PetSafe Pet Fence System Surge Protector
About This Item
- Electrical surge protection for in-ground fence transmitters.
- Connections for fencing loop wires.
- Protects against electrical surges and spikes.
- Plugs directly into outlet - easy installation.
- Replaces RFA-28 (discontinued).
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealPetSafe 9-Volt PAC11-12067 Replacement Battery$4.99Chewy Price$6.99List Price
- DealSportDOG Replacement Strap Dog Collar, Yellow, 1-in$14.34Chewy Price$14.95List Price
- DealSportDOG Replacement Strap Dog Collar, Black, 3/4-in$14.95Chewy Price
- DealKONG Training Dummy for Dogs, X-Large$9.99Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- DealSportDOG SDT00-11907 SD-400 & SD-800 Series Receiver Battery Kit$28.95Chewy Price$30.00List Price
- PetSafe 3-Volt RFA-188 Replacement Battery, 4 count$33.04Chewy Price$34.76List Price
- PetSafe 6-Volt RFA-18 Alkaline Replacement Battery, 4 count$15.16Chewy Price$15.96List Price
- DealSportDOG Regular Plastic Dog Training Dummy, Orange$7.89Chewy Price$7.95List Price
- DealPetSafe Boundary Flags, 50 count$21.95Chewy Price$26.99List Price
- DealDogCare TC-System-15 Dog Training System, Small, Black$39.99Chewy Price
- PetSafe 3-Volt RFA-35-11 Lithium Coin Cell Replacement Batteries, 4 count$7.62Chewy Price$8.02List Price
- DealPATPET Dog Training Collar Universal Accessory Pack$9.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||—||—||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||—||—|
Questions & Answers
2 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
4 Customer Reviews
Protects my fence nicely
In Florida we frequently get afternoon thunderstorms. Each time lightning is in my area my fence alarm would start beeping as if the connection was broken even though I have one continuous wire - no splices. Since installing the surge protector my fence has not beeped once. The alarm on the fence at my Mom's house would not beep after nearby lightning but also would not transmit the radio signal, after installing the surge protector at her house the problem was resolved as well. The surge protector is a MUST in Florida!
We had this item before but it was struck by lightening, with worry our dogs would get out we found chewy.com and they had the replacement here with great speed!!! This is a great remedy to keeping your dogs safe and freedom to run!!!
Indispensable for an invisable fence
This is a must have and undoubtedly has allowed my fence that encompasses 12 acres to function for last 4 years. Alas, last close lighting strike fried it and still got my transmitter. Good news is that when I called Sportdog to get just a new transmitter, they gave me a great deal and when I told them my surge protector was fried, they sent me a free one since it has a lifetime warranty. But, Chewy did great getting me this replacement which is now a spare.
Don't throw away your money - Buy surge protection
Surge protection was formerly integrated into the high-end models of PetSafe fences. The engineers, or marketing folks, at PetSafe decided it was better to sell the lightening protection separately as an option. If you do not buy lightening protection, you are throwing away your money and will, eventually, need to replace your transmitter. It is merely a matter of time until lightening strikes. No system can be perfectly engineered or perfectly manufactured to withstand lightening strikes. And, no system will last forever, but you can greatly increase the life of your underground pet protection with this surge protector. Don't waste your money and save yourself the hassle of discovering your transmitter was electrocuted during the storm and having to replace it. Buy the surge protection and be assured of continued protection for pet. Even after the storm passes.