Petmate Sky Dog & Cat Kennel
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Plastic, Steel, Metal||Plastic, Steel, Metal||Plastic, Steel, Metal||Plastic, Steel, Metal||Plastic, Steel, Metal|
|Breed Size||Medium Breeds||Small Breeds||Large Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Medium Breeds|
|Small Pet Type||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Tools Included||No Tools Required||No Tools Required||No Tools Required||No Tools Required||No Tools Required|
About This Item
- Made in the USA with a heavy-duty, high-impact plastic shell.
- Non-corrosive plastic wing nuts and steel wire provide extra durability.
- Meets most airline requirements so you can travel overseas with your favorite pal.
- Built with durable wire doors and windows for security and air flow.
- Made from recycled materials so you can feel extra good about your purchase!
Click here for the Petmate Airline Travel Kit.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Plastic Dog & Cat Kennel, Almond & Black, Medium$69.99Chewy Price
- Petmate Ultra Vari Dog & Cat Kennel, Taupe/Black, 36-in$135.95Chewy Price$177.99List Price
- SP Travel Kennel Dog Carrier, X-Large$64.99Chewy Price$129.00List Price
- MidWest Skudo Deluxe Plastic Dog & Cat Kennel, 36-in$131.59Chewy Price$187.99List Price
- Petmate Airline Travel Kit, Travel Kit Deluxe$18.23Chewy Price$22.99List Price
- Petmate Vari Dog & Cat Kennel, Medium$84.99Chewy Price$119.99List Price
- Petmate Ruff Maxx Dog & Cat Kennel, Off White/Green, 24-in$30.62Chewy Price$70.99List Price
- Merry Products Double Door Furniture Style Dog Crate, Mahogany, 24 inch$144.50Chewy Price
- Unipaws Furniture Style Dog Crate, Weathered Gray, Large$379.99Chewy Price$399.99List Price
- New Age Pet ecoFLEX Single Door Furniture Style Dog Crate & End Table, Grey, 23 inch$110.30Chewy Price$149.99List Price
- Frisco Double Door Wood & Metal Furniture Style Dog Crate, Espresso, Medium, 30 inch$153.57Chewy Price$169.99List Price
Questions & Answers
31 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
516 Customer Reviews
Petmate Skyline Dog Kennel for overseas air travel
I needed to take my dog to Europe via plane and he is too big to fit under a seat, so he had to travel cargo. I was really worried about him being separated from us, so I put some blankets in the bottom of the crate, with the lid and door off, and got him used to the crate by feeding him in it and using it in place of his normal dog bed. This seemed to really do the trick as he was comfortable in it before we dropped him at cargo checkin and seemed to regard it as his den. Good construction for the price and was accepted by Lufthansa no problem. Chewy ships super fast which was great too. NB: if shipping a pet overseas start researching requirements at least 6 months in advance as all countries have different requirements. Check the USDA site to see what those are. Good luck!
Not worth it
My 30 pound terrier escaped the intermediate crate the first day, bending one of the rods in the latching mechanism in the process. I cannot understand how this is a recommended crate. It's not any better than the sporting goods product costing less than half the price.
Love it –– fast shipping, sturdy crate
Love the crate. Came the next day, and it already seems incredibly sturdy. I checked the sizing of the crate against the Petmate Sky Kennel on another site, and it came in the perfect size! It also came with a flying kit (absorbent pad, stickers, water bowl).
pet crate good quality, but missing pieces
This is a well made crate, but I never got to use it. My fault I waited over a year to open it and realized there was no door. Because I waited beyond a year , I could not get a replacement. I’m not blaming Chewy for this. I’m writing this review so you won’t make the same mistake I made. When you receive it , I suggest opening and making sure all the parts are their. I’m just going to have to throw away.
Great size, well made
Easy to assemble and fits our dog well. May need to use for airline travel and this meets all of the requirements. Shipped fast too!
Not for separation anxiety
I bought this because it was recommended as an affordable option for separation anxiety. My golden retriever broke the door in less than a month of having this crate. She literally bent the metal to bust the door down. She is a small golden retriever and only weighs about 55 pounds. Maybe it can stand up to small dogs, but certainly not medium to large ones. Also, it did nothing to help her separation anxiety at all if you couldn't tell.
My oldest boy is 5. The big brother of 3 younger dogs. When I brought him home as a pup my golden was 12 yrs old. She passed in Sept. 2020. Growing up with her he reached obedience and maturity fast it felt so he gets more priviledges. Recently he has been chewing up the dog beds when I leave so I crated him again when I am gone. The 2 prong locked crate he broke out of at will. This 3 prong lock solved the problem. YES!!! Thank you for a great price too!!
some features missing
In the larger crates, there s a hole to put a zip tie through and around the gate to make it more secure. that hole is missing in the small crate. I will need to drill 4 holes so I can secure the gate. Inconvenient! The crate is also lighter made than I expected.
Sturdy & good price
I ordered this for my “hefty” kitties (over 17 pounds). This was easy to assemble. It is quite sturdy. The price was better than what I found in other chain pet supply stores.
Great airline complaint crate
We had to replace our dog’s wire crate for an airline compliant version. This one is very sturdy but still comfortable for our pup. It obviously has less of a “view” for her but does offer a bit more space. She adjusted pretty quickly.