PAIKKA Slow Feed Ceramic Dog & Cat Bowl
About This Item
- The raised shape in the middle of this bowl helps slow down your dog’s eating.
- Helps prevent food gulping, indigestion, and bloating.
- Naturally keeps your pal’s food cool and fresh after the bowl is soaked in water for 45 seconds.
- Helps reduce bacterial growth in the bowl and promotes healthier teeth and gums.
- Made from 100% ceramic earthenware.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- IRIS Slow Feeding Dog & Cat Bowl, Long Snouted, White/Grey, 4 cups$14.69Chewy Price$22.99List Price
- DealFrisco Non-Skid Slow Feeder Dog & Small Pet Bowl, White$7.38Chewy Price$10.47List Price
- Omega Paw Dog Hog Slow Dog Feeder, Silver, Large$10.93Chewy Price$14.99List Price
- Outward Hound Fun Feeder Drop Dog Bowl, Grey, 4 cup$21.99Chewy Price
- Iconic Pet Non-Skid Stainless Steel Slow Feeder Dog & Cat Bowl, 3-cup$17.99Chewy Price$20.49List Price
- DealFrisco Silicone Slow Feeder Mat with Stainless Steel Bowl, Teal, 1.75 Cups$7.21Chewy Price$11.38List Price
- Outward Hound Fun Feeder Slow Feeder Dog Bowl, Blue, 2-cup$18.96Chewy Price
- OurPets Durapet Premium Stainless Steel Slow-Feed Dog Bowl, Large, 8 cups$19.95Chewy Price$26.43List Price
- Mr. Peanut's Slow-Feed Stainless Steel Dog Bowl, 64-oz$16.99Chewy Price$24.99List Price
- Pet Dream House PAW Non-Skid Plastic Slow Feeder Dog Bowl, Green$14.00Chewy Price$14.99List Price
- PAIKKA Cooling Ceramic Dog & Cat Bowl, Concrete, 7.6-cup$50.00Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Bowl & Storage Feature||Dishwasher-Safe, BPA-Free, Tip-Resistant...||Portion Control, Dishwasher-Safe||BPA-Free, Lead-Free, Portion Control||Non-Skid, BPA-Free, Lead-Free, Portion Control||Non-Skid, Dishwasher-Safe, BPA-Free...|
|Material||Ceramic||Ceramic||Plastic||Stainless Steel, Metal||Plastic|
|Breed Size||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Giant Breeds|
|Capacity (Max)||3.13-cup; 25-oz||4-cup||1-cup||5-cup||6-cup|
|Tools Included||—||—||—||—||No Tools Required|
Questions & Answers
10 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
19 Customer Reviews
This item is not durable
It may work for dry food but my dogs get raw food but I use wet raw dog food that needs to be stirred and the glaze chipped off after a couple uses. So I’m guessing it’s not made the way human dish ware would be made..
This feeding bowel chipped with minimal use. I have ceramic bowels for my dogs that stood up to years of use. This chipped in week one with no apparent reason. I was disappointed.
I had a slow feeder silicone mat for my young cat who inhales his food, but he tore it up and ingested some of the silicone, so I had to switch to a ceramic bowl and this one works great! I do wish there were a few more obstacles though.
I’ve always used Farmina for my dogs, been using the puppy food for my staffy and this latest bag I ordered the kibble looks completely different! It’s looks lighter and smaller.. and it didn’t sit well in my poor puppies stomach :( which has never done before! Nothing has changed in her diet or lifestyle besides this new kibble formula? I’m so disappointed because she’s been on Farmina since she transitioned off of formula.
won’t buy anything else!
This food is amazing! I wouldn’t buy my cats anything else. All food no fillers, made so it doesn’t lose its nutrients, helps with utis and diabetes, and protein that keep my cats fueled throughout the day which makes them eat less than previous brands. Plus it’s made in Italy and they have more stipulations on their pet food than the usda has on our human food, so my cats eat better than I do.
I have a 4 month old Boxer/Malinois who loves his food. I also have a 5 year old Boxer who likes to take her time eating. I ordered this bowl to slow the pup down so they would finish about the same time. 'Pros' - the bowl has good weight and a non-slip exterior coating. The raised surface in the middle does slow eating, still allowing for everything to be taken. The ceramic material allows for easy cleaning. 'Cons' - the bowl is much smaller than expected. Exterior diameter is 6" and the interior is 2 1/2" deep. I took a picture with a standard sheet of paper for comparison. The bowl will hold 3 cups of dry kibble if it is a small kibble. Rather than send it back, I use it along with the regular feeding dish and it works well. I would recommend it, as long as you are aware of the size.
Outside of bowl chips
Works very well to slow down dogs eating. However, the bowl has two chips on the outside and has never been dropped.
SO MUCH BETTER THAN PLASTIC
It took about 8 days to receive these bowls, but so worth the wait. As most know, plastic harbours bacteria, even though I was using stainless steel bowls, my gobbler dogs were having to use plastic slow feeder inserts. After 2 feedings a day for a few years, the plastic was starting to feel really gross. That's when you realize " this can't be good for my furbaby with plastic leeching into their food" So I started looking for either stainless slowfeeder or ceramic bowls. And I found these. Now I'm just hoping my clumsy self doesn't drop them when my gobblers are jumping on me to get to the food.
Might not be the best
I bought this bowl because the other elevated bowl we had broke. I used that as a chance to get a slow feeder bowl since my cat eats her food super fast. She’s doesn’t throw up a lot but it happens every once in awhile so I wanted to slow her down. This bowl looks really cool and muted and my cat definitely spends longer trying to eat but she also is sticking her paws in the bowl to get out the food. It’s slowing her down but making a huge mess. Also she doesn’t even end up getting all the food out. I’ll give it time to see if she gets better at eating out of it but right now it seems like the bowl is too deep.
Pricey but worth it
I hesitated about spending this much on a bowl, but my dog had a reaction to the plastic that other slow feed bowls are made of, and I hadn’t seen a stainless one that I thought would work. I’ll break down my review as follows: PROS: -Really cute design -Raised portion inside is enough to slow my pup down when eating -Outside of bowl has a matte grip finish that makes it easy to hold even if your pup slimes the outside with slobber -Holds a good amount of food CONS: -It is on the more expensive end -It’s breakable because it’s ceramic