OraVet Plaque Prevention Dog Dental Gel, 8 count
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Oral plaque prevention gel can be used in conjunction with brushing, or as an alternative for dogs that dislike brushing.
- Invisible gel works by forming a barrier that prevents bacteria from sticking to the teeth, helping to reduce plaque and tartar buildup.
- Tasteless and odorless, it’s easily applied by swabbing along the gum line with the included applicator.
- Use once per week in between regular cleanings as part of your at-home dental care routine.
- Give your pets treats, chews, and food as usual. Will not interfere with their regular eating routine.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Bluestem Oral Care Vanilla Mint Flavored Dog Dental Water Additive, 17-oz bottle$16.99Chewy Price$16.14Autoship Price
- Mr. Groom OxyGreen Oral Hygiene Q10 Dog & Cat Dental Gel, 4-oz tube$7.99Chewy Price$7.59Autoship Price
- Pawstruck Dog & Cat Dental Wipes, 50 count$19.88Chewy Price$19.99List Price$18.89Autoship Price
- Vetality Brush Free Daily Dental Care Chews for Dogs, 30 count$26.63Chewy Price
- Petique Eco-Friendly Bamboo Dog & Cat Toothbrush, Large$9.99Chewy Price
- Triple Pet EZ Vanilla Mint Flavored Dog Toothpaste, 2.5-oz$6.23Chewy Price
- Petosan Complete Small Dog Dental Kit$11.55Chewy Price$21.98List Price
- Ark Naturals Plaque-Zapper Medium & Large Dog Dental Water Additive Pouches$13.49Chewy Price$16.49List Price$12.82Autoship Price
- Dr. Tim's Breakables Medium & Large Dog Dental Chews, 15 count$11.59Chewy Price$11.01Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||All Breeds, Small Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
|Health Feature||Dental & Breath Care||—||Dental & Breath Care||Dental & Breath Care||Dental & Breath Care|
|Top Ingredients||—||Inactive: Virgin Olive Oil, Fumed Silica, Glycerine...||Active Ingredient: 0.1% Chlorhexidine Gluconate., Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water, Polysorbate 20...||Water, Naturally Derived Alcohol, Glycerin...||Water, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate...|
Questions & Answers
15 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
43 Customer Reviews
It works well
Started this on our Rescue pups teeth so far no build up.
Very sticky mess and both dogs hated
I tried this as I love the OraVet chews and so do my dogs. This was a fiasco and all three of us ended up with the most gooey waxy mess everywhere. Could not wash off well. I wish maybe it was a spray formula. All three of us like the Complete Oral Care Petzlife Spray.
If you ever need a product to help prevent gum disease progression in your puppy,this is the one to get.Anyone who has a Yorkie knows that they are prone to it more than any other breed.Get this product.You wont be sorry.
Seems to work!
So far this product helps make my boys breath and teeth look brighter & fresher. Since my dog is small and doesn’t use the whole single treatment, I save some for the next treatment. The 8 weeks will last me longer
The instructions are on the outside of the box - no detailed info in the box with the product. There is no info as to the amount to use on a 6 pound toy breed dog vs a larger breed. There is no info on proper storage - refrigerate or room temp. The applicator is way too big to use on toy breed dog, but using a q-tip works alright and directions say to apply only to the outer side of teeth to gum line. The product is thicker than vaseline. There is no info on how much to apply - certainly an entire packet it far too much for a toy breed and may not be enough for someone with a large breed dog. Instructions state to begin weekly application 2 weeks AFTER regular yearly Vet dental cleanings. I followed that instruction. At this point, do I save the majority of the opened container and use it for weekly application, or throw it in garbage? Seems like a big waste of money to throw it away link instructions say. Is this product helpful to prevent tarter build up, or to use instead of daily brushing? I am not sure yet. And what happens if it is used on a dog that has tarter buildup already on its teeth? Does it help? My Vet didnt mention any products for after dental cleaning appt. I saw the product on Chewy and thought it might be beneficial. I will continue the weekly applications and watch for signs of tarter. Time will tell the value of this product for my 6 pound Russian Toy breed dog.
This product works!!
Tired of brushing your canine's teeth every night? Switch to once a week by using Ora Vet after brushing, bring the brushing down to once a week!
recommended by the vet, but a nightmare to apply
Vet recommended for a cat as a profilaxys between dental cleanings and as an alternative to daily brushing. Applied once a week and reducing plaque sounds fabulous. With a small animal and in this formulation the product is a nightmare to apply though, which means it’s mostly smeared on you and cats face, rather than teeth or gums. As others mentioned, having dry surfaces is a prerequisite for it sticking, so don’t think it made much of a difference for our oral hygiene.
This product works great. easy to use. was recommended by my dogs oral surgeon. it really works. no more oral surgery for my baby.
I have been using OraVet gel for about 6 years on my 2 poms, 10 and 7. Neither of them have ever needed a dental. I will continue to use OraVet and recommend it.
I have been using this for 2 weeks now. Easy to apply and hopefully it helps my dogs' teeth/gums!