PetSafe Happy Ride Car Safety Dog Harness
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Helps keep your pup in a safe, secure place while you’re driving.
- Multiple attachment points paw-vide a customizable experience—simply attach it to your car’s seat with a tether.
- Fully padded vest with a breathable liner keeps your pup comfy—especially essential for long trips.
- Crash-test certified so you can feel confident in how you’re keeping your furbaby safe.
- Separate leash attachment makes it easy to take your pup on potty breaks at rest stops.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- SlowTon Car Safety Dog Harness with Seat Belt, Burgundy, Small: 18.5 to 21-in chest$13.49Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- EzyDog Drive Dog Car Harness, Small$125.00Chewy Price
- Kurgo Tru-Fit Enhanced Strength Crash Tested Smart Car Dog Harness, Black, X-Small$44.95Chewy Price$48.99List Price
- HDP Car Dog Harness & Safety Seat Belt Travel Gear, Red, Small$11.99Chewy Price
- PetSafe Easy Walk Dog Harness, Black/Silver, X-Large$22.95Chewy Price$28.99List Price
- PetSafe 3-in-1 Reflective Dog Harness & Leash, Small: 19 to 24-in chest$37.95Chewy Price$46.99List Price
- Julius-K9 IDC Powerharness Nylon Reflective No Pull Dog Harness, Green, Mini-Mini: 15.7 to 20.9-in chest$26.95Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- Chai's Choice Double H Trail Runner Polyester Reflective No Pull Dog Harness, Purple, X-Large: 31 to 39-in chest$32.99Chewy Price$34.95List Price
- Flexi Classic Nylon Tape Retractable Dog Leash, Blue, X-Small: 10-ft long$18.20Chewy Price$22.99List Price
- Headlight Harness LED Light Dog Harness, Purple, Medium$59.72Chewy Price$59.95List Price
- Chai's Choice Outdoor Explorer No-Pull 3M Polyester Reflective Dual Clip Dog Harness, Neon Yellow, Medium: 22 to 27-in chest$25.95Chewy Price$26.95List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Mesh, Synthetic Fabric|
|Harness Type||Car Safety||No Pull, Back Clip, Car Safety, Front Clip||No Pull, Back Clip, Car Safety, Front Clip||Car Safety|
|Leash & Collar Feature||Waterproof||Dual Clip, Leash / Harness, Padded, Reflective, Waterproof||Dual Clip, Reflective, Waterproof||N/A|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds|
|Closure Type||Quick Release||Quick Release||Quick Release||Buckle|
Questions & Answers
28 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
254 Customer Reviews
works very well & it’s crash tested
Fits well once you get used to adjusting it. Phoebe 22lb Bernedoodle steps into it soon as she jumps in the car. Sturdy and well made! Does what it supposed to ultimately, I love the fact it’s crash tested!
Couldn't figure out why my dog was slipping out of it - on the freeway! then I called Chewy and as I was talking to them I noticed the picture on their website and the one I had - one strap was much longer than the other (fixed straps). So my dog would slip out of the side with the larger strap.
How does this thing work?
The harness is sturdy and well made, and if I could figure out how to use it and fit it to may dog, I would give it 5 stars. The enclosed pamphlet was not helpful, and I could not find a video that demonstrated how to correctly fit it to a dog. I will admit that I an "mechanically challenged."
Need to try another
The instructions for securing it in the car are inadequate. The first time I put this on her to chill in the car while I was loading for a trip (she always hangs out in the back seat while I load), she immediately got traumatically tangled. As others have said, it slips around too much. I realize now I needed to train her on it--and still don't know if I secured it correctly--but I think I'd rather try something a little more substantial.
Fits my dogs well (I got a medium one for my Australian Cattle Dog- 40 pounds, and a large for my husky mix- 55 pounds). I got them to keep my dogs safe, out of my way, and off of unprotected surfaces in the car and it does the job. My ACD is a bit of a houdini and can slip out of it but that's usually only a problem on long car rides if she gets anxious, and that's obviously more of a her-problem than an issue with the harness itself. Just warning others with anxious, hyper-intelligent dogs that it's possible to escape the harness...
I originally brought this for my dog to use with his booster seat. He would move around too much with the harness and booster. I tried this with the booster and it was more restricted but my puppy found a way to still move. So I removed the booster and only used this harness with the seatbelt on my seat. Perfect he can’t move and he actually likes it. My dog is pretty small but this harness fits him perfectly.
Slides around dog’s body
This harness is attractive and high quality but as others have said, it doesn’t stay in place and leaves her caught up or at the least, lopsided and awkward because it pulls down on one side. Makes no sense. Online tonight to buy a different harness as this just isn’t working.
This is terrific for my small dog
I love it. It is easy to adjust for a proper fit. The single clip back fastener has padding so I don't have to worry about catching my wiggly pup in the buckle. The front shield appears to be a comfortable fit for my 16lb dog and it is easy for him to step into; the back loops quickly fit a standard 3point seatbelt giving my dog room to sit without twisting or tangling in the belt. The back D-ring holds the leash at a comfortable position for secure walks and training . I really recommend this harness.
a little too slipery
When you connect the loops to the belt to the seat belt, it pulls to the side too much. It works but my dog seemed uncomfortable because it kept being pulled to his side instead of staying on his chest.
My pup just kept getting tangled up every time she turned around. Did not have use for it.