Pet MD SAMe Plus Dog Supplement, 60 count
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Supports healthy production of brain chemicals to promote cognitive function and help slow memory loss in older dogs.
- Contains SAMe, a natural molecule that’s essential to brain and liver health for dogs.
- Helps support a healthy liver by helping cells detoxify and repair with antioxidants and glutathione-supporting amino acids.
- Ideal for older dogs to help slow down cognitive dysfunction, memory loss, and aging-related behavioral disorders.
- Made in small batches in the USA in an FDA, USDA and FSIS regulated manufacturing facility, and enteric coated for maximum absorption.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Denestra SAMe 400mg Tablet Liver & Joint Supplement for Dogs, 60 count$54.49Chewy Price$84.99List Price
- Denestra SAMe 200mg Tablet Liver & Joint Supplement for Dogs, 60 count$22.79Chewy Price$57.99List Price
- Rx Vitamins Hepato Capsules Liver Supplement for Cats & Dogs, 90 count$31.00Chewy Price$29.45Autoship Price
- VetClassics Liver Support Chewable Tablets Dog & Cat Supplement, 60 count$37.99Chewy Price$36.09Autoship Price
- Vita Pet Life SAMeLq Bacon & Liver Flavor Dog Supplement, 120 count$34.90Chewy Price$33.15Autoship Price
- maxxidog maxxiSAMe SAM-e Supplement for Dogs, 5.3-oz$62.99Chewy Price$59.84Autoship Price
- Wanderfound Pets Milk Thistle Liver Support Salmon & Bacon Flavor Dog Supplement, 100 count$19.98Chewy Price$18.98Autoship Price
- Rx Vitamins Hepato Chicken Flavored Liquid Liver Supplement for Cats & Dogs, 4-oz bottle$23.15Chewy Price$28.00List Price$21.99Autoship Price
- Vita Pet Life Liver & Kidney Milkthistle Bacon & Liver Flavor Dog Supplement, 120 count$24.90Chewy Price$23.65Autoship Price
- Pet Wellbeing Milk Thistle Bacon Flavored Liquid Liver Supplement for Dogs & Cats, 4-oz bottle$64.95Chewy Price$61.70Autoship Price
- Nutramax Denosyl Tablets Liver Supplement for Cats & Dogs, 30 count$21.99Chewy Price$20.89Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Active Ingredients: S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine: 225 mg, N-Acetyl Cysteine: 40 mg, L-Taurine 33 mg...||Active Ingredients: S-Adenosylmethionine (SAM-E), Cynara Scolymus (Artichoke Leaf Extract: 4:1), Choline (Bitartrate)...||Artichoke, Turkey Flavoring.||Horsetail, Boldo, Lion's Tooth (Dandelion)...||Active Ingredients: (Per 1 Ml) A Proprietary Blend Containing Extracts of Certified Organic Milk Thistle Seed 1:4, Dandelion Root and Leaf 1:4., Inactive Ingredients: Vegetable Glycerin USP...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Large Breeds, Medium Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Lifestage||Adult, Senior, Puppy||Adult, Senior, Puppy||Adult||Adult||Adult, Senior, Puppy, Kitten|
|Health Feature||Liver Care, Brain Health||Brain Health, Liver Care||Liver Care, Kidney Care, Digestive Health...||Liver Care, Kidney Care, Urinary Tract Health, Circulatory Care||Liver Care|
|Food Form||Supplement||Supplement, Food Topping||Supplement||Supplement||Supplement|
|Special Diet||—||Non-GMO||Organic, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Non-GMO||Organic, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Non-GMO||—|
Questions & Answers
11 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
19 Customer Reviews
Works for us!
After having difficulty getting Denamarin I did my research. I combine the SAMe Plus with milk thistle supplements 2x daily for my big boy. The SAMe goes into a pill pocket which he just swallows whole. The other one is a treat which he has no problem chewing so the taste must be okay. He has been doing really well - active and appropriate bodily functions.
My 16 yr old Doxie has been on denamarin for years . Good old pandemic made it unavailable so after careful research I chose this one . After 4 days he got more pep … 1 week he’s loke a new dog. Got his pep back, his appetite and his bodily functions are healthy. Please get it back I need this for my fur baby!
Stinky pills for puppies
Sure hope it works, but smells terrible. My dogs need the supplement for liver health and I normally give them Denamarin, but it has been out of stock for months.
Replacement for Denamarin?
I can’t find Denamarin for my dog so my vet suggested I use a combination of milk thistle and Sam e. I’m having a difficult time getting my dog to take either of these products because the pills are so big. I’ve tried to break them down into the smallest pieces I can but he still picks them out of his food. I’ll go back to the Denamarin as soon as it’s available.
not what I expected
I ordered this RX as a replacement for a similar one and my furbaby hates it. I have to disquise it in a pill pocket and she usually finds a way to still spit it out. It may just be my dog and others won't mind the taste, but I've exhausted just about everything possible to hide this pill and get it down her. I'll go back to the one I was using before and hopefully they will have it in stock
I’m sure it’s a very good product or I would not have ordered it to begin with I would’ve given 5 stars but if it weren’t for my disappointment and loss of money. My dog really needs this and I explored other brands available however they stated caplets n my pooch is small with a collapsing Tracia n cannot swallow a long caplet This manufacturer listed it as a tablet which would be round n swallowable so I cannot use it and my dog is in desperate need of this via Vet Now I’ll have to spend more money ( that I really can’t afford) to order the powder form. I feel the company should reimburse me by giving me credit towards their powder formular. I can’t return it bc im disabled n have no means out
All SAMe pills seem to be huge. They don't fit in pill pockets, AND most are not supposed to be chewed. Those that are chewable...Denamarin in particular... are apparently unpalatable. For us, these particular ones are the best of the lot. First of all, they are coated. I have learned to wrap one in a small piece of lunchmeat, and my dog sniffs it (they have a strong smell), then usually accepts it. I'm pretty sure the pill goes down without being chewed, because my older bff has few teeth; and also he would have stopped accepting the pill-treats by now if he tasted them. I know that doesn't sound like a 5-star review, but relatively speaking, for a SAMe pill, these are the best of the bad.
Not happy with substituted priduct
This was suggested as a replacement for the Denamarin that I usually buy that was out of stock. I made the mistake of not reading that it was not a chewable, which I usually buy. The package instructions indicated that it could not be broken so the dose was too high for my dog. It smelled bad when I opened the bottle. I threw it away and ordered the Denamarin chewable from another site.
Not sure yet
This was recommended to me by my vet for my 14 year old English Springer Spaniel who has arthritis. Just started giving it to him a week or so ago and am waiting to see if there is any improvement in his walking.
SAMe for Hemi
This product is very reasonably priced. I appreciate the delivery instead of a trip to the vets. Package arrived in excellent condition.