Modesto Milling Organic Non-GMO Rabbit Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Organic Sun-Dried Alfalfa, Organic Oats, Organic Peas...||Ground Timothy Hay, Ground Soybean Hulls, Wheat Middlings...||Timothy Hay, Safflower meal, Whole Flax Seed...||Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Wheat Middlings, Soybean Meal...||Suncured Alfalfa Meal, Wheat Middlings, Soy Hulls (Not More Than 8.0%)...|
|Food Form||Pellets||Pellets||Pellets, Hay||Pellets||Pellets|
|Health Feature||N/A||Digestive Health||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Small Pet Type||Rabbit, Chinchilla||Rabbit||Rabbit||Rabbit||Rabbit|
|Special Diet||Organic, Non-GMO, High Fiber||High Fiber||Grain-Free, Gluten Free, Soy Free||Non-GMO||N/A|
About This Item
- Organic, non-GMO pellets for rabbits and chinchillas.
- Complete feed supports all life stages and purposes, including growth, maintenance, lactation, fur development and show animals.
- Free of corn and soy.
- Includes organic, sun-dried alfalfa for high fiber content.
- Finely balanced to support health with quality nutrition.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Science Selective Naturals Grain-Free Guinea Pig Food, 3.3-lb bag$15.99Chewy Price$15.19Autoship Price
- Rabbit Hole Hay Orchard Grass Hay Small Animal Food, 5-lb box$27.26Chewy Price$43.97List Price$25.90Autoship Price
- Sunseed Vita Prima Gerbil & Hamster Food, 2-lb bag$5.99Chewy Price$8.99List Price$5.69Autoship Price
- Kaytee Food From the Wild Guinea Pig Food, 4-lb bag$14.99Chewy Price$17.99List Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Rabbit Hole Hay Ultra Premium, Hand Packed Medium Timothy Hay Small Animal Food, 10-lb box$50.81Chewy Price$57.97List Price$48.27Autoship Price
- Wild Harvest Advanced Nutrition Gerbil & Hamster Food, 4.5-lb jug$9.97Chewy Price$10.89List Price$9.47Autoship Price
- Oxbow Garden Select Gerbil & Hamster Food, 20-lb bag$62.99Chewy Price$59.84Autoship Price
- Sweet Meadow Farm Rabbit Pellets Premium Timothy Blend Rabbit Food, 10-lb bag$11.10Chewy Price$11.59List Price$10.54Autoship Price
- Oxbow Organic Bounty Adult Guinea Pig Food, 3-lb bag$11.15Chewy Price$12.49List Price$10.59Autoship Price
- Higgins Sunburst Gourmet Blend Rat & Mouse Food, 2.5-lb bag$7.41Chewy Price$8.99List Price$7.04Autoship Price
- Tiny Friends Farm Russel Rabbit Food, 5.5-lb bag$14.63Chewy Price$16.99List Price$13.90Autoship Price
- Vitakraft Vita Smart Complete Nutrition Premium Fortified Blend with Timothy Hay Rabbit Food, 8-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$20.99List Price$18.99Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
8 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
16 Customer Reviews
Great food, just mind the dust
This is an excellent brand and both my chinchillas and rabbits love it!! I've tried quite a few different brands of food and they always prefer this one the most, pushing out the other pellets or eating them reluctantly. Modesto is always nice and green, fresh, and smells lovely. I love that the ingredients are real foods other than just soy and corn. I feel confident that my bunnies and chins are getting good nutrition on this food. Ther are energetic and look fantastic. Unfortunately, as others have mentioned, the pellets are 'soft' and crumble easily. So, you have to account for the amount lost due to shipping and handling. There will be dust. I give the pellets a good shake in a sifter before feeding. It's a bummer but I will still stick with the company as I feel the nutrition offered from this feed is much superior to the inconvenience of the dust.
Ok but too much waste
My review is the same as many others I read. Rabbits ate it, but it does have alot of waste in the form of powder. If they would fix the powder issue I would give it 5 stars
These pellets are the best quality. The bunnies love them. They don’t fall apart into a powdered waste like other brands.
Rabbits Seem to Like but Lots of Dust
The rabbits do seem to enjoy it but I do agree that there is waaay more dust than the food I was using prior. Still, I'm giving it a couple months to see if the rabbits are going through it more quickly due to this or if I'm feeding the same amount. Hoping the company fixes the dust issue at some point.
Way too much dust for comfort
I thought this would be a good bag of food for my rabbits but it just has dust in it even when you scoop some pellets there’s dust in it,doesn’t even sink to the bottom to be avoided.Dust is very bad for rabbits respiratory system so I dunno they like the pellets but I just don’t like the dust that comes with it.
Organic Bunny Food Rocks!
Angels with Tails Animal Sanctuary was so excited to get the Modesto Organic Rabbit food for our rescues! It is night and day compared to the bunny food we were buying from retailers. The color is rich, the smell is fresh and the bunny rescues coats have improved dramatically! For the price, this is a no brainer... for a few dollars more you can be assured that your bunnies are getting a much healthier and nutritious diet!
Possible substitute for Oxbow Chinchilla
I have used Oxbow chinchilla for years for my, guess what, chinchillas. After hearing some about how it was formulated, I was interested in trying this product and am doing that now--mixing it 1/2 and 1/2 with Oxbow to see whether my chins "prefer" one over the other (the pellets look different, I can tell what they were eating). So far they like both equally. Since this is a little less pricey for 50 lbs (comes in this size, Oxbow goes up to 25 lb bags) AND is delivered to my door so that I don't have to do much handling of the large bags, it might become my primary feed. Thanks for offering this product, Chewy!
This is a great brand, a lovely, balanced food. I use these pellets as a supplement, as my buns eat lots of hay, fresh greens and herbs from the garden as well as the occasional fruits for treats. My buns love the pellets. I know that there are a lot of reviews about the dust, which is harmful if rabbits inhale. The dust is most likely from delivery. Because the pellets are all natural and not hard pressed like some lesser brands, they can crumble easier. My suggestion would be to sift it before feeding and perhaps, if Modesto could label their packages as fragile to ensure better handling and delivery, it would help.
Organic is GREAT!
Our rabbits LOVE this food and it is really good for them.
Lots of Dust
This is good organic rabbit food which is difficult to find, but it is at least 30% dust. Rabbits don't eat dust and in fact it can be harmful to them. For the cost of this food I would expect premium quality. I believe the ingredients are premium quality but with so much of it being wasted to dust its difficult to call this product premium quality. Very disappointed with the value as so much is wasted.