Outward Hound DayPak for Dogs, Blue
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Four expandable pockets provide storage for food, toys and other necessities.
- Comes with a D-ring for leash attachment.
- Adjustable straps and breathable mesh gives your dog maximum comfort and fit.
- Reflective accents and vibrant colors enhance visibility.
- Water resistant fabric is perfect for outdoor adventures and easy to clean.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Ripstop Dog Life Jacket, Pink, Large$19.19Chewy Price$23.99List Price
- KONG Sport AquaFloat Dog Flotation Vest, Green, Medium$42.50Chewy Price$50.00List Price
- Frisco Rugged Dog Life Jacket, Large$25.99Chewy Price
- KONG Sport AquaPro Dog Flotation Vest, Orange, Small$59.50Chewy Price$70.00List Price
- Ultra Paws Durable Dog Boots, 4 count, X-Small$31.95Chewy Price$44.87List Price
- KONG Scout Travel Day Dog Pack, Red/Gray, Small$20.62Chewy Price$32.00List Price
- ZippyPaws Adventure Dog Backpack, Graphite, Medium$33.65Chewy Price$36.99List Price
- Browning Mossy Oak Shadow Grass Blades 5MM Neoprene Dog Vest, XX-Large$34.11Chewy Price$44.99List Price
- OneTigris Mammoth Dog Pack, Coyote Brown, Small$37.99Chewy Price$38.99List Price
- GF Pet Reversible Dog Raincoat, Small$34.99Chewy Price
- OneTigris Cotton Canvas Dog Backpack, Brown$35.98Chewy Price
- EzyDog High Performance Summit Dog Backpack, Small$79.00Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Mesh, Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Mesh, Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Medium Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
|Lifestage||—||—||Puppy, Adult, Senior||—||Adult|
Questions & Answers
12 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
212 Customer Reviews
This is a great value!
Well made and looks comfortable. We are still letting her carry it empty to get used to it, but she doesn't mind so far. Much lower in price than similar products we have looked at.
So far so good.
I've taken my dog (33 lbs) out for a few long walks so far. She tolerates the pack well (3 lb. load) and when it's adjusted well and the weight is equalized in the two bags, the pack rarely shifts. I'm taking off one point because it comes with no instructions, because it has no loops or cords on which to tie additional items, like her sleeping bag, and because I haven't tested it out thoroughly yet. To put the pack on, I slip her head through the neck loop and rest the pack on her back, then pull her right paw up and through another loop, then clip the strap that goes under her belly to the other side of the pack, then do the same for the chest strap, then tighten straps so that there's almost no slack, leaving just enough room for her chest to expand while she breathes, but no more. I hope that makes sense and that it helps.
I’m happy with my purchase of this item. The size was correct for my dog and it works well for our needs. I think it’s a good buy for the price. Not sure how it would be for a rugged hiker but works for leisurely walking nicely. Easy to get on and off and figure out, sometimes harnesses and backpacks are complicated but not the case with this one.
My dog is still getting used to wearing this, but the backpack is great quality! The only thing I think I would change is where the leash hooks on because it’s lower on her back it causes the backpack to shift to one side sometimes. My dog is young though and moves a lot during walks. Still a great backpack and I will be continuing to use it!
Backpack itself is good
Love the backpack! It has way more pockets than I was expecting, and even after stuffing it, it doesnt look bulky. My dog doesnt mind it at all and everyone thinks she looks cute with it! Unfortunately, however, within 2 days of using it the D-ring completely snapped. Thankfully I was able to work around this quickly, but I definitely have to invest in a heavier duty ring to attach to it now
Be careful of sizing information
My dog is 52 lbs., and his girth is 28 inches, which is on the lowest side of large, so I got large. The DayPak is a little too large for him, but the info says, "If your pet measures between two sizes, we advise ordering the larger of the two." Other than that, it's a great buy." Rather than going through the hassle of returning it, I'll just fix it myself with some super-strong thread and big needle.
It fits my dog perfectly. She seem comfortable while wearing it hiking/camping too. I love that it is a brighter color so it is easy to see her. It has been holding up and has to rips in it.
would not stay in place shifted back and forth side to side
cute but impractical
So the pak fits my dog fine, except....the front breast strap goes...no where? I don't know if the pak sent to me was faulty, but there was no buckle or place to fasten the strap, so it just hangs down there in front. When we walked around the house, it looked uncomfortable for my pooch, and wasn't stable from side to side so I can't imagine putting anything in it. A very disappointing purchase and waste of money. :(
Misses the mark
This pack just misses the mark. While the side bags are a good size for being able to store anything you need for a long day hike, it lacks in other areas. The straps don't stay tight so expect to be readjusting and retightening them every few minutes along the trail. There is only one place to secure the leash (on the back of the pack towards your dog's tail) which leaves little leverage in instances where you may need to prevent pulling or get your dog to start moving after they stop to sniff. It was a frustrating day with this pack. Invest the extra money and avoid the hassle.