feed for any animal and are a top notch company. The only issue is the shipping. FedEx is pathetic. They some how punched a hole in the box containing the bag of chicken feed and what ever punched through the box also punched through the bag and chick feed was spilling out....not good. Not my first issue with FedEx. I don't know why companies continue to use them....otherwise...chewy is the best!
The best I have found!
This is the absolute best chicken feed out there! My girls love it!
No soy or fillers. Great blend/consistency. Chicks love it!
My girls love this feed, it’s the perfect amount of protein for them (22%) and it’s a crumble which is great for them because they’re a very small breed. I will definitely continue to re purchase this feed, the chickens and I love it!
Best quality I’ve found
I have been using this (25lb bags) since my chicks were three days old. No problem for them when they were tiny and now that they’re about three months old, they still like it for the most part. I tried a less expensive feed (50lb bag) that was basically just powder and it did have corn in it, and they went through it in the same amount of time! Too much waste, I think. I also had a bag of bird seed that spilled outside my shed, so between that and the feed with corn in it, they are sort of snubbing their noses at this stuff now, but I’m sure they’ll get over it. I plan to continue with this brand but per pound, it is pricey and I’m not sure how long I can afford it. Shipping is cost prohibitive from any other vendor as well.
Chicks loved it
Non GMO and no soy - with a high protein content is great for my Faverolles. I also liked that it included Oregano which is found to help with immune system
Happy there is GMO, corn and soy free food!
Girls like this and I like it more since we eat their eggs.
Good organic feed
I have been buying Modesto Milling organic layer mash for several years, with good results, although I add oyster shell to their diet for stronger egg shells. I expect good results from it for my chicks.
Yahooo the rooster crowed
They love it as do I because it's organic and the chickens are not so loud and annoying and the rooster is happy too