Oxbow Western Timothy Hay Small Animal Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Veterinarian recommended to provide nutrition and environmental enrichment.
- This tasty treat is high in fiber to promote healthy digestion.
- Made with the finest Timothy Hay available.
- 100% all natural.
- As good for the environment as it is for your pet.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Oxbow Animal Health Harvest Hay Stacks Western Timothy Hay with Carrots All Natural Hay for Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Chinchillas, Hamsters & Gerbils, 35-oz.$12.10Chewy Price$13.99List Price$11.49Autoship Price
- Mazuri Timothy-Based Rabbit Food, 5-lb bag$14.34Chewy Price$15.99List Price$13.62Autoship Price
- Oxbow Essentials Young Rabbit Food All Natural Rabbit Pellets, 25-lb bag$29.74Chewy Price$34.99List Price$28.25Autoship Price
- Oxbow Botanical Hay Small Animal Food, 15-oz bag$4.79Chewy Price$5.99List Price$4.55Autoship Price
- Oxbow Essentials Mouse & Young Rat Food All Natural Mouse & Young Rat Food, 2.5lb.$9.34Chewy Price$10.99List Price$8.87Autoship Price
- Kaytee Timothy Complete Guinea Pig Food, 5-lb bag$10.99Chewy Price$12.99List Price$10.44Autoship Price
- Kaytee Timothy Hay Plus Mint Small Animal Food, 24-oz bag$5.92Chewy Price$8.99List Price$5.62Autoship Price
- Marshall Premium Ferret Food, 22-oz bag$9.21Chewy Price$10.99List Price$8.75Autoship Price
- Brown's Tropical Carnival Natural Fortified Daily Diet Chinchilla Food, 3-lb bag$13.99Chewy Price$19.39List Price$13.29Autoship Price
- Oxbow Orchard Grass Hay Small Animal Food, 9-lb bag$23.79Chewy Price$27.99List Price$22.60Autoship Price
- Kaytee Timothy Hay Wafer-Cut Small Animal Food, 60-oz bag$12.99Chewy Price$15.99List Price$12.34Autoship Price
- Kaytee Forti-Diet Pro Health Juvenile Rabbit Food, 5-lb bag$9.99Chewy Price$9.49Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||100% Timothy Hay. Preservative and Additive Free. Loose Hay Contains Stems, Leaves, and Limited Seed Heads....||100% Oat Hay. Preservative and Additive Free. Loose Hay Contains Stems, Leaves, and Limited Seed Heads....||Sun-cured, western timothy hay.||Timothy Grass Hay, Chamomile, Lavender, Lemon Balm, Clover.||Timothy Hay.|
|Small Pet Type||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Chinchilla, Guinea Pig, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Degu, Chinchilla, Guinea Pig, Rabbit|
|Health Feature||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health|
|Special Diet||Low-Protein, High Fiber||Low-Protein, High Fiber||High Fiber||High Fiber, Organic||High Fiber|
Questions & Answers
24 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1031 Customer Reviews
Avoid bulk purchase 25lbs
I tend to buy the 90oz version of this product. Decided to try buying it in a larger quantity because we have the space and it's cheaper. The bulk options should be a completely separate product. No where on the site does it say anything to which was included with the product. Included an image of the note: part of paragraph 3: for sizes larger than 9lbs "because the larger sizes are packaged by the bale or flake, we are unable to view and hand-sort all interior portions. All hay is a product of nature, so there will always be some variability of quality in a particular bale or flake. As you remove daily feeding portions, you may encounter some interior hay that you choose to discard. This can be expected when purchasing hay in larger quantities." I'll argue that it's not expected, as it wasn't notated up front anywhere. I don't even know if that's the issue. My rabbits don't like the hay, they refuse to eat it. Thankfully I still had some of the other stuff, enough to order options under 9.1lbs. I don't believe I can return it. I just assumed it was hay that they'd eat and tossed the box, the hay is in an air sealed (large) container. I either spent close to $50 for a bunch of hay they either wont eat or have yet to like yet. I'm not sure what they mean about selecting to discard, it's all green, just thicker than the 90oz stuff.
Chester is so happy!
My whole entire world, Chester, the guinea pig, LOVES his Oxbow hay! I opened up his playpen and he came bolting over and leaped into the fresh pile of hay I had laying out for him. He turns into a puppy when he gets new fresh hay - jumping everywhere, running in circles and giving endless of kisses in appreciation. Thank you Oxbow & Chewy! Chester is in love with you guys!
Best value hay
I used to get a bargain brand of hay bales from tractor supply company -- but the dust, the messiness, and the sheer quality control was just not up to par. THIS hay however has always been good to me. There is barely any waste and my guinea pigs LOVE it. They even eat MORE hay than they normally did with the bargain brand. 50ilbs of hay lasts me a LONG time so I feel like I am actually getting my moneys worth -- I can also use 99% of it instead of throwing like 20% away like I did before with the bargain brand due to dustiness.
not as good quality.
I don't understand why this seems to be a lesser quality than what I purchase at the pet store. It seems to be old and really dried out and much more sticks in it. I love the ease of delivery, however, my piggies will not even eat it !! The same goes for the orchard hay !! Back to the pet store for me!!
Great, my chinchilas loved it
My Chinchillas loved did, well, not sure if they love it because they don't speak, but they eat it perfectly fine. and the grass looks pretty too, nothing else than grass is in the box, every time I open the box chinchillas come run towards me, defiantly worth the price, and is not expensive too.
Mostly dead hay
Most of this hay is dead, I have ordered a few boxes and EVERY box is brown and dead and my guinea pigs and bunnies won't eat it. Oxbow hay has really gone down hill, I am looking for alternatives now because I might as well take my $70 and throw it away, makes me really sad that I can't feed my animals quality hay anymore
Dusty hay bag full of small pieces
Oxbow is letting me down. Before, I used to discard about 20% of a bag of the hay due to dust and undesirable hay. Now, I have been getting a lot of dust and so many small pieces of hay that I end up having to discard mostly of the product. I am luck if I can use more than 30% of a bag or box of the hay. This product is unsuitable for rabbits that need long strands of Timothy hay to keep their teeth in check. Total waist of money and time, I am sick of having to sort hay all the time. I am very disappointed with Oxbow as I am unable to yield the amount of hay that I've paid for.
Horrible and dry hay now
I’ve been buying this brand of hay for a few years now. It’s always been great! Until these 2 boxes I ordered 2 weeks ago. Both 9lb boxes are dry and dusty. My chinchillas, rabbit an Guinea pig refuse to eat it now. $50 gone down the drain.
This is my favorite brand for hay,but this time from 10 they went down to a 0.I received a 9 lb box full of Short hard straws and a lot of dust, my bunny did not want to eat it. I would like to give it 0 stars but only because it is the first time it happens I will give it 2 and half. Bye bye thirty something dollars.
I’ve always fed my guinea pigs timothy hay, but have been struggling to find a good quality one that my girls won’t throw on the floor and waste. When I opened the bag, it had a very pleasant smell, and the hay had a healthy green color to it! It is a mix of finer and more coarse pieces, which my girls like because they will not touch all course hay. As soon as I tried to put a handful of this hay in the hay rack, my girls were jumping on this hay and were so excited—they actually chose this over veggies to eat first!! They hardly waste any of it, and this has been the first type of hay they actually have completely eaten all of! I’ve never seen them empty the hay rack before!