PetSafe Happy Ride Sport Cat & Dog Bicycle Basket
About This Item
- This nylon basket attaches to the handlebars of your bike and can support dogs up to 13 pounds.
- Attach your dog’s harness to the safety tether for extra security while you ride.
- The removable sun shield helps keep your pup protected from bright sunshine.
- Features 3 storage pockets for all of your pup’s essentials—including leashes, treats or waste bags.
- The basket can be converted into a convenient pet carrier with the included shoulder strap.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Quilted Water Resistant Cargo Cover, Black, Large$37.29Chewy Price
- PetSafe Happy Ride Wicker Cat & Dog Bicycle Basket$84.95Chewy Price$94.99List Price
- Pet Gear I-GO2 Traveler Dog & Cat Backpack & Rolling Carrier, Sage$48.69Chewy Price$56.98List Price
- Pet Gear Large Car Booster, Black$96.69Chewy Price$97.98List Price
- Petmate Soft-Sided Dog & Cat Carrier Bag, Medium Black$20.50Chewy Price$48.99List Price
- PetSafe Happy Ride Aluminum Cat & Dog Bicycle Trailer, Medium$199.95Chewy Price$299.99List Price
- Pet Gear Medium Car Booster, Tan$59.29Chewy Price$69.98List Price
- Outward Hound PoochPouch Dog Sling, Blue$34.99Chewy Price
- Pet Gear Happy trails No-Zip Pet Stroller, Pink Diamond$117.98Chewy Price
- Go Pet Club Double Door Collapsible Soft-Sided Dog Crate, Blue, 28 inch$46.34Chewy Price$59.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Steel, Fleece, Wood, Synthetic Fabric, Metal||Fleece, Faux Fur, Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Aluminum, Plastic, Rubber, Mesh, Metal, Synthetic Fabric|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Extra Small & Toy Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds|
|Features||Shoulder Strap, Pockets||Interior Tether||Interior Tether||—||Top Load, Rolling, Interior Tether|
Questions & Answers
10 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
51 Customer Reviews
Ready to go
My item arrived. Supper fast if you have a little. Small shitzu they fit perfectly and wont over heat. Its a fresh basket. And not filled with a warm filling. The doggies will stay fresh.
We LOVE our basket! Mom love’s riding her bike and now I can come along! I fit comfortably in the basket, but I prefer keeping my eye on where mom and I are headed!
Attempting to put this together was incredibly difficult. In fact, I haven't been able to figure out how to complete the mounting hardware that attached basket to bike. This is very disappointing considering the amount of money I paid for this item. It is currently sitting on the floor in the garage. I live alone, and have NO ONE to assist me in putting it together. It was basically a waste of money.
PetSafe should lower the weight recommendation
This bike basket itself is sturdy and well-constructed, and was fairly easy to install. The sun shade is pretty flimsy/chintzy--and you have to stick the wire into the bag to install it. After time, I worried that it would begin to rip the bag. I was really excited about this bike bag, but unfortunately it didn't work out for my 10.5 lb Chihuahua-Terrier mix. First, I would not recommend a 10.5 dog go in this because it greatly reduced my ability to steer easily, and more importantly, quickly. Second, my dog only fits in the basket sideways and needs to turn his head to see straight ahead. I wish the basket were large enough to allow him to sit facing forward. I loved the pockets on the outside. The strap was helpful to carry it for a short period, but it's bulky and stiff/awkward to carry around for extended periods of time.
not as cute as a wicker but it works great !
To be fair I had a bracket on my trek bikes front ( to bungee packages or helmet on ) so my son assembled this for Mother’s Day , he sat it on top of existing bracket so it’s very solid on bottom! - I have 16 lb Westie that loved it from ride one ! She sat straight up on her butt , not moving strapped in looking straight ahead ! She adored the wind in her face ! ( now I’m awaiting a bike pump to get her back on her rides !we can ride to the dog park where her friends are ! I bought this in may (elsewhere )when these were sold out everywhere! I wanted the wicker one bad, but couldn’t find it anywhere ! I normally but every thing from chewy but had to pay about 80$ for this from another pet place ( bc of Covid )
Not as large as the listing claims
Couldn’t use to basket is smaller that’s the dimensions claim
Bought the PetSafe bike basket with high hopes of rail to trail riding, with 4 lb. pup who is calm in the basket. The basket itself is heavy, but it secures well to the bike. The trouble is steering, which creates a wobbly feel. After four outings on level asphalt surfaces and very fine gravel surfaces, I still can't get used to the wobbling every time I steer the slightest bit in a different direction. Want to love this basket, but it's just not happening. Will request to return it, with much regret, and find a basket that doesn't wobble with a 4 lb. dog.
This is a great basket, easy to put together and roomy for a small dog. I have a 6 pound puppy and she fits comfortably. She has a 10lb brother and they both love to be close together. I will buy another one, just so they don't always have to go in one basket.
So much fun!
My Yorkie boy absolutely loved his bike basket rides on our vacation/camping trip. The harness tether clip kept my dog secure inside the basket and he was able to sit comfortably and have a good view of his surroundings. The basket is securely held on to the front of the bike with the handlebar attachment and basket strap. I would suggest for smaller dogs less than 10 lbs, to add extra padding to the bottom of the basket to raise your dog up a bit higher . The basket has plenty of pockets for belongings and we also used the basket as a car seat on our truck’s center console. Our pup loves car and truck rides too!
This carrier works great for my two small dogs. They are 6 and 7lbs. and they fit comfortably in the carrier. I like that you can easily take the carrier off when the dogs are riding with me. Very well made and thought out.