Oxbow Essentials Regal Rat Adult Rat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This product has been formulated with guidance by a combined team of professionals with experience in laboratory animal science, zoo and wildlife nutrition. Members include a leading nutritionist with 25 years of expertise in laboratory animal science, formerly with the National Institutes of Health and a member of National Research Council committees.
- This is a nutritionally balanced feed, designed to increase the longevity and well-being of the pet rat.
- Research has shown that animals in the adult stage of life require lower levels of certain nutrients. Foods high in fat reduce the rat's ability to control energy consumption, resulting in obesity. Regal Rat - Adult Rat Food is a low fat diet designed to meet the nutritional needs of adult rats without life threatening obesity.
- Made to be a complete kibble that prevents selective feeding behaviors that are commonly associated with seed-based diets.
- Perfectly made as a specialty feed, with a taste they will love, designed exclusively for your adult rat's nutritional needs.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealMazuri Mouse & Rat Food, 25-lb bag$24.99Chewy Price$28.99List Price$23.74Autoship Price
- DealOxbow Essentials Chinchilla Food All Natural Chinchilla Food, 3-lb bag$10.19Chewy Price$11.99List Price$9.68Autoship Price
- DealHall's Hay Timothy Hay 2nd Cut Mini-Bale Small Pet Food, 5-lb box$16.39Chewy Price$15.57Autoship Price
- DealScience Selective Adult Rabbit Food, 8.8-lb bag$25.52Chewy Price$26.99List Price$24.24Autoship Price
- DealBM Hay Company Orchard Hay Small Pet Food, 8-lb box$20.99Chewy Price$19.94Autoship Price
- DealOxbow Alfalfa Hay Small Animal Food, 15-oz bag$5.19Chewy Price$6.49List Price$4.93Autoship Price
- DealOxbow Animal Health Harvest Hay Stacks Western Timothy Hay All Natural Hay for Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Chinchillas, Hamsters & Gerbils, 35-oz.$11.19Chewy Price$13.99List Price$10.63Autoship Price
- DealRabbit Hole Hay Ultra Premium, Hand Packed Alfalfa Hay Small Pet Food, 4-oz bag$8.97Chewy Price$10.47List Price$8.52Autoship Price
- DealGrandpa's Best Timothy Hay Small Pet Food, 40-oz mini bale$9.99Chewy Price$12.49List Price$9.49Autoship Price
- DealZuPreem Nature's Promise Western Timothy Hay Small Animal Food, 14-oz bag$5.79Chewy Price$6.49List Price$5.50Autoship Price
- DealLiving World Timothy Hay Chews Small Animal Food, 16-oz bag$6.39Chewy Price$6.99List Price$6.07Autoship Price
- DealVitakraft Orchard Grass Hay Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla & Small Animal Food, 28-oz bag$7.07Chewy Price$7.99List Price$6.72Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Whole Brown Rice, Oat Groats, Wheat Bran...||Ground Corn, Soybean Meal, Wheat Middlings...||Ground Oats, Wheat Flour, Ground Sorghum...||Dehulled Soybean Meal, Ground Corn, Wheat Middlings...||Oat Groats, Whole Barley, Sunflower Meal...|
|Food Form||Pellets||Pellets||Grains, Dried Fruits, Dried Veggies, Mix||Pellets||Pellets|
|Health Feature||Vitamins & Minerals||Vitamins & Minerals||—||Dental & Breath Care||Dental & Breath Care, Vitamins & Minerals|
|Small Pet Type||Rat||Mouse, Rat||Rat||Rat, Mouse||Mouse, Rat|
|Special Diet||Low Fat||High-Protein||Non-GMO||—||Non-GMO|
Questions & Answers
18 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
326 Customer Reviews
Get it for your babies
My rats all love this food. I have many rats and they all eat it and love it as well as having healthy coats!
Get the big bag
It's such a great investment if you get the bigger bag. I have 7 rats and it lasted me over a month. It's their favorite food
My Boys Love This Food!
I’m still pretty new to being a rat owner so I’ve been trying out different brands/products my two boys prefer and it’s been pretty difficult. They usually pick through the food and leave the majority not ate. They loved this one right off the bat! I’m thrilled knowing this especially since it’s a healthier brand. I will be using this as their primary source!
mice adore it!
i tried so many different mice food blocks and pellets and my mice didn't like them much there was a lot of food wasted and my mice started to get skinny i saw that mice could eat this as well and they absolutely love it and there is no more wasted food.
Oxbow Adult Rat food
Been using this product for years now and have had no issues whatsoever. Keeps them healthy and happy!
Great food and the rats love it!
I use this in combination with the Oxbow Garden Select pellets, since Oxbow makes the healthiest options for primary diets. All my rats have preferred these kibble over any other. I bought the 20lb bag and didn't realize how much food it is! I only have two rats so it will last a very long time. The bag is zip-locked which is super nice so it doesn't get stale or bugs in it.
The best you will find for rats
I bought this along with Science Selective rat food and mix them together with black oil sunflower seeds and Basic 4 GM cereal. Oxbow doesn’t smell great but the babies love it.
They love it
They love this rat food. Its a good size it lasts 2 months for 7 rats but thats also with vegetables and such
Mice Love It
Bought this as the main source of food for my three mice. I'm unsure about rats, but this has the correct nutritional value for mice. They took to it immediately. Plus, it's cute seeing them grab a pellet in their mouth and carry it away!
Great food for picky rats!
All my rats have always been picky about the more 'healthy' pellets and food for them but ever since I changed to this they've loved it!