Petmate Compass Dog Kennel
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Quick Slide 'N Snap assembly allows quick assembly without tools.
- 360-degree ventilation and visibility allow for more comfortable travels for your pet.
- Larger doorway size makes this crate ideal for more breeds.
- Meets most airlines requirements for safe travels.
- Quick-Latch 2-Way door design opens left or right, and stays closed with safeguard door bars at top and bottom.
Click here for the Petmate Airline Travel Kit.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Plastic Dog & Cat Kennel, Almond & Black, Large$134.99Chewy Price
- MidWest Spree Plastic Dog & Cat Kennel, Green, 19-in$24.69Chewy Price$32.99List Price
- Frisco Travel Bag Dog & Cat Carrier, Black, Medium$20.00Chewy Price$22.99List Price
- Pet Gear The Other Door Double Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate & Fleece Pad, 27 inch$144.50Chewy Price$154.05List Price
- Richell Double Door Dog & Cat Carrier, Soft Pink & Brown, Small$59.99Chewy Price$60.00List Price
- MidWest Quiet Time Fashion Plush Bolster Dog Crate Mat, Powder Blue, 22-in$17.49Chewy Price$20.99List Price
- Petmate Ultra Vari Dog & Cat Kennel, Taupe/Black, 36-in$135.95Chewy Price$211.99List Price
- Go Pet Club Double Door Collapsible Soft-Sided Dog Crate, Sage, 20 inch$47.77Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- Petmate Vari Portable Dog & Cat Kennel, 19-in, Pearl Peacock/Black$31.95Chewy Price$39.99List Price
- Precision Pet Products Provalu Single Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate, 24 inch$64.80Chewy Price$74.99List Price
- Petmate Ultra Vari Dog & Cat Kennel, Bleached Linen, Small$57.95Chewy Price$78.99List Price
- MidWest Skudo Deluxe Plastic Dog & Cat Kennel, 27-in$87.26Chewy Price$116.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Plastic, Steel, Metal||Plastic, Stainless Steel, Metal||Plastic, Steel, Metal||Plastic, Steel, Metal||Plastic, Steel, Metal|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds||Small Breeds||Small Breeds||Small Breeds||Medium Breeds|
|Tools Included||No Tools Required||No Tools Required||No Tools Required||No Tools Required||No Tools Required|
|Features||—||Top Load, Carry Handle||—||—||—|
Questions & Answers
22 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
217 Customer Reviews
Order Larger Size
The kennel measurements given are outside dimensions, so be sure to order next size. It assembled easily, but unfortunately does not have a divider to grow from pup to dog.
If I could give it 0 stars I would. The instructions say that the top and bottom pieces should slide together easily. They didn't. It took two of us and tools to get the pieces to lock into place and we actually ended up breaking it in a few areas to get it to somewhat latch. I use the crate in the car and the door moves around in the locked position making a constant and horrible noise. Complete waste of money and it's broken so I can't even return it.
Impossible to put together.
What a waste of time and money. The does not slide together as the instructions indicate. The screws don’t even match the holes. I hope I can return this item.
Difficult assembly due to poorly fitting parts
In spite of Chewy’s consistently excellent service, the Petmate Compass Dog Kennel (medium size) is a product to avoid. I have assembled three of these kennels, and each one was difficult due to the upper and lower halves failing to fit together accurately. The sliding latch system used in to his design is a great idea in that it eliminates many of the bolts used on older styles of kennels, but the fit between the upper and lower haves of this kennel is so poor that some of the remaining bolts will not pass all the way through both halves. The choice is to either drive at least a couple of the bolts through with a hammer or to drill out the offending part to make room for the bolt. I opted for the drill method, which worked, but then the metal door would not fit without using one hand and a knee to spread the sides apart while attempting to install the door with the other hand. Now I have a kennel with an installed door that will not open without repeating the same acrobatics. Ditto for reclosing it. Note to the manufacturer: I assure you that the sliding latches were all properly aligned before assembly and remained so after sliding the two halves together. The problem here is that the upper and lower halves simply do not fit together - some of the bolt holes can not be forced to line up and the plastic moldings are not formed precisely enough to maintain the proper shape for the door to fit into.
I've put together crates for about 20 yrs., by myself, but this one is impossible to do that. Sliding the top doesn't line up, so will have to wait for my husband to come home so we each can do a side. Also, there is a flaw in it, and if we were planning on picking the dog up in this, it wouldn't work. There is one catch thing that is completely melted off, so there is nothing in that area for the top to slide onto, but it's near one of the bolts, so I think I can make it work. Made from poor quality plastic. I have a Petmate crate from '97, that I'm still using, it's gone through 3 dogs. Much better plastic was used back then. I don't think this one will last even close to that. Petmate missed mark with this one.
Cheaply made - not easy to st up
They try to advertise that this is so simple and just a "slide and click" to set up - it is not. The holes do not line up and you have to force the screws to go in. Same thing for the door - the holes don't line up perfectly, so you really have to match it up in order to close properly. Also note that this does not have a handle to carry.
love it !!!
Amazing crate ! I have 2 Husky’s and they’re very bad !! Lol this is the only crate I found that works for them! They cannot get out !!! I’ve tried 4 different ones!!
Door Problem :(
Can’t open the door without pulling the corresponding side of the crate outward. It works, but ideally I would like to open the door as is.
Biggest waste of money
Terrible product. White part of the kennel has brown spots on it. Out of 8 wing nuts sent with it, only one works. Definitely not worth the price, very disappointed.
Great kennel but XL needs 2 people to assemble
My 6 month old mastidor puppy quickly outgrew his large Petmate Vari kennel, so I needed to find a larger one. I wanted something that is airline approved if we need to travel and this one fit the bill. Assembly of the XL kennel was a bit difficult to line up the slide lock sides, but with 2 people it is manageable. I love that the door can be opened on either side (right or left opening) and the vent holes all around provides good airflow. It seems pretty durable, but only time will tell. Link likes it too, so that’s the most important thing.