Petmate Top Load Cat Kennel
About This Item
- Top-load kennels like this one make it easier to put your cat in the kennel and take her out.
- Designed with an extra-large door.
- Comfortable, safe, secure and purr-fect for travel and trips to the vet.
- Also great for small dogs, puppies, rabbits and other small animals.
- Available in different vibrant color options.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Plastic Dog & Cat Kennel, Almond & Black, Small$49.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Top Loading Cat Kennel, Navy$20.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Travel Bag Dog & Cat Carrier, Black, Medium$20.00Chewy Price$22.99List Price
- Richell Double Door Dog & Cat Carrier, White & Beige, Medium$79.99Chewy Price$80.00List Price
- PetLuv Pull-Along Soft-Sided Rolling Cat & Dog Carrier, Tan, Large$88.92Chewy Price$92.92List Price
- K9 Sport Sack Rover Forward Facing Dog Carrier Backpack, Green, X-Large$199.95Chewy Price
- HDP Breathable TraveL Backpack Dog Carrier, Grey$69.99Chewy Price
- Pet Fit For Life Popup Cat Carrier$35.95Chewy Price$39.95List Price
- Necoichi Ultra Light Collapsible Cat Carrier Bag$23.19Chewy Price$28.99List Price
- Petpod Comfortable Backpack with Built in Fan Dog & Cat Carrier, White$59.99Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- Jespet Soft-Sided Sport Dog & Cat Carrier Bag, Dark Blue, 16-in$26.99Chewy Price$34.99List Price
- Cat-in-the-bag E-Z-Zip Cat Carrier Bag, Cobalt, Large$36.90Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Polypropylene, Steel, Plastic, Metal||Plastic, Steel, Metal||Plastic||Mesh, Synthetic Fabric||Mesh, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds|
|Tools Included||No Tools Required||No Tools Required||No Tools Required||—||—|
|Features||—||Carry Handle, Double Door||Carry Handle||Top Load, Removable Pad, Collapsible, Water-resistant||Top Load, Shoulder Strap, Removable Pad...|
Questions & Answers
2 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
9 Customer Reviews
Top-loading cat carrier
The first time I tried to put my cat in this carrier she scratched me trying to get away. So I have been putting a dish of cat food in it and she will get in it to eat the food. I hope eventually she will not fight me when I want to put her in it.
A nice cage
Good for a regular sized cat (my cat is 9 lbs. 16 oz.) She has plenty of room to move around. My cat hates cages can't stand them and will do everything in her power to not be put inside one! This cage said it was easier then front loaders but it's really not, more convenient would be the better word I think. With a front loading cage I usually need a second person to help me get the cat in easier but the top losing action makes it possible for me to load up my little fuzz butt all by myself.
Love this carrier.
My cat struggles with going into tradition style carriers that load from the front. It was recommended to me to find a top load carriers because it doesn't cause as much stress in cats. So I did my research and chose this top load carrier by PetMate. I love it so much and the color is pretty. The size is perfect for my cat who weighs 6 pounds. FYI...I didn't use the screws to connect it together. I used zip ties instead because those screws work themselves loose over time and I don't like having to keep checking to make sure it's safe. The zip ties are better.
Cute colors and nice size but no handle???
I love the color options and the door opening/overall size of the carrier is perfect for my (~10lb) cat. The only (and it is a doozy) problem that prevents me from recommending this carrier is that I will have to make my own handle for it somehow because it does not come with one (what?????). Not worth returning as I am happy with everything else but the lack of a handle just feels crazy town bananapants to me.
Nice but small
This came quickly in good condition but was too small. I will likely have to just buy another bigger carrier and will prob get no use from this one
Greatly convenient in loading hesitant cats
I love this top load cat carrier -- it's well designed, easy to put together and both my cats seem much less stressed out about being put into it, as opposed to a conventional carrier.
I've been looking for a top load at a reasonable price found it at Chewy.com and delivery is so convenient and fast
Very very small
You can barely get a kitten in. I’m not going to be able to use and will have to return
Easy to handle
Top load made it easy and the compact size is much more manageable than our old bulky carriers.