PetSafe Gentle Leader Chic Padded Dog Headcollar & Leash
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Reduces pulling on the leash and other unwanted behaviors such as barking, lunging, or jumping.
- A great accessory for training dogs to heel or focus by providing immediate gentle control.
- Collar sits high on your dog’s neck, keeping pressure on the back of the neck instead of the delicate throat.
- Adjustable nylon straps and neoprene padded nose loop provide maximum comfort for prolonged wear.
- Pick a fun and vibrant pattern that matches your pup’s personality best.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- PetSafe Deluxe Easy Walk Nylon Reflective No Pull Dog Harness, Rose, Small: 15 to 21-in chest$25.95Chewy Price$33.99List Price
- Halti Nylon Dog Headcollar, Size 4: 18 to 24.5-in neck$13.65Chewy Price$26.99List Price
- PetSafe Bling Easy Walk Nylon No Pull Dog Harness, Blue Bling, Medium/Large: 24.5 to 34-in chest$25.95Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- PetSafe Chic Easy Walk No Pull Dog Harness, Donuts, Medium/Large: 24.5 to 34-in chest$24.60Chewy Price$33.99List Price
- PetSafe 3-in-1 Reflective Dog Harness with Car Control Strap, Plum, Large: 29.5 to 42.5-in chest$29.95Chewy Price$37.99List Price
- PetSafe Two Point Control Nylon Reflective Dog Leash, Black/Gray, Small/Medium: 6-ft long, 5/8-in wide$12.95Chewy Price$14.99List Price
- PetSafe Sure-Fit Adjustable Back Clip Dog Harness, Black, Medium: 22 to 30-in chest$20.30Chewy Price$20.99List Price
- Boss Pet Prestige Skyline Dog Trolley, 50-ft$16.00Chewy Price$23.97List Price
- DealFrisco Basic No Pull Harness, Navy/Blue, LG$9.87Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds|
|Leash & Collar Feature||Leash / Harness, Waterproof||—||Waterproof||Training||Training|
|Closure Type||Quick Release||Buckle||Quick Release||Buckle||Quick Release|
Questions & Answers
16 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
173 Customer Reviews
love the gentle lead
It's a godsend. Without it, I would not be able to control my 85 pound yellow lab safely. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. And did I say that she loves the print <3
So much better than a harness
It takes a bit for the dog to get used to having this on their nose but there is an easy way to train the dog to it. Put it on, say, "Good dog!", give a treat, take it off. "Rinse and repeat" several times. This is so much better than a harness because you are controlling the head. Where the head goes, the body must follow so turn to the right and the dog turns to the right, etc.
Why did I wait so long
I’ve got a 4yo 45 pound mutt that is all muscle. I’ve used a harness on her since she was a puppy. Unfortunately she does just okay when I walk with her on the harness, but is terrible for everyone else in the house. It took maybe 4 minutes of taking it on and off multiple times just to get her use to it. After that, she has completely stopped pulling with EVERYBODY so now I’m mad at myself for waiting 4 years to use this
Decided to upgrade our 9m Great Dane pup from the plain black gentle leader to the Poppy one in hopes that everyone would stop calling her a very big/handsome boy. That part didn’t work but her new collar and leash are the same fantastic quality as her previous one and, as always, makes walks much more enjoyable for her and us.
Blizz loves wearing it
The head halter fits nicely the light blue background with the bone shapes goes great with his lighter golden colar it works for what I need it to do helps me to keep him from picking up thing he shouldn’t
Super duper cute
OH MY GAWD, I got this for my dog who already wears a "boring" red Gentle Leader. She is a little bit chonk, so when I saw the Donut style I KNEW she had to have it. It is perfect, as usual. I did notice that they changed the clip under the chin from plastic to metal, which is fine and probably "longer wearing." The short leash that came with it is also cute but I don't use it much. Could have done without it.
Prevent Puppy From Pulling
Head collar is simple to use and works well. The only small issue I had was that my puppy was able to unlock the clip for the nose adjustment. I was able to remedy this by wrapping the locking clip with some masking tape. I would suggest that the company find a much more secure locking clip.
Very flimsy and confusing snap
I was very excited about this purchase but Bertie was most definitely not. He couldn't figure out why he should have donuts in his line of vision that could not be eaten and immediately started scratching at the nose strap with his paw and easily finagled his way out of it. In my excitement I opened the package and started trying to put the gentle leader on him only to become stumped by the complex design (I have a PhD but it is in a field unrelated to dog gentle leaders). I looked at the packaging and saw no pictures and only tiny font that I could not be bothered to read until five minutes into our walk when I figured out that the method I had cobbled together from the pictures was most definitely not working. No longer having the piece of paper with tiny print on it with us, I looked up instructions of Wikihow (which upon further perusal after our walk match the instructions on Chewy, why those could not be put in an instructional series of graphics on the blank space on the back of the sheet of paper that came with it, I do not know). This worked better but I still am mystified by the snap below the latch. Why anyone would put plastic that feels that flimsy anywhere near a species that is known for its willingness to chew anything and everything I do not know. I am not sure if the snap is broken, naturally weak, or I am obtuse but I cannot figure out how to make it stay put. Bertie started to get used to it eventually but still managed to get out from the nose strap twice more on our walk because the snap did not work (which was no more than 20 minutes total and over the course of which I managed to brainstorm several things that would have made better snaps than the piece of plastic provided, like a paperclip, a twist tie, a rubber band, a hair tie, or, on the makers' end, one of those things used to tighten sweatshirt hoods--why that was not the first solution is really bewildering in all honesty). Bertie would rate this a 0 if he were able to write Chewy reviews. I, being slightly more generous, will give it a two for being a cool concept and because I think the donuts are cute (which is the worst reason to get stars ever, but whatever).
Best leader ever
Poppies are so pretty in this set. I can't live without the Gentle Leader. My 70 LB dog is completely manageable.
zero padding have no idea why it’s titled that! returned cause also agree with other reviewers that the clasp meant to size the nose loop is flimsy as all getup