Nutramax Proviable-DC Capsules Digestive Supplement for Cats & Dogs
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Natural supplement for reestablishing intestinal health with live microorganisms
- Added prebiotics encourage growth of the Proviable beneficial microorganisms within the intestinal tract
- Contains 7 key probiotic species for restoring intestinal microfloral balance after imbalances have occurred
- Multi-strain probiotic with billions of live microorganisms per capsule
- Easy to administer, sprinkle capsules for dogs and cats
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealNutramax Proviable DC Chewable Tablets Digestive Supplement for Dogs, 60 count$32.94Chewy Price$32.99List Price$31.29Autoship Price
- DealNutramax Proviable Kit Medication for Diarrhea for Cats & Dogs, 30mL Medium & Large Dog$24.99Chewy Price$23.74Autoship Price
- DealNutramax Cobalequin Chicken Flavored Chewable Tablets Supplement for Dogs, 45 count$26.99Chewy Price$25.64Autoship Price
- DealNutramax Cobalequin Chicken Flavored Chewable Tablets Supplement for Cats & Small Dogs, 45 count$21.99Chewy Price$20.89Autoship Price
- DealVetoquinol Pro-Pectalin Medication for Diarrhea for Cats & Dogs, 30-cc syringe$18.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$18.04Autoship Price
- DealPurina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets FortiFlora Chewable Tablets Digestive Supplement for Dogs, 45 tablets$44.99Chewy Price$42.74Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets FortiFlora Powder Digestive Supplement for Dogs, 90 count$92.97Chewy Price$88.32Autoship Price
- DealVetoquinol Pro-Pectalin Medication for Diarrhea for Cats & Dogs, 250 count$62.99Chewy Price$65.99List Price$59.84Autoship Price
- DealVetOne Advita Probiotic Nutritional Dog Supplement, 30 count$23.25Chewy Price$22.09Autoship Price
- VetriScience Vetri Mega Probiotic Capsules Digestive Supplement for Cats & Dogs, 240 count$57.00Chewy Price$54.15Autoship Price
- Nutramax Denamarin Tablets Liver Supplement for Small Cats & Dogs, 30 count blister pack$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Total Bacteria, Min. 5 Billion Cfu'S (Colony Forming Unit) Per Capsule(Bifidobacterium Bifidum, Enterococcus Faecium...||Gum Arabic, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product...||S-Adenosylmethionine.||Active Ingredients: S-Adenosylmethionine, Silybin A+B.||Active Ingredients: S-Adenosylmethionine, Silybin A+B.|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Medium Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds|
|Lifestage||Adult, Senior, Puppy, Kitten||Adult, Senior||Adult, Senior||Adult, Senior||Adult, Senior|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health||Digestive Health||Liver Care||Liver Care||Liver Care|
Questions & Answers
43 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
846 Customer Reviews
Seems To Be Helping, But...
One of my cats had diarrhea due to antibiotics she had to have. Even when Metronidazole was added, the diarrhea continued. I got a 10-pack of Proviable-DC from the vet, and while it did not stop the diarrhea completely, some of her poops became pasty instead of watery. Then when that 10-pack was gone, I ordered more Proviable-DC from Chewy (80-count box). She has gone through another 10-pack of the capsules, and now my baby is now on the second 10-pack from Chewy. Even though her poop is not totally formed, most of the time it is pasty, and sometimes even semi-formed. But, this may or may not be due to the Proviable-DC...It could be due to the fact that she has been long enough off the antibiotics for her to recover naturally. Anyhow, the vet recommended keeping her on the Proviable-DC for a while to see if she returns to normal, so that is what will be done. The only concern I have with this is that with the package I got from the vet, all of the capsules contained pure white powder, and with the capsules I received from Chewy, so far the majority of the capsules contain a tannish powder with orangish flecks mixed in. I guess I should contact NutraMax to find out if this is normal, or if someone is selling low-quality capsules to Chewy.
Bought this because several of my cats were having constipation issues, despite devouring much canned food. In only a few days, the probiotics were working well, and after a few weeks they were working too well! I've reduced the dosage to 1/2 capsule every few days to prevent loose stools, and it's working well. Wish the manufacturer would put a message on the box letting people know that the probiotics can be overly effective and pets should be monitored when using. Probiotics are waay better than lactulose (feline laxative) and a much better value.
This product is helpful but requires patience.
I have a Maine Coon Kitten who has been having issues for many months with forming a normal stool. He could barely eat any kind of wet cat food without having wet soft stools. The cat has been seen by the vet for this problem and they couldn’t find anything wrong with him. The vet said it was a food issue and that probiotics might help. The powder from the capsule was mixed into dry kitten food once daily every day for about a month. It absorbed pretty readily into the food. It took about a month of use to see any positive results. The course of Proviable was continued for another month and was able to transition the kitten into eating some wet canned kitten food as part of his diet. Another very helpful food was Stella and Chewy’s “Chick Chick Chicken” freeze dried dinner morsels. After he started eating the freeze dried chicken morsels twice daily ( about 8 pieces total per day) normal formed stools were achieved. Hallelujah! I think the freeze dried food soaked up the excess moisture in his gut. Just a theory. I will continue with the Proviable to keep my cat’s sensitive stomach calm.
This product is amazing!
I have tried so many different brands and products, from powder to chews for my Pitbull's sensitive digestion issues. Nothing really worked until this one. Capsule is easy to open and the taste doesn't seem to bother him. I would recommend giving this to anyone whose dog has poop issues.
My 17-year-old cat may have irritable bowel disorder. She does have chronic kidney disease. The powder is easy to mix in with her food (pour from the capsule and mix), Her appetite has not decline, perhaps even improving somewhat. She has been taking it for over a week.
My cat was having issues involving inflammation of the pancreas and irritable bowel. Poor baby had terrible diarrhea, among other things. My veterinarian gave us some Synacore probiotic powder. The quantity per dose was excessive and must have had a bad taste. To cover up the taste, I had to put a large quantity of food in the bowl; an amount that was more than she would eat in one day. I also noticed a lot of the powder ended up in the bottom of the bowl. We went to get a second opinion on the inflammation condition. This vet mentioned Nutramax, indicating that the dosage quantity was much smaller and yet very potent. Each morning I opened the capsule and sprinkled the powder on a small amount of crunchy food. She doesn't appear to detect it and ends up eating the small amount of food over a short period of time. When inspecting the empty bowl, there is no evidence of powder in the bottom; the powder adheres to the crunchy food, ensuring she is getting the daily dosage. It has been about a week and a half since giving her this probiotic. Her stool is much more normal now. I highly recommend this product!
Not White Powder
I Have been getting these for my cat and recently the pills do not contain the white powder but instead the contents are yellowish and solid. I have 8 pills I have set aside and had 5 more prior to these. What is going on
We have a five month old 3.7# Maltese puppy whose stools were too soft and difficult to pick up off the grass. He was also passing smelly gas. Tried the vet recommended product with only slight improvement. Proviable DC works well producing formed stools that don't stick to his rear, are easy to pickup and decreases his gas. Only problem is getting him to eat his dry kibble with the powder sprinkled on top. If he refuses to touch it, a tsp of beef broth on his kibble does the trick.
This helped with our puppies stomach in less than a week. I would highly recommend this if your puppy is having stomach issues. This did not have a funny taste or anything and he took it with no problem. I would just drop the pill in his food bowl and he would eat it. We didn't have to trick him with hiding it in anything.
does this really work?
My Vet suggested it and we already went through a 2 month supply. Not sure what has improved or not since the itching hasn't stopped, nor has the scooting. Poop has been normal before trying this.