PetSafe Sliding 81-in Glass Pet Door
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Allows your pet to come and go as he pleases, through your sliding glass or screen door.
- These panels feature a heavy-duty aluminum construction and shatter-resistant, tempered safety glass.
- Equipped with the energy-conserving UltraSeal flexible flap system designed to keep the heat and cold outdoors.
- Installation is easy, with no cutting required. Simply slide the panel into one end of your sliding door track, secure it to the frame, and add the weather stripping.
- Fits left or right sliding glass doors, 76 13/16 to 81 inches tall. Does not fit recessed sliding glass doors without additional hardware.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealFrisco Collapsible Wood & Wire Cat Cage Playpen, 2-Levels$199.99Chewy Price$249.99List Price
- PetSafe 96-in Sliding Glass Pet Door, Large$269.95Chewy Price$269.99List Price
- DealBolster Bench Car Seat Cover, X-Large, Black$71.99Chewy Price$79.99List Price
- Ideal Pet Products Aluminum Modular Pet Patio Doors, Silver, Small$156.01Chewy Price$164.57List Price
- Sliding Glass Pet Door, 2-Piece, Large$274.95Chewy Price
- PetSafe Extreme Weather Sliding Glass Cat & Dog Door, White, Medium$324.95Chewy Price$324.99List Price
- DealHigh Tech Pet Products Large Power Automatic Sliding Glass Pet Patio Door, White, Regular$769.99Chewy Price$929.99List Price
- Endura Flap Double Flap Door Mount Dog & Cat Door, Medium, White$528.99Chewy Price$529.99List Price
- DealHigh Tech Pet Products Armor Flex Airtight Extreme Weather Magnetic Closure System Door Mount Pet Door, Large$399.99Chewy Price$479.99List Price
- DealHigh Tech Pet Products PX-1 Power Pet Fully Automatic Pet Door$399.99Chewy Price$479.99List Price
- PlexiDor Performance Pet Doors Electronic Automatic Wall Mounted Dog & Cat Door, Large, White$2,535.00Chewy Price$3,002.00List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Aluminum, Plastic, Metal||Aluminum, Plastic, Metal||Plastic, Vinyl / PVC||Plastic||Aluminum, Plastic, Metal|
|Breed Size||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds|
|Features||Locking||Locking||Insulated, Locking||Locking||Insulated, Locking|
Questions & Answers
81 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
587 Customer Reviews
Awesome, life changing
I picked up a new Toy Poodle a couple weeks ago and the breeder had the coolest set up. She had finished a back porch into an extra room, for a kennel. This room was complete with a little doggy door and a beautiful fenced in play area. She kept the pups in their kennels at night and opened them during the day. All day long they, even the little puppies, ran in and out. I needed to do this, but I had a patio door! After searching the internet, i found several options. This option, from Chewy, looked like the best value. It is fantastic. My son helped me install it, but I could have done it myself. My new little 8 week old puppy, ran out the door, so all the others followed. Training done. Love, love, love this doggy door system.
great door, somewhat finicky install
Once I figured it out, install wasn't too bad. Tiny gap next to sliding door on one part but very minimal. I worry a bit about it being possible to pry open in middle with crowbar or something though. Also - get the smallest size you can. I got medium and my ex boyfriend was able to shimmy himself through there and break into my house. I wish I had a vid for proof and because it would prob be funny to see him slug his way through. I can fit through as a medium/small lady but I def didn't expect that!
Easy installation. However I didn't do the lock kit. If placed on the screen door railing I can open, close, and lock slider when needed. My pet learned quickly how to use and we haven't had any issues. Stays in place. I also love how it comes with the flap cover to close off access.
Incredibly easy to install
Love this pet door! It was so easy to install I didn't even need the directions. Matches my sliding glass door perfectly. Well made, too! Only took me about 5 hours in a span of 3 days to train my dog to use the door but she's a pro now!
This worked out perfect for me
Teddy enjoys being outside so much so this has been great for him. It was easy to install and with a little additional weather stripping it will be suitable for Minnesota weather
Great for Big dogs, not for small dogs or cats
I have an American Bulldog ( 100pds ), a Chihuahua & 2 cats. The door is amazing for my Bulldog, at first she was scared of the flap. Then got used to it after a day or so. But the cats haven't been able to go through, not only cause the flap is a bit heavy but their timid also. For small dogs, I think its a bit difficult for them to come back into the house because of the white piece at the bottom. My Chihuahua has to climb over it and its a bit difficult for him. just an fyi, overall great product. rain or shine.
WE PUT 2 OF THEM BACK TO BACK IN THE DOUBLE TRACK...TO CUT DOWN ON COLD AIR COMING IN BY FLAP DOOR THIS WINTER. IT WORKS SO FAT!
Awesome door to love the backyard life
Overall I’m very happy with this. Super easy to install, super easy for my cats to use, it took one try to push them thru it for them to figure out how the magnet flap worked. The only improvement I would make to it is better insulation. I think thick insulation strips for both side should be added because there are definitely gaps. The fault could be my sliding door’s but all I know is the black rubber border they provide doesn’t do much especially the glue wears out. But easy fix. I bought insulation strips to keep all the gaps sealed and keep bugs out
My Dalmatian and GoldenDoddle love it!
Good quality, and it works. Good size for my dogs. The two things you need to know are (1) mounting, had to modify the brackets to fit in my track. It was very shaky Until I used wood strips to fill the gaps to fit snug in my sliding glass door track. (2) My screen needed to close against a board so it would not block the dog door and have a large gap.Plus I wanted to use my existing door latch latch too. But they did provide a locking pin to latch the slider door.
Good for a couple of months
I was so excited to have found a dog door big enough for my Bernese Mountain Dogs! This fit well into the door way where my sliding glass door is. It worked GREAT for the first summer (2021). We took it down when winter hit, and when trying to put back up this spring, the top sliding piece that locked into place is totally broken. The springs came out, can’t reattach it. Very faulty design! Wish I hadn’t spent so much. I had a small one when they were puppies (different brand) and it worked flawlessly when removing for winter and putting back up.