Onguard Plus Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 5-22 lbs
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Contains the same two active ingredients as the leading national topical flea and tick brand.
- Topical treatment kills all life stages of fleas and ticks on dogs at least eight weeks old and ranging from 5 to 22 pounds. Helps control infestations of chewing lice and sarcoptic mange mites.
- Helps break the flea life cycle and rids your dog of flea eggs, larvae, pupae and adults. Also kills tick larvae, nymphs and adults.
- Effective against fleas that cause flea allergy dermatitis as well as brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, lone star ticks and deer ticks that may carry Lyme disease, when used as directed.
- Redesigned applicator makes it easier to apply this long-lasting and waterproof treatment that provides protection even after your dog has a bath, or gets wet from the rain or plays in water.
- Manufactured in the USA for the quality and effectiveness you can trust.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Capstar Flea Oral Treatment for Dogs, 2-25 lbs, 6 Tablets$34.99Chewy Price$40.99List Price$33.24Autoship Price
- TevraPet FirstAct Plus Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 6 - 22 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$16.99Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- Capstar Flea Oral Treatment for Dogs, over 25 lbs, 6 Tablets$36.99Chewy Price$40.99List Price$35.14Autoship Price
- Advantus Flea Oral Treatment for Dogs, 4-22 lbs, 7 Soft Chews$26.98Chewy Price$25.63Autoship Price
- Advantus Flea Oral Treatment for Dogs, 23-110 lbs, 30 Soft Chews$56.98Chewy Price$54.13Autoship Price
- Frontline Gold Flea & Tick Treatment for Small Dogs, 5-22 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$49.99Chewy Price$57.99List Price$47.49Autoship Price
- PetArmor Plus Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 5-22 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$42.99Chewy Price$46.99List Price$40.84Autoship Price
- Frontline Gold Flea & Tick Treatment for Medium Dogs, 23-44 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$49.99Chewy Price$57.99List Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Onguard Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 23-44 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$28.49Chewy Price$27.07Autoship Price
- K9 Advantix II Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 11-20 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$48.99Chewy Price$69.98List Price$46.54Autoship Price
- Advantage II Flea Spot Treatment for Dogs, over 55 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$59.98Chewy Price$56.98Autoship Price
- PetArmor Plus Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 45-88 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$42.99Chewy Price$46.99List Price$40.84Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Active Ingredients: Fipronil 9.8%, (S)-Methoprene 8.8%||Dinitefuran, Pyriproxyfen, Permethrin.||Active Ingredients: Fipronil 9.80%, (S)-methoprene 8.80%.||Active Ingredients: Etofenprox: 55.0%, Piperonyl Butoxide*: 10.0%, N-octyl Bicycloheptene Dicarboximide (MGK 264): 1.0%...||Dinitefuran, Pyriproxyfen, Permethrin.|
|Lifestage||Adult||Puppy, Adult, Senior||Adult, Puppy, Senior||Adult, Puppy, Senior||Puppy, Adult, Senior|
|Breed Size||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||Small Breeds||Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds|
Questions & Answers
16 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
144 Customer Reviews
Nope. Don't like it
Saw some good reviews and that it's the same ingredients as some more expensive brands. I did a flea bath then when I was still noticing some fleas 3 hours later I applied this medication, first time doing flea meds not as a chew so that was hard to figure out but after about 30 hours I found 8 live fleas. It's been a week and I have flea combed her 3 times due to seeing some while holding her and will find maybe 4-5 each time. Doesn't mean I pick them off cause they are fast so one or two could be the same ones but they should be dead.
I usually dont go looking to much at Reviews because sometimes it can be False. But this stuff doesnt work for nothing. I got 2 separate orders of this product because both of my dogs got infected with fleas. I gave them full baths, then gave them both a good dry and applied the medicine and it didnt work. I had to find a alternative. Definitely will be getting my money back. If i could give 0 stars i would.
The instructions for application were obscure and vague. V poor labeling. One had to read thru tons of small print that was all pablum, hoping to find clear info on application. If I were a first timer, I would find this very very frustrating. This company needs big time help w packaging and labeling- seems they are an 8mpoverished start up or something??
Does not work.
I applied it on my dogs as instructed and did not work at all. There’s still fleas on both my dogs who are less than 15lbs. It’s been about 2 weeks since I first applied it and I’m still finding LIVE fleas. Definitely would not recommend. I was really bummed due to the great reviews I had seen but clearly does not work.
Good price - works good
I may live in a suburb, but I have a yard full of squirrels, birds, and pesky chipmunks. These flea drops work great on my shih tzu who always spit out pills no matter what I put them in.
Same Product- Less Cost!
This product has worked great, and is very cost effective! I see reviews and wonder if people do any research because it’s the same exact active ingredients as Frontline. Make sure to apply it correctly and know that if you have fleas already, you should probably visit a vet. I highly recommend for the price! My dog is always out camping, hiking, backpacking with me and no problems in the past two years!
Never had a problem
I used this in 2020 and 2021 on 2 of my babies. No problem yet, thank you Jesus. I was reading some of the views, just a suggestion to other buyers. If you have critters, mean alot of critters running around your area, that's why the fleas are horrible. I had too many raccoons, my jax's caught fleas. I used it, yes they came back following month. I found the fleas living in the fall leaves, because as well the raccoons were coming to grab for nesting. Sprayed critters spray, under my deck, leaves, mulch...used this again, knocked on wood no fleas, not alot of critters. I have 4 dogs and 3 in house cats. So bugs are a no no for me. Hope this opinion helps and protects your babies.
Onguard flea medicine
I put one tube on today because my dog has fleas and it’s a joke how much they give you. There wasn’t enough to put down my 13 lb shitzu/cockapoo back. Had to use some from another company. Hope it works. The tube looks big but it’s not filled up enough with the medicine.
Great! Wonderful! Easy to do business with!
I bought this for my girlfriend in Florida. Her dog, Bella, must be doing fine with the Onguard Plus.
Great product and less oily than other topicals
Very impressed. I usually don't like to buy less expensive products when it comes to my fur babies health. However, this is a Chewy only product, made for Chewy. Chewy took such good care of my last dog, getting her meds delivered quickly when she was dying of CHF. So I thought I would try it. It's a great product, haven't seen a flea yet or tick and I live in a heavily wooded area with lots of bugs.