Penn-Plax Cascade Aquarium Canister Filter
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Suited for freshwater or saltwater tanks.
- Mechanical, chemical and biological filtration for crystal clear water.
- Easy installation with all accessories included.
- Push-button primer for fast startup.
- Quiet operation and tip-proof rubber base.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Eheim Aquarium Prefilter$13.78Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- Penn-Plax Cascade Aquarium Filt-A-Pack, Medium$8.74Chewy Price$9.99List Price
- Spaces Places Biological Pond Filter$44.96Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- Fluval Underwater Filter Poly/Carbon Cartridge, 2 count$7.39Chewy Price$11.99List Price
- Simplicity 320 DC In Sump Protein Skimmer$370.00Chewy Price$380.95List Price
- Savio Stainless Steel UVinex Pond Filter System, 18-watt$304.00Chewy Price
- Marineland Magniflow 360 Canister Filter, 360 GPH$144.49Chewy Price$278.69List Price
- Fluval C2 Aquarium Power Filter, 30-gal$29.99Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- Penn-Plax Premium Underground Aquarium Filter, 55-gal$19.53Chewy Price$28.99List Price
- Tetra Whisper Aquarium Power Filter, 30-60 gal$34.02Chewy Price$55.49List Price
- AquaClear Biomax Filter Insert, Size 20, bundle of 3$17.07Chewy Price$17.97List Price$16.22Autoship Price
- Aqueon Betta Natural Plant Betta Fish Aquarium Filter$6.40Chewy Price$11.49List Price$6.08Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater, Betta, Cichlid, Goldfish, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Betta, Bottom Feeder, Cichlid, Goldfish, Discus||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Betta, Bottom Feeder, Cichlid, Goldfish||Marine Invertebrate, Tropical Freshwater, Betta...|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater|
Questions & Answers
67 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
273 Customer Reviews
Only works some of the time it's a headache and wasn't worth buying I'm going to buy a different brand as soon as I can and will be to over joyed when I can finally break this worthless filter with a large object
Great small canister filter
I bought this filter to use as a gravel washing filter for my freshwater tank. It is extremely well made and works like a charm. I've read other reviews that complained about difficulty priming the unit but I usually fill it with tank water before starting and have not had any problem even thou I only use it to gravel wash. However the unit is so well made and reliable, I would have used it as my primary filter if I was at all unhappy with my Seachem hang on back filter. I highly recommend this filter for tanks in the 20-30 gallon size.
It works great so far.
It was easy to put together but it is tall it was almost 12 inches high plus the hoses at least the hoses can move around it almost did not work for me I built the stand many years ago for my 55gal tank and it barely worked. I had other tank filters under it.
Penn plax cascade filter
Having more than one aquarium and aquariums for many years I'm not a fan of this filter. Added media to the top 2 trays, set up correctly but does not keep aquarium clean and clear. My other tanks are perfect with no issues. Always over compensate filter size as well. Been almost a month running getting ready to change filters. Not impressed don't waste the time.
Impeccable filtering system!
Keeps the water crystal clear for months!!! Not recommend for shorter tanks though (e.g. a 30 long tank)
I have four of these canister filters running in my home and I love them! Won’t pay the ridiculous price of competitors these work amazing my oldest one has been running for two years no problems!
This is not adequate for 30 gallons. For any tank 30-60 I recommend at least the 700. 60-90 recommend 1000. You can't have too much!
No way never again
I’m having to replace this filter yet again I’ve had two in the past year and a half and now I’ve spent two days trying to pump this one to get it to start sucking the water up again it’s awful
This filter replaced the same brand and model that I had used for twenty years. I hope that this one will last as long. I wouldn’t use any other type of filter.
Decent filter Impossible to get started
Starting this filter took 2 hours of pain and water everywhere. I was preforming CPR on this filter for 15 minutes straight before it actually worked.