Mountainsmith K-9 Dog Pack
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Designed with an adjustable 4-point chest harness with a padded sternum, an adjustable back harness, an adjustable belly strap and a padded tubular grab handle.
- The padded tubular grab handle allows you to pull your pup out of any situation!
- Features 2 pannier compartments with zippered accessory pockets, a metal D-ring attachment, mesh panels and perforated EVA foam for increased ventilation.
- The reflective trim on the front, rear and side panels help keep your pup visible.
- Designed with a weather- and water-resistant interior coating.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Rugged Dog Life Jacket, X-Large$30.88Chewy Price
- KONG Scout Travel Day Dog Pack, Red/Gray, Small$19.59Chewy Price$32.00List Price
- Frisco Ripstop Dog Life Jacket, Pink, X-Small$12.59Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- Kurgo Baxter Dog Backpack, Baxter, Chili/Barn Red$59.95Chewy Price$61.99List Price
- OneTigris Mammoth Dog Pack, Coyote Brown, Small$37.99Chewy Price$38.99List Price
- ZippyPaws Adventure Dog Backpack, Graphite, X-Large$38.61Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- Browning Mossy Oak Shadow Grass Blades 5MM Neoprene Dog Vest, XX-Large$34.11Chewy Price$44.99List Price
- Kurgo RSG Dog Pack Pannier, Black$24.95Chewy Price$26.99List Price
- OneTigris Cotton Canvas Dog Backpack, Brown$35.98Chewy Price
- EzyDog High Performance Summit Dog Backpack, Small$79.00Chewy Price
- Littlearth NFL Dog & Cat Baseball Hat, Dallas Cowboys, Small$21.99Chewy Price
- Pets First NFLPA Dog & Cat Jersey, Patrick Mahomes, Large$28.00Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Cotton, Canvas, Natural Fabric|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Medium Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
|Lifestage||—||Puppy, Adult, Senior||Adult||Adult||—|
Questions & Answers
4 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
6 Customer Reviews
Quickly defeated by rough terrain.
I have used this pack only twice, which was on two difficult mountains (a 4000 and 5000 footer), with my Husky and it faired poorly. There is already a hole in one of the compartments from brushing on rocks and my Husky has slipped out of the harness on both hikes, specifically when descending (it also slipped off his back and rested on the back of his head, which looked awkward and uncomfortable for him). I did consider it was my own preparation as the problem after the first hike, but I spent nearly a half an hour the night before the second hike making sure the harness was secure. When it came off during the second hike several of the straps had loosen. On the whole, I basically paid for an inept piece of equipment for two day hikes and I am glad I did not take it on any section hikes.
It’s a great hiking pack. It fits my 105Ibs Great Dane mix perfectly. Everything is adjustable including the height of the two packs and I like how all the buckles are covered with padding. It’s really easy to get on my dog and he doesn’t have to step in it so that’s a plus. Only tried a few times so far and it might take your dog some time to get use to if they don’t usually where bags. But no complaints so far
I've used it once so far. It took our 6-month-old beagle mix a little bit to get used to wearing it, and he's still not in love, but . . . I don't think he's ever going to love wearing a harness. We originally got the medium: way too big for our 35-lb large beagle mix (large for a beagle, that is). The small fits him at nearly the smallest settings.
I recently started to get into hiking with my dog, and having my dog hold her own stuff has been really nice! The panniers are just a little too short to hold her Kong water bottle, so I have just been using a smaller one instead. The pack adjusts really well, so it can fit my dogs big chest and small waist. I really like that all the buckles have a piece of padded fabric behind them so nothing can rub on her skin. My dog weighs about 31 lbs and her chest measures about 20 inches, I purchased a small and it adjusted down nicely. Overall, this pack feels very well made and can hold everything she needs! Just make sure you don't load your dogs packs with more weight than they should carry.
It was my dogs first time backpacking so I wanted it to be comfortable and easy. These packs fit great and have all the features: covered buckles, adjustable straps and adjustable saddle bags. Highly recommend! My 58 pound puppy (5mo) wore a size small and my 70 pound dog wore a medium.
I am an avid hiker and photographer and my dogs travel with me on many of my trips. This is just the ticket for carrying those extras that they need on long treks. I am very pleased with the (light) weight, quality and versatility of this pack!