1. LED doesn’t light up If the LED light on your Petcube Play camera is off while the camera is plugged in, try unplugging it and plugging it back in. Make sure that you are using the enclosed adapter with your Petcube and that the power cord is undamaged.
2. LED light doesn’t turn pulsing green When you plug in your Petcube before starting the registration process, it should glow solid yellow for a minute (although it may look light green). Wait up to 1 minute until it starts pulsing green. If the light remains solid yellow, contact our support team.
3. The LED is pulsing yellow and doesn’t turn white after setup This problem can occur if you have entered an incorrect password for your home Wi-Fi network during registration. To change it, open the ‘Settings’ menu in the Petcube App, scroll down to ‘Wi-Fi,’ and follow the instructions to setup the connection again. Use a pin to press and hold the button on the bottom of our device until the light turns green.
If the LED still doesn’t turn white, contact our technical support team in order to determine if your Petcube Camera needs to be updated.
4. I don’t see my home Wi-Fi network This problem can occur if you are trying to connect your Petcube to either a 5GHz frequency range network or a hidden network.
Unfortunately, Petcube doesn’t work with 5GHz networks, but since most routers support both 5GHz and 2.4GHz frequencies, you should be able to change it to 2.4GHz mode.
If you have a hidden network, on the last registration step you will be prompted to enter your network SSID and password manually.
5. MAC address filtering If your router uses MAC filtering, you need to temporarily disable it to find the MAC address of your own Petcube. This can be viewed in the list of connected devices in your router settings. Once you have its MAC address, you can safely add your Petcube as an exception and turn filtering back on.
You can also contact our support team to get help finding the MAC address of your Petcube.
6. Laser is not precise Since the initial position of the laser may be changed during transportation, the accuracy may be affected. To remedy this, we recommend using the laser calibration feature in the Petcube App. To access it, open the Petcube App on your device, go to 'Settings', select 'Calibration' and then follow the steps on the screen.
7. No Wi-Fi network shows up during setup If you have an empty list of available Wi-Fi networks in the Petcube App when you need to select your home Wi-Fi net, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if your Petcube needs to be updated.
8. Petcube is linked to another account Your Petcube Play can only be registered to one user account at a time. You cannot register it to multiple accounts, but you can share access to it with other users using various ‘Sharing’ options.
If you need to register your Petcube Play to a different account, delete the camera from the account it is currently registered to, open ‘Settings’ in the Petcube App and tap ‘Disconnect camera.’
9. I can’t connect to my Petcube Play If you cannot connect to your Petcube Camera from your smartphone, try the following:
- Make sure that the LED light on the front of your Petcube is steady white.
- If the LED light on the front of your Petcube isn’t steady white, see ‘LED light notifications’ to determine the issue.
- If your network is secured with a firewall or proxy, please make sure it isn’t blocking the Petcube.
- Unplug and plug your Petcube back in to reboot it.
Contact our support team if none of the above helps.
10. No sound comes out of my Petcube Please open the ‘Settings’ menu on your phone, then go to ‘Privacy’ and then ‘Microphone,’ and make sure you have allowed the Petcube App to use your phone’s mic.
11. Petcube goes offline / turns off This issue may appear if you’re using a less powerful A/C adapter. Please make sure to use only 5V / 2A power adapters.
If you’re using the original adapter, but the problem persists, contact our support team to determine the problem.
LED light is stuck on solid yellow color and doesn't turn blinking green When you plug in your Petcube before starting the registration process, it should glow solid yellow for a minute (although it may look light green) and should start blinking green after (unless you have a 1st generation Petcube Camera that needs to be switched to setup mode manually by pressing and holding down the start button on the back for 3 seconds). In case the light on the device doesn't start blinking and remains a solid color, follow the steps below:
- Power up your Petcube device and wait at least 2 minutes for the camera to boot. Keep in mind that the light on the camera may not start blinking.
- If you have Petcube Play or Petcube Bites camera, find a reset pin that came with your device, find a reset button which is located in the small hole on the bottom of your Petcube Play camera or below the USB port on the left side of the Petcube Bites camera, insert the reset pin into it, hold it down for 3 seconds and release it even though the light on the device won’t change its status (it will not start blinking or change the color).
If you have a first generation Petcube Camera, simply hold down the start button on the back of your device for 3 seconds and release it even though the light on the camera won't change the status.
- Follow the setup steps in the Petcube app and see if it works.
If you are using an Android device and you get a screen saying 'Almost done', you will need to follow the steps again, meaning, you will need to hold down the Start button on the back for 3 seconds again and the light on the camera may still remain a solid color.
In case it doesn't help, please contact our support team and we'll be happy to help.