Fits 9 treats (should be smaller than 15x15x15 mm). Treat tray can be removed for easy cleaning.
When I plug in my new Pawbo⁺, I do not see the red power indicator. Please verify that the power cord is properly plugged in on both ends, and that the power outlet is providing electricity.
After Pawbo⁺ is plugged in, I see a red LED light and hear “ready for setup”, after which the red LED light starts to blink. Is this normal? Pawbo⁺ is not connected to your home wireless network when it is brand new or has been reset. A blinking red light indicates that it is ready for wireless network setup. Please follow the Pawbo Life App instructions to complete setup.
I followed the SmartLink method for setting up Pawbo⁺ on my home wireless network, but connection keeps failing. Please troubleshoot by following the steps listed below:
- Make sure that your mobile device is connected to your home wireless network.
- Make sure that Pawbo⁺ and wireless AP are near one another (distance affects the strength of wireless transmission).
- Your wireless AP name (SSID) cannot contain characters other than alphabets, numbers, _(underscore)*
- For better security, set your wireless AP password encryption to WPA2(AES).
- Please use WPA2(AES) or WPA-Mixed AES for password encryption. Oftentimes, SmartLink fails due to incompatible encryption settings.
- Pawbo⁺ supports 2.4G wireless network, if your wireless AP has both 2.4G and 5G channels, make sure your mobile device is connected to the 2.4G channel before Pawbo⁺ installation.
- Please set your wireless AP mode to 802.11 b/g/n(or Auto). To ensure a stable connection, make sure that during the installation process, you maintain no more than one meter between your mobile device and Pawbo⁺.
During installation, I am receiving error messages for the new password I have chosen. To ensure privacy, passwords must be 6-16 characters, and include both alphabets and numbers(password is case sensitive, symbols cannot be used).
My Pawbo⁺ is installed at home, how can family members living overseas access it? In your Pawbo Life App settings, select “QR code”, then store the QR code to your mobile device. You can share the access of your Pawbo⁺ with your family members by sending them the QR code along with your Pawbo⁺ password. After receipt of the QR Code, ask them to open the Pawbo⁺ App. On the first page of setup, tap “No” -> “QR Code” -> “Load” to locate QR code. After inputting the correct Pawbo⁺ password, they will have access to your Pawbo⁺.
My phone and Pawbo⁺ are connected to the same wireless network, but the video stream does not run smoothly. Please follow the steps below:
- Is your Pawbo⁺ and wireless AP too far away from one other, located in different rooms or on different floors? If so, please move your Pawbo⁺ closer to your wireless AP to see if there is improvement. (Wireless network transmission reduces in strength with distance).
- If Pawbo⁺ is connected to a wireless network that is being used by many people simultaneously, this may affect the speed and quality of live video streaming. It is recommended to connect your Pawbo⁺ to its own wireless router/network.
I attempted to connect to my Pawbo⁺ at home, but the video streaming is not running smoothly. Live video streaming continuously transmits data from point to point. The following reasons may be the cause of the problem:
- Your home wireless network might have encountered momentary interference or someone at home is transmitting large amounts of data, thus interrupting the live video streaming.
- If your phone is connected to a public wireless network at a coffee shop or airport or other public locations, there may be too many people on the public wireless network or perhaps the public wireless AP has a limit on traffic for each user, thus affecting the speed of the live video streaming.
- If your mobile phone is connected to your Pawbo⁺ via 3G / 4G connection, you may have entered an area with poor signal, thus affecting the speed of the live video streaming.
- Pawbo⁺ itself has no built-in night vision function, so when there is insufficient lighting, the video will not stream smoothly, or you may not even be able to connect to Pawbo⁺. This is a normal phenomenon. Therefore, we strongly recommend to ensuring that your Pawbo⁺ is placed in a properly lit environment or use the Pawbo⁺ light sensor expansion to compensate for insufficient lighting.
I can view live video streaming on my Pawbo⁺ with no problems. However, my video streaming is intermittent or not streaming smoothly when other people access my Pawbo⁺ at the same time. Pawbo⁺ supports eight connections simultaneously, but if one user’s connection quality is low, it may affect the connection speed for both users. We recommend changing video quality settings to “low”.
When I connect to Pawbo⁺, I feel that the video quality is not displaying at 720P HD. The video quality of the Pawbo⁺ is 720P HD. If the image is not clear, please follow the steps below:
- Make sure that the protective film in front of the camera has been removed.
