OmniPet Chain Dog Leash with Leather Handle
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This high-quality chain leash is the perfect safety solution for dogs that chew through traditional leashes.
- Durable metal chain and collar clip help ensure the safety of your dog.
- Lighter than most comparable chain leashes making it a breeze to wear and carry.
- Black or brown leather handle provides strength while also being comfortable in your hand.
- Proudly made in the USA in a variety of chain lengths and gauges to fit most dogs.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- OmniPet Chain Dog Leash, Red, Heavyweight, 6-ft$13.34Chewy Price$14.50List Price
- Dogs My Love 6 Way European Multifunctional Leather Dog Leash, Black, 8-ft long, 3/4-in wide$35.90Chewy Price$38.90List Price
- Sporn Nylon Double Dog Leash, Black, Medium/Large: 5-ft long, 5/8-in wide$22.00Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- Mendota Products Large Snap Confetti Rope Dog Leash, Purple Confetti, 4-ft long, 1/2-in wide$20.22Chewy Price$20.49List Price
- PetSafe Sport Nylon Bungee Reflective Dog Leash, Royal Blue, 4.5-ft long, 3/4-in wide$16.95Chewy Price$20.99List Price
- Loops 2 Double Handle Dog Leash, Red$19.99Chewy Price$20.49List Price
- Mighty Paw BungeeX2 Nylon Reflective Double Dog Leash, Black, Lite: 3-ft long, 0.78-in wide$22.99Chewy Price$34.00List Price
- PetSpy Camo Bungee Dog Leash, 4 - 6 ft, Green$12.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Leather, Metal, Natural Fabric||Faux Leather, Metal, Synthetic Fabric||Cotton, Polyester, Natural Fabric, Synthetic Fabric||Stainless Steel, Metal||Cotton, Natural Fabric|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Medium Breeds||Small Breeds||All Breeds||Small Breeds|
|Closure Type||Bolt Snap||Bolt Snap||Snap||Snap||Snap|
|Leash Length||6 feet||6 feet||6.5 feet||6 feet||6 feet|
Questions & Answers
18 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
218 Customer Reviews
Good but not Great
This was purchased to solve a problem. Our Great Dane puppy ( not really a puppy anymore because she is now almost 16 months) has chewed through several other leaches. Both hers and our Great Pyrenees. While she was unable to chew through the leash she chewed through the handle on this one. That effectively renders it useless. Making it so that you could replace the handle would be a very good thing. Now I have buy a new one and am left an otherwise working leash that is unusable. If you know how to replace the handle I am all ears. It is overall made well and appears that it would hold up well.
Indoor Tether Lifesaver
Our dog has chewed through multiple leashes when we have tried tethering him while we eat dinner. He has tried to chew on this one with no luck so he just sits calmly on his bed and waits to be released.
Pet chain dog leash
After my dog chewed through the first one, I bought a chain leash. It's a great leash but the attachment on the end is small and I find it harder to hook him up to it.
Great Leash for Dogs who Chew their Leashes
This worked for our English Shepard who ate through about 6 leashes. She liked to holder leashes in her mouth when we would walk. Within a minute she would chew one through when she decided. She doesn't attempt chewing her leash with this one. Perfect solution.
Necessary for the dog that chews on a nylon lead
When a puppy or dog wants to chew or grab a leather/nylon lead, this is the easiest humane way to stop the habit. It doesn't take but a few walks for the dog to leave the lead alone. Easy peasy.
Six foot heavy duty chain leash with leather handle
I have not had the leash long enough to know if it will hold up to daily use, but it appears to be very well made and of great quality. I read a review that stated the leather handle was of thin leather. It is plenty thick enough. Any thicker and it would be uncomfortable to hold.
Heavy Chain is Heavy
I ordered this as I was tired of my pup eating her leashes. Those pretty ones that look like heavy ribbon are chewed in pieces with less than 3 minutes. She is just learning to walk on a leash. So I ordered the 4 foot length. It is a perfect length. My only error was getting the heavy chain. It is heavy! Looks like I think my mini Schnauzer is a Great Dane or at least a Doberman. It is a good old fashioned leash like the ones that were available when I was a child.
Chewy is amazing
Chewy is amazing and put out a quality product. I purchased the wrong leash and Chewy got me all straightened out.
Foiled My Chewer
Almost six old month puppy chewed through a nylon leash when I got distracted. I heard her chewing and she quickly gave up on this metal link leash. She was getting nowhere fast.
Charge a bit more and make it better
Seems sturdy. Certainly heavy enough. But the clip is too small for the heft of the thing. I thought, no problem, just cut off the big clip from the chewed up leash and use that. Well, you guessed it. The clip on the leash is too small for that. So, here I am with a leash I probably won't use much. It's also too heavy to wrap around your wrist easily. Solution. Get a good sturdy fabric leash and don't let him chew it.