Oxbow Essentials Regal Rat Adult Rat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This product has been formulated with guidance by a combined team of professionals with experience in laboratory animal science, zoo and wildlife nutrition. Members include a leading nutritionist with 25 years of expertise in laboratory animal science, formerly with the National Institutes of Health and a member of National Research Council committees.
- This is a nutritionally balanced feed, designed to increase the longevity and well-being of the pet rat.
- Research has shown that animals in the adult stage of life require lower levels of certain nutrients. Foods high in fat reduce the rat's ability to control energy consumption, resulting in obesity. Regal Rat - Adult Rat Food is a low fat diet designed to meet the nutritional needs of adult rats without life threatening obesity.
- Made to be a complete kibble that prevents selective feeding behaviors that are commonly associated with seed-based diets.
- Perfectly made as a specialty feed, with a taste they will love, designed exclusively for your adult rat's nutritional needs.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Oxbow Essentials Adult Rabbit Food All Natural Adult Rabbit Pellets, 10-lb bag$20.39Chewy Price$24.99List Price$19.37Autoship Price
- Grandpa's Best Timothy Hay Small Pet Food, 5-lb mini bale, 2 count$32.61Chewy Price$30.98Autoship Price
- Rabbit Hole Hay Ultra Premium, Hand Packed Alfalfa Hay Small Pet Food, 4-oz bag$8.97Chewy Price$10.47List Price$8.52Autoship Price
- Vitakraft Orchard Grass Hay Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla & Small Animal Food, 28-oz bag$12.49Chewy Price$11.87Autoship Price
- ZuPreem Nature's Promise Western Timothy Hay Small Animal Food, 14-oz bag$7.49Chewy Price$7.12Autoship Price
- Hall's Hay Timothy Hay 2nd Cut Mini-Bale Small Pet Food, 5-lb box$16.39Chewy Price$15.57Autoship Price
- DealMarshall Premium Ferret Food, 22-oz bag$10.99Chewy Price$12.99List Price$10.44Autoship Price
- DealOxbow Essentials Adult Guinea Pig Food All Natural Adult Guinea Pig Pellets, 10-lb bag$22.59Chewy Price$26.49List Price$21.46Autoship Price
- DealSunseed Vita Prima Guinea Pig Food, 8-lb bag$11.99Chewy Price$20.99List Price$11.39Autoship Price
- BM Hay Company No Mess Timothy HayBox Small Animal Food, 7-lb box$19.44Chewy Price$19.99List Price$18.47Autoship Price
- Hall's Hay Timothy Hay 1st Cut Mini-Bale Small Pet Food, 5-lb box$16.39Chewy Price$15.57Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Whole Brown Rice, Oat Groats, Wheat Bran...||Ground Corn, Soybean Meal, Wheat Middlings...||Wheat, Soybean Meal, Barley...||Dehulled Soybean Meal, Ground Corn, Wheat Middlings...||Oat Groats, Whole Barley, Soybean Meal...|
|Health Feature||Vitamins & Minerals||Vitamins & Minerals||Vitamins & Minerals, Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health...||Dental & Breath Care||Vitamins & Minerals, Dental & Breath Care|
|Small Pet Type||Rat||Mouse, Rat||Rat||Rat, Mouse||Rat|
|Special Diet||Low Fat||High-Protein||High-Protein||—||Non-GMO|
Questions & Answers
17 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
328 Customer Reviews
best rat kibble
I’ve been using this food for a while now and it’s the only kibble (other than fish based dog kibble) that my guys and gals will eat. I make a mix with it every two weeks and it’s really good at giving your pocket puppies the nutrients they need!
Food of Choice
Fairly cheap, and my rats eat it right up. Definitely ordering the bigger size.
Get it for your babies
My rats all love this food. I have many rats and they all eat it and love it as well as having healthy coats!
Get the big bag
It's such a great investment if you get the bigger bag. I have 7 rats and it lasted me over a month. It's their favorite food
My Boys Love This Food!
I’m still pretty new to being a rat owner so I’ve been trying out different brands/products my two boys prefer and it’s been pretty difficult. They usually pick through the food and leave the majority not ate. They loved this one right off the bat! I’m thrilled knowing this especially since it’s a healthier brand. I will be using this as their primary source!
mice adore it!
i tried so many different mice food blocks and pellets and my mice didn't like them much there was a lot of food wasted and my mice started to get skinny i saw that mice could eat this as well and they absolutely love it and there is no more wasted food.
Oxbow Adult Rat food
Been using this product for years now and have had no issues whatsoever. Keeps them healthy and happy!
Great food and the rats love it!
I use this in combination with the Oxbow Garden Select pellets, since Oxbow makes the healthiest options for primary diets. All my rats have preferred these kibble over any other. I bought the 20lb bag and didn't realize how much food it is! I only have two rats so it will last a very long time. The bag is zip-locked which is super nice so it doesn't get stale or bugs in it.
The best you will find for rats
I bought this along with Science Selective rat food and mix them together with black oil sunflower seeds and Basic 4 GM cereal. Oxbow doesn’t smell great but the babies love it.
They love it
They love this rat food. Its a good size it lasts 2 months for 7 rats but thats also with vegetables and such