Petmate Ruff Maxx Dog & Cat Kennel, Off White/Green
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- The 360 degrees of free-flowing ventilation allows your pal to take in all the fresh air she needs.
- The steel door is designed with a squeeze latch to keep pets safe.
- Allows your pet to feel safe at home and extra secure when traveling to all your favorite destinations.
- Made with high-quality, durable plastic from the USA for security and longevity.
- Extremely portable and meets IATA and USDA air travel requirements.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Plastic Dog & Cat Kennel, Almond & Black, Medium$69.99Chewy Price
- MidWest Skudo Standard Plastic Dog & Cat Kennel, 24-in$27.38Chewy Price$75.99List Price
- Frisco Basic Dog & Cat Carrier Bag, Black, Medium/Large, Gray Trim$24.65Chewy Price
- MidWest Skudo Deluxe Plastic Dog & Cat Kennel, 27-in$87.26Chewy Price$116.99List Price
- Petmate Vari Dog & Cat Kennel, Small$45.95Chewy Price$70.99List Price
- Aspen Pet Dog & Cat Kennel, Color Varies$36.10Chewy Price$61.99List Price
- MidWest Spree Hard-Sided Dog & Cat Kennel, 24-in, Blue$30.99Chewy Price$43.99List Price
- Petmate Ultra Vari Dog & Cat Kennel, Bleached Linen, Small$57.95Chewy Price$73.99List Price
- Petmate Sky Dog & Cat Kennel, Small$59.55Chewy Price$94.99List Price
- SP Travel Kennel Dog Carrier, Medium$64.99Chewy Price$75.00List Price
- Aspen Pet Traditional Dog & Cat Kennel, Gray/Black, 32-in$93.69Chewy Price
- Petmate Two Door Top Load Dog & Cat Kennel, Small, White$39.95Chewy Price$52.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Features||N/A||N/A||Top Load, Carry Handle||Carry Handle||N/A|
|Material||Plastic, Steel, Metal||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds||Small Breeds||Small Breeds||Small Breeds||Medium Breeds|
|Small Pet Type||N/A||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla...||N/A||N/A||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla...|
|Tools Included||No Tools Required||No||No||No||No|
Questions & Answers
15 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
184 Customer Reviews
It was easy to put together but has only one door on it. Would be nice if the top came open too. It arrived with some plastic broken in several places but didn’t affect the ability to carry my dog so didn’t bother complaining about it.
My 11 lb cat had outgrown his prior Petmate carrier so we went up to a longer, wider one. He once again enjoys napping in his carrier at home especially when it sits by a heat vent with a nice soft towel in the bottom. This was very easy to put together and with the addition of the screws to secure the bottom to the top as well as the usual plastic clasps it will never accidentally fall apart while carrying your pet.
I have yet to use the carrier. I purchased it for my upcoming move. It was difficult to put the carrier together. The plastic has some imperfections from its manufacturing process; i.e. holes not perfectly hollowed out, but I made due. I hope it will be a safe use. It was disappointing to see the instructions to piece it together suggests using zip ties; as if it’s manufactured with the knowledge of “this can’t be trusted without additional safeguards”. The price alone should be reduced for a pet parent to have to consider such. It was also disappointing to discover the dimensions listed are for the outside of the carrier, not the inside, which is more vital information for the comfort of the cargo.
Good size ,bigger than I needed
After ordering a smaller one and finding it was to small for my dog, I ordered this one...very well made. Bigger than I needed but they were out of the size I wanted. I only need it for vet trips for my sweet rescue Willow
Mini Aussie Puppy
Just received my new Ruff Max dog crate. I measured my puppy as instructed and added the extra recommended inches. However based on previous reviews I decided to go up to the next size. I have to say this crate is awesome! I assembled it myself in under 10 minutes! My mini Aussie puppy, Lexi, went right in without any problems. And there’s plenty of room as she grows! Even with the new Frisco crate mat in there! Thank you Chewy!
Easy to use carrier
I purchased this carrier because we had such a hard time getting our cat in the soft zippered carrier. This was easy to sit on its end with the door open and just drop (gently) the cat right in and shut the door. I felt the inside where the vent holes are located and there were no rough spots on the inside so I knew my cat would not be injured while inside.
Smaller than Advertised
Was excited to get this carrier for my two cats to share in the car. Advertised that it is 18.5 inches wide, but when measured it is only 12" wide at the base (the actual living space). Also, upon measuring the full width (which is about 2 inches of the plastic side that sticks out) it is actually only about 17" wide. Very disappointed. With that being said the quality of the kennel seemed good, it it's the right size for you. Grateful to Chewy for their customer service and refunding me for this product.
Pup loves it
My 7-month-old pup loves to hang out in this crate. He seems much less anxious than when in his wire crate. It’s a cozy den. I recommend trying this for dogs with separation anxiety. It’s easily portable and I keep one in the car for car rides. Assembles/disassembles easily and is plenty sturdy for using in home and car.
The carrier/ kennel works for travel and as a secondary kennel in my home office. I can place it on the rear seat of my Camry and seatbelt it down. And with a crate mat Sofi likes to snuggle down to take puppy naps. Not sure how durable it is, but for our needs it works well with a reasonable price point.
My dogs not Happy
Poorly constructed of lightweight plastic, door doesn't open all the way due to design flaw. rounded edges on bottom of crate allows for rolling of bedding when dog tries to get up to exit crate. needs a return ship label sent with item.