Oxbow Western Timothy Hay Small Animal Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Veterinarian recommended to provide nutrition and environmental enrichment.
- This tasty treat is high in fiber to promote healthy digestion.
- Made with the finest Timothy Hay available.
- 100% all natural.
- As good for the environment as it is for your pet.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Oxbow Animal Health Oxbow Hay Blends Western Timothy & Orchard, 90-oz.$22.09Chewy Price$25.99List Price$20.99Autoship Price
- Oxbow Essentials Adult Rabbit Food All Natural Adult Rabbit Pellets, 25-lb bag$33.57Chewy Price$39.49List Price$31.89Autoship Price
- DealOxbow Garden Select Adult Rabbit Food, 4-lb bag$12.32Chewy Price$14.49List Price$11.70Autoship Price
- Higgins Sunburst Gourmet Blend Gerbil & Hamster Food, 2.5-lb bag$8.29Chewy Price$10.49List Price$7.88Autoship Price
- DealOxbow Garden Select Adult Guinea Pig Food, 4-lb bag$12.39Chewy Price$14.49List Price$11.77Autoship Price
- Hall's Hay Timothy Hay 1st Cut Mini-Bale Small Pet Food, 5-lb box$16.39Chewy Price$15.57Autoship Price
- Higgins Sunburst Gourmet Blend Rabbit Food, 3-lb bag$10.99Chewy Price$10.44Autoship Price
- Oxbow Orchard Grass Hay Small Animal Food, 40-oz bag$10.62Chewy Price$13.49List Price$10.09Autoship Price
- Mazuri Mouse & Rat Food, 25-lb bag$24.99Chewy Price$28.99List Price$23.74Autoship Price
- Rabbit Hole Hay Ultra Premium, Hand Packed Alfalfa Hay Small Pet Food, 1.5-lb bag$22.97Chewy Price$21.82Autoship Price
- Grandpa's Best Orchard Grass Hay Small Pet Food, 40-oz mini bale$10.49Chewy Price$9.97Autoship Price
- Grandpa's Best Timothy Hay Small Pet Food, 5-lb mini bale, 2 count$32.61Chewy Price$30.98Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||100% Timothy Hay. Preservative and Additive Free. Loose Hay Contains Stems, Leaves, and Limited Seed Heads....||100% Alfalfa Hay. Preservative and Additive Free. Loose Hay Contains Stems, Leaves, and Limited Seed Heads....||100% Orchard Grass Preservative and Additive Free. Loose Hay Contains Stems, Leaves, and Limited Seed Heads....||Timothy Hay.||Sun Cured Timothy Grass Hay.|
|Small Pet Type||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Hamster, Gerbil||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu|
|Health Feature||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||—||—|
|Special Diet||Low-Protein, High Fiber||High Fiber, High-Protein||Low-Protein, High Fiber||—||High Fiber|
|Hay Type||Timothy||Alfalfa||Orchard Grass||Timothy||Timothy|
Questions & Answers
24 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1081 Customer Reviews
Lost a long time customer
We’ve been a long time customer of the 9 lbs boxes for our bunnies. Don’t expect consistent clippings, but the quality WAS always there. Unfortunately the past 6-9 months have been trending downwards. In those 6-9 months, 30-36 (9lbs) boxes, the dust is unbearable, both bunnies have been sneezing like crazy, I’ve been throwing away about 1lbs out of each 9lbs box due to it being unusable. The longest trimmings have been no bigger than 4-5 inches. I don’t know if they switched sources or changed their packaging process but we will not be going back. Thankfully chewy offers multiple options for Timothy Hay.
Just hay dust and yellow rattle
I usually buy the large box of hay from Oxbow but recently it had been coming in browner and browner so I opted for this smaller size instead. To say the least I will be purchasing my hay else where from now on. 80% of the box of hay was dust and small pieces shorter than an inch as well as pieces of yellow rattle which I have yet to find any information on their toxicity. My rabbit deals with constant heath issues due to a dental condition and is currently suffering from pneumonia. In no way can he be exposed to excess sources of dust or health complications , I tried to shift through it for the first week but this ridiculous. I would not recommend this hay unless your rabbit is found of dust and aspirating.
The top line suggesting most reviews were a 5 star are ludicrous! Most reviews were not favorable- please scroll down and read ALL of them before purchasing. Animals don’t lie and their human owners tell it like it is. I have also had similar experiences with this product but am waiting to write a positive review for a product that BunnyBond 00 Rabbit likes. He is 7.2 lbs and almost 4 years old so we must be doing something right, lol. As hay is at least 70% of his diet, it has to be a variety and switched up so he doesn’t get bored. Like a Koala and bamboo. May not be the best source of vitamins, but is what their ancestors have survived on for centuries. Appreciate Chewy posting ALL reviews (positive and negative) and the human parents posting the photos and paraphrasing for their animals that don’t speak our language (rabbits don’t speak audibly on a regular basis unless they are frightened or hurt). Just be honest with the ratings up front and on top to save us endless reading searching for the truth…
The mix keeps changing
When I purchased this last month most of the Timothy Hay was first cutting, very crunchy with lots of fluffy ends that my buns loved! The fiber also really helped their GI issues. This month it appears to be mostly 2nd and 3rd cutting Timothy and doesn't contain the fiber that they need so their GI habits have changed for the worse and I'm stuck with the entire box. I will need to go back to Small Pet Select and just buy Timothy 1st or 2nd cutting to guarantee consistency in their diet.
Oxbow is the best!
Without a doubt, Oxbow brand products are the best quality for your tiny furry pets. The hay is always fresh, my bun loves it, and their toys, treats, and pellets are always top notch. I'm a veterinarian, and it's true, I do always recommend Oxbow. And no, I'm not getting paid to say that, but if Oxbow wanted to sponsor me, I wouldn't mind :)
I have fed Oxbow hay to my bunnies since they were babies. I just ordered a 40 oz bag of the Timothy hay since I couldn’t get to the store, and it was gross. Like others have said, it looks and feels like old lawn clippings instead of actual hay. It’s short, soft, brownish grass that almost feels damp. It wont even stay in their hay rack. My rabbits both refuse to eat it, so I wasted money that I honestly can’t afford to waste. Very disappointed.
I will not buy again!!
My last order of this hay is terrible. My piggies want nothing to do with it and I don't blame them. The hay that this company sells is so inconsistent that I am done! $50 for hay that has been thrown into the woods. I will find another company!
Please please do not buy this hay. It came completely dead, brown, and feeling like the fake grass you put in Easter baskets. My rabbit who will usually eat anything refuses to eat this. I will be canceling my subscription because I cannot believe they would sell food that awful.
dried backyard grass cuttings
I have ordered the bulk hay boxes from oxbow before. I have never received a box like this one. The hay quality is very poor. It is like I boxed up grass that my lawn mower spit out. All of the pieces are tiny, thin, and yellow. My rabbit is not usually picky but she will not eat this hay. It is a total waste of my money and I am very unsatisfied.
not a problem at all!
I have Literally have used this brand of hay my whole rabbits life I got her when she was one and now she is seven now. I have never had a problem with it or her and she eat it up not a problem