Natural Balance Gentle Balance Chicken, Barley, & Salmon Meal Formula Dry Dog Food, 26-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...||Chicken, Chicken Meal, Brown Rice...||Salmon Meal, Brown Rice, Pearled Barley...||Salmon (Source of Omega 3), Salmon Meal, Oatmeal...||Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, White Rice...|
|Special Diet||Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Natural, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, With Grain||Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, Flax-Free, With Grain|
|Health Feature||Immune Support, Vitamins & Minerals, Brain Health...||Digestive Health, Immune Support, Skin & Coat Health||—||Sensitive Skin, Sensitive Digestion||—|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||All Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Lamb, Poultry, Meat, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Salmon, Chicken, Poultry, Seafood & Fish||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry|
About This Item
- Easily digestible dog food specially crafted to be gentle on the stomach.
- Contains prebiotic to help support your pup’s gut health.
- Chicory root offers insulin to help support healthy digestion.
- Features vitamin E, C and zinc to help support immune health.
- Real chicken is the #1 ingredient for the high-quality protein your dog needs and the taste he loves!
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealAmerican Journey Large Breed Adult Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$54.99Chewy Price$52.24Autoship Price
- DealHorizon Pulsar Grain-Free Salmon Recipe Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$64.99Chewy Price$65.99List Price
- DealAmerican Journey Duck & Sweet Potato Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24 lb bag$54.99Chewy Price$52.24Autoship Price
- DealAvoDerm Advanced Sensitive Support Trout & Pea Formula Grain-Free Adult Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$55.09Chewy Price$65.99List Price$52.34Autoship Price
- DealWysong Senior Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$11.29Chewy Price$10.73Autoship Price
- DealAvoDerm Natural Triple Protein Chicken, Lamb & Turkey Meals Recipe All Life Stages Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$54.99Chewy Price$65.99List Price$52.24Autoship Price
- Natural Balance Zen Life Turkey & Barley Formula Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$20.98Chewy Price$19.93Autoship Price
- Ultimates Sensitive With Lamb Protein Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$17.25Chewy Price$16.39Autoship Price
- Wysong Adult Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag, bundle of 5$56.50Chewy Price$59.45List Price$53.67Autoship Price
- DealBlue Seal EnTrust Adult Chicken Meal & Barley Recipe Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$60.55Chewy Price$83.00List Price$57.52Autoship Price
- Natural Balance On the Move Chicken & Barley Formula High-Protein Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$20.98Chewy Price$19.93Autoship Price
- DealBlue Buffalo Freedom Adult Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$19.98Chewy Price$22.99List Price$18.98Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
15 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
184 Customer Reviews
My 6 year old yellow lab began randomly regurgitating her food about a year ago, with no changes to her diet. It has been a real mystery. We did consult with our vet and ruled out parasites, etc. We switched to slow feeder bowls, made sure to keep her bowls washed, made sure to keep her out of the trash cans, etc. There have been periods of improvement followed by periods of frequent regurgitation. Like her entire meal all over the carpet without warning. She normally eats Natural Balance Ultra Chicken formula, but I decided to try this formula. We have not yet finished a whole bag, but I realized today she hasn't regurgitated in a couple of weeks. I am also noticing she's slimming down a little, so I'm happy about that too. *We ordered 2 bags, didn't bring them into the house the day they arrived, and an animal tore into one of the bags. Because we don't know what tore into the bag, we can't feed it to Jazzy, so we had to THROW AWAY an ENTIRE $60 bag of dog food! Don't make the same silly mistake we made. :(
Our excited and active little Sheltie is doing very well on this food. It must truly be gentle and balanced. Nervous tummy issues are no longer. We had some problems with stool consistency. The kibbles are larger in diameter than what I would pick for a small to medium dog but they are flat so it all works out fine. Finn is doing very well and loves the taste. I also mix the Natural Balance canned food with the kibbles.
Great for VERY picky huskies!
My 1.5 year old Siberian Husky, Roshe, should be a good critic. I have tried everything from wellness, to Acana, to Very expensive brands, and Natural Balance Synergy/ Gentle balance is a clear winner. Keeps him full, regular, and I don’t have to bribe him to eat it! I would highly recommend!
My 14 year old lab was having stomach issues and kept getting diarrhea for no reason a couple times a week. My vet couldn't find anything wrong with her so we decided to try an easy to digest food. She's been on this for almost a month now and hasn't had any more diarrhea and seems to be feeling much better. So thankful I found this food!
Not the same
I am disappointed that when I called Chewy after delivery they said it was the same as Synergy. Synergy cleared up my dogs post birth itchiness immediately. This new version with a different bag has not.
I'm little Terrier mix with a tender belly that sometimes needs help with digestion. Mom gives me pumpkin baby food and with this new food, my deposits are even better. And I didn't need to adjust to this new food because it's gentle and mom mixed it w/ my regular dry food and some warm water to help with the transition. I lick my bum less now too (don't tell mom)
Would give it 10 stars if I could
Kibble after kibble has suited neither of my girls - either gives one constipation or the other diarrhea. Two weeks full transitioned to this food, perfect poops every time, no smelly farts, even less acrid dog breath and itching. Unbeatable for the price.
not really Gentle Balance
They are still shipping the older formula called Synergy. My dog reacted better with the new gentle balance formula but it’s still unavailable on chewy.
Love the food. Just watching if maybe two much protein for a senior dog who just had her spleen removed.
Dogs love it
I don’t see a difference between Synergy and Gentle Balance, except for the bag. Our dogs love it!