- Connect your mobile device to the same wireless network as your Pawbo⁺.
- If you connect your mobile device to the same wireless network as your Pawbo⁺ and the signal is strong, this will ensure that video streaming is at high quality.
- If you have followed the steps above and achieved high quality streaming video, then there is no problem with the video function on your Pawbo⁺. When you access Pawbo⁺ remotely, video quality depends on the quality of your internet connection. Too many people using the same wireless network, wireless network restriction settings, complex wireless networks or poor signal when using 3G/4G networks are all conditions that may cause poor quality video streaming. Whenever Pawbo⁺ detects that you have poor internet connection, Pawbo⁺ will automatically lower its image compression quality to ensure the image can be transmitted. When connection improves, Pawbo⁺ will automatically adjust improve its image quality.
Can I hide the function buttons on my screen? Tap anywhere in the middle of the screen to hide function buttons on the screen, tap again and they will reappear.
When feeding treats, why is it that when I press the button two consecutive times, I do not receive a response for the second time? When Pawbo⁺ receives a feeding command, the motors are activated. To protect the life span of the motor, there is a 3 second interval in between receiving each command.
Pawbo⁺ is not responding to the feeding command. Please follow the below steps:
- Pull out the dispenser tray and reinsert to make sure the tray is properly installed.
- Check to make sure there are still treats in the food dispenser. If not, please add some.
- Please use appropriately sized treats to prevent them from getting stuck in the dispenser.
How does cloud video work? Do I need to install the Dropbox / Google Drive App first? The cloud video function does not require for you to install the Dropbox / Google Drive App. However, we do recommend that you have a Dropbox / Google Drive account setup and ready to go, so that you are prepared to record and share videos at any time.
How do I save videos to Cloud Storage? On the main screen, tap Settings > Cloud Storage > Login to either your Dropbox / Google Drive account. After you have successfully logged into your account, you will be directed back to the Pawbo Life App, which will indicate that your cloud storage account has been linked. From now on, video files will automatically sync to cloud storage.
Can the videos that have been synced to Dropbox / Google Drive be accessed from other devices? Dropbox / Google Drive is supported on PC, MAC, iOS, and Android, so you can watch or share your videos from various devices.
If I exit the app after pressing the video recording function, will the video continue to record? Exiting the app will cause video recording to stop, unless someone else is still connected to your Pawbo⁺.
What is the longest duration for a single recording? To limit file size and excessive time required to sync files, a single video will automatically stop after 15 minutes of recording and sync to your Dropbox / Google Drive account for storage.
When I connect to Pawbo⁺, video recording is initiated before I press the video recording function. Pawbo⁺ supports up to eight simultaneous connections. Please check if someone else is connected. When more than 1 person is connected to Pawbo⁺ simultaneously, if one person presses the video recording function, the recording icon will also appear on the other person’s screen. Press the video recording button again to stop, or the video will automatically stop after 15 minutes and begin to synchronize.
When I preview the video file, some parts of the clip are unclear or pause, is this normal? Pawbo⁺ is a remote accessible camera, video function is the complete real-time recording of the video and quality while you are connected to Pawbo⁺, so any instance of poor network connection will be recorded as well.
I am playing the video using Quicktime, but there is no sound. I am editing the video in iMovie, but there is no sound. To play mp4 format videos on your Mac, please install VLC Player or change the video file format to mov.
Why is video quality good on a mobile phone, but blurry / unclear when it is played at full screen on a computer? Pawbo⁺ images are saved at 1280 x 720. When viewed on the smaller screen of a mobile phone, the quality will look good, versus viewing on a computer or larger screen (especially in MAC Retina or high resolution screens). Therefore, we recommend playing videos on a smaller screen.
Are the photos taken stored to my mobile phone? Photos are stored directly to mobile phones. When two people access at the same time, they can both take pictures and simultaneously access to share or post pictures.
After I taking photos, I tried to share them by tapping the social network icon, but received no response, why is that? Your mobile device must have the social network App installed, and logged in with your account.
I have an Android phone. After successfully sharing on my social network, the app will automatically reconnect when I return to the main screen. On Android phones, when accessing another app, your phone will momentarily exit you from Pawbo Life App, which is why when you return to the Pawbo Life App, it will need to reconnect.