Oxbow Western Timothy & Orchard Hay Small Animal Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Convenient and enriching blend of Western Timothy and Orchard Grass.
- Provides the perfect combination of tastes and textures for your rabbit, guinea pig or chinchilla.
- Supplies essential fiber to support digestive and dental health to your furry friend.
- Hand-sorted and hand-blended with care from ingredients harvested from Oxbow’s family farm.
- Doesn’t include any artificial colors, flavors or preservatives—just wholesome ingredients you can trust.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Oxbow Orchard Grass Hay Small Animal Food, 40-oz bag$10.62Chewy Price$12.49List Price$10.09Autoship Price
- Oxbow Garden Select Adult Guinea Pig Food, 4-lb bag$11.47Chewy Price$13.49List Price$10.90Autoship Price
- Oxbow Animal Health Western Timothy Hay All Natural Hay for Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Chinchillas, Hamsters & Gerbils, 90-oz.$19.79Chewy Price$22.99List Price$18.80Autoship Price
- Oxbow Essentials Adult Guinea Pig Food All Natural Adult Guinea Pig Pellets, 25-lb bag$35.98Chewy Price$39.99List Price$34.18Autoship Price
- Hall's Hay Timothy Hay 1st Cut Mini-Bale Small Pet Food, 5-lb box$16.39Chewy Price$15.57Autoship Price
- Science Selective Adult Rabbit Food, 8.8-lb bag$10.99Chewy Price$26.99List Price$10.44Autoship Price
- Kaytee Natural Timothy Hay Small Animal Food, 96-oz bag, bundle of 3$58.17Chewy Price$59.97List Price$55.26Autoship Price
- dealHiggins Sunburst Gourmet Blend Gerbil & Hamster Food, 2.5-lb bag$7.99Chewy Price$10.49List Price$7.59Autoship Price
- Rabbit Hole Hay Ultra Premium, Hand Packed Alfalfa Hay Small Pet Food, 40-lb box$93.23Chewy Price$110.47List Price$88.57Autoship Price
- Vitakraft Orchard Grass Hay Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla & Small Animal Food, 28-oz bag$9.99Chewy Price$9.49Autoship Price
- Grandpa's Best Orchard Grass Loose Boxed Hay Small Pet Food, 20-lb box$48.13Chewy Price$50.00List Price
- Grandpa's Best Prairie Hay 100% Certified Organic Small Pet Food, 5-lb mini bale$17.99Chewy Price$17.09Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Timothy Grass, Orchard Grass.||100% Timothy Hay. Preservative and Additive Free. Loose Hay Contains Stems, Leaves, and Limited Seed Heads....||100% Orchard Grass Preservative and Additive Free. Loose Hay Contains Stems, Leaves, and Limited Seed Heads....||Timothy Hay.||Timothy Grass Hay, Dried Carrots.|
|Small Pet Type||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu||Degu, Chinchilla, Guinea Pig, Rabbit||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla, Degu|
|Health Feature||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health||Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health|
|Special Diet||High Fiber||Low-Protein, High Fiber||Low-Protein, High Fiber||High Fiber||High Fiber|
|Hay Type||Timothy, Orchard Grass||Timothy||Orchard Grass||Timothy||Timothy|
|Food Form||Hay||Hay||Hay||Hay||Hay, Dried Veggies|
Questions & Answers
9 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
278 Customer Reviews
Used to be the best—now horrible quality
This was my go-to hay for my three Holland lops; it was always fresh, green and sweet-smelling. Although it’s cheaper to buy in bulk, I’ve had three bags of this hay as an autoship order for a while now as it’s the only hay my rabbits will eat without wasting too much. Just received my latest shipment today and was really surprised by the poor quality when I opened the first bag! Hay looked dull and smelled a little musty. I thought it was just a fluke so I opened up the remaining two bags only to find the same thing. Extremely disappointed as I now have to go to the local pet store to get new hay since my rabbits won’t touch this stuff.
Oxbow has gone downhill
I've always bought Oxbow products because of the superior quality of hay, but the last few times I've bought it, it's been pretty disappointing. This most recent batch was the worst. There were giant clumps of hay stuck together that was very brittle and lots of brown. I probably will not be buying Oxbow hay anymore.
Was great, now sucks
We've been buying this blend for at least a year now and have always been pleased. Oxbow recently changed both the packaging and the formulation - this is the second bag we've gotten like this. First, it is so full of massive, hard straw-like pieces, it's not a good blend anymore - our rabbit picks through it and avoids the huge hard pieces, so it's a waste. Second, they pack the bag so tight it's almost impossible to get hay out of the bag, and when you do it goes flying everywhere. Massive fail - not sure what the cause is but I won't be getting it again.
this is nice hay
I've been having troubles with the hay I usually ordered for my piggies, so I tried this one. The hay looks good, very few brown pieces. Pigs like it, but not as much as they like all timothy hay.
Consistent quality hay
My guinea pig always enjoys this blend of hay! I like to get the blend because sometimes the bag of timothy hay only seems less enticing to him
Packaging is the worse
These bags are packed so tightly that it's hard to get hay out and it ends up everywhere. Hay slivers are just as bad as wood. Which is what you get when trying to pull handfuls out of the bag. My guinea pigs prefer the Kaytee brand over this. The girls will eat it the boys refuse to.
Horrible Bag of hay
We had to throw away most of the bag of hay due to being all dried out. There was huge, hard pieces. One of the piggies poked it’s eye on the hay trying to eat it. None of the furry caged pets (rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas) would eat it. We have bought hay from Oxbow before that was good quality, so not sure if this was a combination of poor storage by Chewy or a fluke bad bag from Oxbow. Regardless, we were very unhappy with it.
Lower quality and stranger smell
I've been purchasing hay from Chewy for a while now, but the last few bags were bad batches. It smelled heavy like dirty and had brown shredded pieces almost like hair. Makes me worry a mouse got trapped in the processing machine.
Bag holds a lot
Got for my Guinea pigs and they love it. They’re just tearing through the bag. The hay is packed tight, so there is a lot more In The bag than it looks. Since it’s packed tight, it hard to pry out of the bag. I got a plastic bin with a lid and just got rid of the bag.
Recently bought this hay for my guinea pigs to try and when I open the package it was a large amount of tiny pieces and a decent amount of dust and Brown hay was in the package as well. Oxbow hasn't been as good as it used to be might have to try a new type of hay the way it's looking.