PetSafe Happy Ride Tubular Metal Dog Barrier
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Metal barrier keeps your pup in the backseat to reduce driver distraction.
- Adjustable sizing fits in most backseats in cars and SUVs—rubber stoppers help prevent the barrier from slipping or damaging your vehicle.
- Maintains your visibility so you can keep an eye on the happenings in the backseat and see through the rearview mirror.
- Quickly assembles and disassembles so you can get on the road faster—stores in the storage pouch.
- .Rattle-free design keeps the noise to a minimum.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealFrisco Quilted Water Resistant Cargo Cover, Black, Large$29.83Chewy Price
- Jumbl Pets Heavy-Duty Adjustable Car & SUV Dog Barrier$40.99Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- Frisco Travel Dog Bucket Booster Seat, Black, Large$59.99Chewy Price
- Pawple Adjustable Universal Fit SUV Dog Barrier$44.99Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- MidWest Wire Mesh Universal SUV Car Barrier$79.81Chewy Price$100.99List Price
- Jumbl Pets Waterproof Non-Slip SUV & Car Cargo Liner$47.49Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- Pawple Waterproof Cargo SUV Dog Car Seat Cover$29.99Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- Arf Pets Waterproof & Non-Slip SUV Cargo Liner, Large$42.49Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- DealBarksBar Luxury Cover Dog & Cat Cargo Liner, Black$35.95Chewy Price$46.99List Price
- PetSafe Happy Ride Bench Dog Seat Cover, Beige$29.95Chewy Price$41.99List Price
- Kurgo Heather Half Hammock Protective Car Cover, Black$75.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Coated Metal, Metal, Natural Fabric||Steel, Metal||Steel, Metal||Steel, Metal||Steel, Metal|
|Breed Size||All Breeds||All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||All Breeds||All Breeds|
|Features||Pockets, Collapsible, Water-resistant||—||—||—||—|
|Tools Included||—||—||No Tools Required||—||—|
Questions & Answers
22 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
273 Customer Reviews
Not bad, no noise.
So far the barrier is holding up. I don't hear any of the rattling people complain about yet, but I do expect over time things will loosen up and start to make noise. I flipped mine upside down to keep the dogs from trying to crawl under it. I don't use my third row so I have the seats down to give them plenty of room in back. I have since taken out the cover and put in a couple dog beds.
Adjustments required to fit
It was a little to tall for my 2022 Cross Trek. We cut four inches off both the main poles and four inches off one of the circle horizontal barriers. After those were made it fits well and works perfectly.
Adjustable Dog Barrier
This is a nicely designed metal car barrier for dogs. The plastic brackets and hardware are good quality and it is fully adjustable. It does take a few minutes to assemble but once you have one row completed the other rows are easy to follow.
Easy to install in my Kia Telluride. Keeps 3 dogs of various sizes contained in the back. Great price, too. My only gripe is that it rattles a little no matter how tightly I tighten the nuts. Still very happy with my purchase.
Secure and Sturdy
This was very time consuming to put together, but not difficult. It feels very sturdy and secure. I like that you can adjust each bar section by height and width.
Happy Ride Tubular Metal Dog Barrier
This isn't very sturdy and doesn't hold our puppy in the back very well.
Really Nice Barrier
This barrier has some really nice feature. The fact it can be disassembled and reassembled by just pushing some buttons is a great feature. It assembles easily following the very clear instructions. I will warn those who have a mini-van with the rear seat folded into the floor that the bottom bar may be pretty high above the floor. This is because the extension screw legs are extended quite far. My lower bar is about 9 inches from floor. It will work for large dogs, but smaller dogs may scoot under it. For smaller dogs, you can put the screw legs at the top. Not as pretty, but may be safer.
Once adjustments were made so dog’s head wouldn’t fit through, barrier worked great for determined Great Pyrenees!
Flimsy and weak barrier
The very next day after installing it in my car, my dog jumped against it and it immediately the whole thing broke off. This item is a total waste of money!
Not as strong as expected
My husky finds a way to get through this and is able to bump the locking holders off and squeeze through. It doesn’t hold up very well with strategic escape artists.