Outward Hound Standley Sport Dog Life Jacket
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- High-quality life jacket is made with extra rugged ripstop nylon that’s reinforced to stand up to frequent, adventurous use.
- Mesh bellyband allows for quick water drainage; unique sternum design and lightweight construction provide ideal performance and a wide range of motion.
- Highly durable, quick-release snaps with adjustable straps on the belly and neck ensure a secure and comfortable fit.
- Includes double handles for emergency lifting and a leash clasp for use as a harness.
- Designed with the skilled swimmer in mind but suitable for dogs of all experience levels.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Rugged Dog Life Jacket, Small$19.99Chewy Price
- Outward Hound Neoprene Dawson Swimmer Dog Life Jacket, X-Small$28.98Chewy Price$43.99List Price
- Frisco Active Dog Life Jacket, Medium$22.99Chewy Price
- EzyDog Doggy Flotation Device Life Jacket, Yellow, Small$62.00Chewy Price
- KONG Sport AquaPro Dog Flotation Vest, Orange, X-Large$72.25Chewy Price$85.00List Price
- US ARMY Dog Life Vest, Dark Camo, Small$29.99Chewy Price
- Outward Hound Dawson Swim Dog Life Jacket, Pink, Small$31.99Chewy Price$49.49List Price
- GF Pet Life Vest Dog Jacket, Yellow, X-Small$29.99Chewy Price
- Kurgo Surf n' Turf Dog Life Jacket, Yellow/Blue, X-Large$64.95Chewy Price$71.99List Price
- Frisco Neoprene Dog Life Jacket, X-Small$25.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Ripstop Dog Life Jacket, Pink, X-Large$25.99Chewy Price
- KONG Sport AquaFloat Dog Flotation Vest, Pink, X-Small$34.00Chewy Price$40.00List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Mesh, Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Neoprene, Rubber||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Neoprene, Rubber||Polyester, Polyurethane, Synthetic Fabric, Plastic|
|Breed Size||Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds||Small Breeds||Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds|
|Closure Type||—||Hook & Loop||Hook & Loop||—||Buckle|
Questions & Answers
9 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
31 Customer Reviews
either too big or really small
I waited since last year to order this swim vest because it seems to be the only one that offers more freedom of movement for the dog. It also seems like it wont be as hot to wear since it has mesh and openings on the sides. We don't need a life jacket, just a swim assist so to speak. The small is really small, and the medium is definitely too big. Plus, because the small is so small, lifting him with the handle looks like it could hurt his ribs. We have a Havaneese. He is 23 lbs. His girth measures 21 so we are right on the cusp between sizes. The vest looks well made and we will try out the small, hopefully it offers enough.
Good food for cats
This food is good quality, my cats like the taste and it’s a great price.
Not for beginners
This jacket would be great for dogs that are riding in a watercraft “just in case” or those who are confident swimmers and again only need a just in case vest. However it dose not have enough “flotation” for a dog that is not comfortable in the water yet it’s only a step above no jacket at all. Just know your pets ability. It’s non bulky design is appealing but you give up the flotation level with the bulk.
I really liked this life jacket. Some of the others were too bulky and it was hard for the dog to also swim in it. This jacket leaves enough room for the dog to feel comfortable to take a nap. Would highly recommend this jacket the sizes run a little large so just to keep that in mind.
We initially ordered the medium, but we found it to be too big. It's true that girth is the main and pretty much the only measurement to size your dog, but this was not successful for our pet. We a French bulldog, so measurements are odd anyway...girth and length tend to be disproportional relative to a normal dog. Our dogs chest is right at 21", which calls for a medium. The problem with the medium was the distance between the main straps under the device. They span roughly 7" from front to rear and that caught our dog under the legs and belly. It was just a little too far and dug in my dogs front arm pits and in front of the rear legs. We exchanged for the small, and it was absolutely perfect. This floatation device is the best fit we have ever had. It allows our dog plenty of room to walk, run and even potty. Everything about this device was designed perfectly. The buckles are very convenient and line up easily...anyone who has had those buckles that are constantly not lining up and just frustration, know what I am talking about. Theses buckles are great and there are velcro pieces to hold the excess straps out of the way. These are a one time need...once you have the straps to where you want them, stow them away and never mess with the loose ends again...that is, unless your dog gains weight. The device is so comfortable, my dog can run, play and even go to the potty with ease. It appears to also be very breathable. The only thing I cannot comment on is the buoyancy, as it is winter....maybe the bath tub.
Life vest for Finn
Fits great on my 100# RR. Haven't tried it in the water yet.
No too bulky, light weight
I bought this life vest for my 13 lb mini aussie and it is perfect. It isn't too bulky, it's light weight and breathable for those hot days. The adjustable straps come with a built in strap to roll them up if they are too long. and it is super easy to put on your dog. It works as it should, measurement guidelines were spot on for us.
Perfect for my Chinese Crested!
This life vest was perfect for my Chinese Crested dog. He weighs about 10 pounds and the small fit him perfectly. He was comfortable riding on the boat and swimming with the life vest.
Perfect for our new swimmer
Our dog is 83 pounds but by girth fits an extra large. He is only a year old and didn't experience swimming until this spring. I got him this life jacket. I liked that it has a leash attachment and mesh panels for the water to drain. It also has a sturdy handle to grab. This helped in supporting him as he was getting used to the sensation of swimming. The clips seem strong. The vest seems well made. Looking forward to more time on the lake!
for my pitty
My pitty weighs 74lbs and has a girth of 31 inches and I got the large and it fit her perfectly. She just recently discovered she loves swimming in the lake so I wanted to get her something to help while she’s learning. It has a built in leash attachment which I love. Its sturdy enough to pick her up in emergencies but it’s a life vest not a harness. I think it’s great quality and gets the job done 100% while being cute as a button