Oxbow Orchard Grass Hay Small Animal Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Orchard Grass is a green, fruity-smelling grass hay which many small animals enjoy. To the untrained eye, it looks identical to timothy grass, but the seed heads have a different shape.
- Orchard Grass is a perennial cool season grass with flat leaf blades. The leaves vary in color from green to bluish-green depending on the maturity of the plant.
- Orchard Grass is recommended by veterinarians for small herbivores due to the nutritional content. Orchard Grass can be mixed with other grass hays when feeding your pet. This is encouraged because animals seem to like the variety. Mixing your grasses will encourage them to eat more hay, which is beneficial to the health of the animal.
- Hay is absolutely vital to the health of small herbivores. Orchard Grass also provides a long-strand fiber source that is needed to improve the digestive and intestinal functions by stimulating the digestive system.
- When animals are fed free-choice hay, it promotes their natural chewing behavior, which helps prevent molar spurs and other dental problems that are so common in these small herbivores.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Oxbow Essentials Chinchilla Food All Natural Chinchilla Food, 10-lb bag$20.91Chewy Price$23.99List Price$19.86Autoship Price
- Oxbow Animal Health Western Timothy Hay All Natural Hay for Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Chinchillas, Hamsters & Gerbils, 40-oz.$10.62Chewy Price$12.49List Price$10.09Autoship Price
- Oxbow Alfalfa Hay Small Animal Food, 15-oz bag$4.79Chewy Price$5.99List Price$4.55Autoship Price
- Oxbow Essentials Young Rabbit Food All Natural Rabbit Pellets, 5-lb bag$9.77Chewy Price$11.49List Price$9.28Autoship Price
- Oxbow Essentials Adult Guinea Pig Food All Natural Adult Guinea Pig Pellets, 10-lb bag$15.94Chewy Price$23.49List Price$15.14Autoship Price
- Kaytee Timothy Complete Guinea Pig Food, 5-lb bag$11.54Chewy Price$12.99List Price$10.96Autoship Price
- Oxbow Essentials Hamster Food & Gerbil Food All Natural Hamster & Gerbil Food, 1-lb bag$5.52Chewy Price$6.49List Price$5.24Autoship Price
- Oxbow Animal Health Harvest Hay Stacks Western Timothy Hay All Natural Hay for Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Chinchillas, Hamsters & Gerbils, 35-oz.$10.39Chewy Price$12.99List Price$9.87Autoship Price
- Living World Timothy Hay Chews Small Animal Food, 16-oz bag$6.39Chewy Price$6.99List Price$6.07Autoship Price
- Grandpa's Best Timothy Hay Small Pet Food, 5-lb mini bale, 2 count$31.71Chewy Price$32.61List Price$30.12Autoship Price
- Rabbit Hole Hay Ultra Premium, Hand Packed Alfalfa Hay Small Pet Food, 40-lb box$99.45Chewy Price$110.47List Price$94.48Autoship Price
- Oxbow Animal Health Harvest Hay Stacks Western Timothy Hay with Chamomile All Natural Hay for Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Chinchillas, Hamsters & Gerbils, 35-oz.$12.99Chewy Price$13.99List Price$12.34Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||100% Orchard Grass Preservative and Additive Free. Loose Hay Contains Stems, Leaves, and Limited Seed Heads....||Timothy Grass, Orchard Grass.||100% Timothy Hay. Preservative and Additive Free. Loose Hay Contains Stems, Leaves, and Limited Seed Heads....||100% Organic Meadow Hay.||Sun-Cured Orchardgrass Hay.|
|Small Pet Type||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu|
|Health Feature||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health|
|Special Diet||Low-Protein, High Fiber||High Fiber||Low-Protein, High Fiber||Organic, High Fiber||High Fiber|
|Hay Type||Orchard Grass||Timothy, Orchard Grass||Timothy||Meadow||Orchard Grass|
Questions & Answers
16 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
398 Customer Reviews
Great for picky piggies
My piggies are super spoiled and while they should be exclusively eating Timothy hay, if the hay is even a bit too tough or dry, they’ll refuse it for days on end, forcing me to frantically buy something new. This Orchard hay is soft and sweet and while I hope they won’t get too fond of it (I notice them getting a tad pudgier on it) it’s been a lifesaver when we get a “bad” batch of Timothy.
All My Guinea Pigs Love It
This is my base hay for my piggies, I've used it for 2 or 3 years now. They have a treat hay I put on top (some like alfalfa, some like botanical & others like oat), but this is always the bulk of my hay. I don't use the straw like stuff cause this is much less likely to cause hay pokes.
My Guinea pig is not a fan
I gave it a 1 star because my guinea pig refuses to eat it, not sure why but he was upset for like 2 days until I could get him a substitute. He rather eat his least favorite Timothy hay then this one.( Had to get this one because they were out of his favorite) Am I the only one with a picky piggy? I guess my local shelter will be getting this bag.
Rabbit is not a fan
I bought this because im allergic to.timothy hay and thought it would be a good replacement for my rabbit but instead it was very stringy, hard to get out of the bag and rabbit did not touch it at all
Oxbow Orchard Grass
This is great green hay that my piggies love. Last couple of orders had I/4 of the hay of very small pieces and lots of dust.
Bunny hates it
My bun won’t eat this and it makes me very nervous as a new bun mom that he’s not eating enough hay and I bought so much of it. It’s brown and just so dry. I’m going to have to buy some other varieties to try.
NO SMELL, BUNNIES LIKE IT!
For those of us who have allergies to Timothy Hay, Alfalfa and the like, this Orchard Grass in the large box is the way to go. I use it in a constant forage/litter box combination with a layer of absorbent litter box fill underneath. My bunnies took to it right away and seem to like the no-dried-leaf-dust feature of Orchard Grass. Because the Orchard Grass has slightly less nutrition when compared to Timothy Hay, I now feed Vitamin Yogurt Drop treats daily. OXBOW hays and grasses are the best and cleanest I have ever used. Even their Timothy Hay had the least amount of dried-leaf-dust of any product I've used. The Orchard Grass is very clean and seems to be excellent nest material. At least that's what our doe seems to think! (<-:) Delivery was free, very quick, and right to our door.
Fresh and Crunchy!
BOTH my guineas and my little Russian dwarf hamster Loooove this grass. It arrives sealed and fresh. They have all enjoyed it.
I ordered in June 2022 and the hay was fresh and really clean. Almost like they plucked out all the hard hay and foxtails out. It was super awesome. I'll definitely be getting it again.
Not the same quality
The quality is not the same as before, I went back this brand because I prefer their packaging versus another brand that I like but the quality is not as good as the other brand and my Guinea pigs didn’t like it as much either. It’s unfortunate because this is supposed to be a good brand that Vets recommended and it’s less expensive that the other one but if my pets do t like it there is no point .