PetSafe Gentle Leader Padded No Pull Dog Headcollar
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This effective no-pull headcollar is designed to help improve walks with your canine companion. It is vet recommended and designed by a dog trainer!
- Your pup will still be able to have full-range of motion while wearing this headcollar. He will be able to drink, eat, pant and even catch his favorite toy!
- Rests across your canine companion's nose, interrupting his natural instinct to pull against pressure.
- Constructed from durable nylon with a padded neoprene nose loop for ultimate canine comfort. This headcollar won’t fit furry friends with short snouts, like pugs or bulldogs.
- Features a quick-snap neck strap and an adjustable nose loop for easy fitting in minutes. It is designed with minimal straps to keep your canine cool.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Halti Nylon Dog Headcollar, Size 4: 18 to 24.5-in neck$13.65Chewy Price$26.99List Price
- Halti OptiFit Nylon Dog Headcollar, Large: 19 to 27-in neck$18.79Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- Kurgo Walk About Dog Head Halter, Multi-color, Large$26.99Chewy Price
- PetSafe Easy Walk Dog Harness, Fawn/Brown, Medium$22.95Chewy Price$28.99List Price
- Walk 'n Train Polyester Dog Headcollar, Large: 15 to 20-in neck$18.96Chewy Price$22.49List Price
- Four Paws Heavy Weight Overhead Trolley Exerciser, 100-ft$55.50Chewy Price$77.69List Price
- Ultra Paws One Adjustable Pulling Dog Harness, Huge$31.95Chewy Price
- EzyDog Quick Fit Dog Harness, Black, Large$38.00Chewy Price
- PetSafe Happy Ride Car Safety Dog Harness, X-Large: 18 to 40-in chest$26.95Chewy Price$34.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Mesh, Synthetic Fabric||Mesh, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds||Small Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds|
|Leash & Collar Feature||Waterproof||—||Training||—||—|
|Closure Type||Quick Release||Buckle||Quick Release||Buckle||Buckle|
|Lifestage||Adult||Adult||Adult||Puppy, Adult, Senior||Adult|
Questions & Answers
36 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1484 Customer Reviews
Lifechanging when it comes to walks! But...
The design of the harness is fantastic. I really didn't think I'd ever be able to enjoy walks with my border collie mix. Whenever Dodger saw another dog (or bird or butterfly or....) he would bark and pull and make walks miserable. This has almost completely stopped the pulling part and we're getting the rest of it under control. The one con is that the stitching either was frayed upon receipt or frayed after a couple of walks. Not sure how long it will hold up, or whether this is a design flaw or just a quality control issue with this one particular harness. Still, I am really happy with the product and would certainly recommend it to others who are struggling, frustrated and ready to give up walking a pulling dog.
Bulldogs can't wear this (just in case you were wondering)
It's a well-made item, and I've seen German Shephards, the biggest Labs you've ever seen and most dogs do well with the head lead. But as the instructions advise, these are not for Bulldogs (English bulldogs, American BULL DOGS, or any dog with a squooshed up (but cute)) face. The second compelling reason NOT to get this for your BULLDOG? They can take it off. 'Member bulldogs are willful and if they don't want to do something, they won't.
Best training tool EVER
My 1 year old Jack Russel mix was a horrible walker. She was always pulling, lunging at other dogs & barking. I bought this as a last ditch effort to try and stop the pulling and reactivity. It’s worked wonders. The first time putting it on her she jumped around and pawed at her snout and rolled in the grass to try and get it off, but the 2nd time I put it on her she walked GREAT. No pulling, no lunging & no barking. It seems to be a great fit & has seriously been a game changer, I only wish I would have bought this sooner.
Effective But She Still Hates It
I'm able to get our energetic puppy exercise by using this but after weeks of trying, she still has not gotten used to it. She can't pull as hard, and she's fine when she's busy exploring . But she still nosedives to the ground and paws at it on occasion, I can't say that has lessened at all over time.
Wow! I'm very very impressed! We have been trying to walk our dog for years on leash and this is literally the only thing that has worked. I even had a trainer come in, used a shock collar, a front leash, etc. I think we have gone through every possible option. Today was our first day and I don't have blisters on my hand! I feel like I FINALLY have control of my dog! We are still working on it especially wanting to go meet the dogs at the park, but other than that he walked wonderful!
Great walking trainer
We had previously used a chest harness, but when our 9 month old 60lb golden retriever pup outgrew it we were looking for a different option. The gentle leader gives him immediate feedback and he knows our walking expectations so much better now. Even my kids(10,7,5) can walk him now without him pulling them along!
Better than before
We got a Gentle Leader for our big, strong, stubborn dog about the year 2000. We tried various solutions, some of which worked and some didn’t, but the Gentle Leader was the best by far. We now have another dog of similar temperament now, and I couldn’t find our Gentle Leader. This is a slightly improved version with padding for the nose (not really necessary for most dogs) and a great instruction sheet. That sheet may even allow me to convince my husband not to make it too loose. I don’t know that this would work for shorter-nosed dogs, but our German Sheppard can’t get it off, and I can now take her for a walk without her trying to walk me. Be aware that most dogs don’t like it at first, but soon become accustomed to it.
At first I was annoyed at the instructions. Then watched a video and had an ah-ha moment. My dog is pretty easy except when it comes to walking. Strong as an ox. Got him into the leader pretty easily and off we went with treats in my pocket. GAME CHANGER. It’s like walking a different dog. No pull, no lunge. I wish I had this 5 years ago.
Gentle Leader! They Mean It!
Great tool for keeping your pup from ripping off your arm. I read the reviews before I bought this and realized that when people bought this I thought it was magically going to fix it. Use the dvd, read the literature and then put this on your pup. I think this is fantastic and would highly recommend it
Think mine is faulty
I love the gentle leader as a tool to help with pulling but unfortunately this is already not staying tightly clasped, despite the addition of metal versus plastic under the chin. Mine might just be faulty, but unfortunately makes it not very useful