PetSafe Sliding 81-in Glass Pet Door
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Allows your pet to come and go as he pleases, through your sliding glass or screen door.
- These panels feature a heavy-duty aluminum construction and shatter-resistant, tempered safety glass.
- Equipped with the energy-conserving UltraSeal flexible flap system designed to keep the heat and cold outdoors.
- Installation is easy, with no cutting required. Simply slide the panel into one end of your sliding door track, secure it to the frame, and add the weather stripping.
- Fits left or right sliding glass doors, 76 13/16 to 81 inches tall. Does not fit recessed sliding glass doors without additional hardware.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- PetSafe 96-in Sliding Glass Pet Door, Large$269.95Chewy Price$269.99List Price
- Ideal Pet Products Aluminum Modular Pet Patio Doors, White, X-Large$197.48Chewy Price$225.87List Price
- PetSafe Extreme Weather Sliding Glass Cat & Dog Door, White, Medium$324.95Chewy Price$324.99List Price
- Sliding Glass Pet Door, 2-Piece, Large$274.95Chewy Price
- High Tech Pet Products Large Power Automatic Sliding Glass Pet Patio Door, White, Regular$769.99Chewy Price$929.99List Price
- High Tech Pet Products Medium Power Automatic Sliding Glass Pet Patio Door, White, Regular$729.99Chewy Price$879.99List Price
- High Tech Pet Products PX-2 Power Pet Fully Automatic Pet Door$449.99Chewy Price$539.99List Price
- Ideal Pet Products Designer Series Ruff-Weather Pet Door, Tinted, Super Large$149.10Chewy Price$165.00List Price
- High Tech Pet Products Armor Flex Airtight Extreme Weather Magnetic Closure System Door Mount Pet Door, Large$399.99Chewy Price$479.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Aluminum, Plastic, Metal||Aluminum, Plastic, Metal||Aluminum, Plastic, Metal||Plastic, Vinyl / PVC||Aluminum, Metal|
|Breed Size||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||Giant Breeds||Giant Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds|
Questions & Answers
91 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
574 Customer Reviews
Awesome door to love the backyard life
Overall I’m very happy with this. Super easy to install, super easy for my cats to use, it took one try to push them thru it for them to figure out how the magnet flap worked. The only improvement I would make to it is better insulation. I think thick insulation strips for both side should be added because there are definitely gaps. The fault could be my sliding door’s but all I know is the black rubber border they provide doesn’t do much especially the glue wears out. But easy fix. I bought insulation strips to keep all the gaps sealed and keep bugs out
My Dalmatian and GoldenDoddle love it!
Good quality, and it works. Good size for my dogs. The two things you need to know are (1) mounting, had to modify the brackets to fit in my track. It was very shaky Until I used wood strips to fill the gaps to fit snug in my sliding glass door track. (2) My screen needed to close against a board so it would not block the dog door and have a large gap.Plus I wanted to use my existing door latch latch too. But they did provide a locking pin to latch the slider door.
Good for a couple of months
I was so excited to have found a dog door big enough for my Bernese Mountain Dogs! This fit well into the door way where my sliding glass door is. It worked GREAT for the first summer (2021). We took it down when winter hit, and when trying to put back up this spring, the top sliding piece that locked into place is totally broken. The springs came out, can’t reattach it. Very faulty design! Wish I hadn’t spent so much. I had a small one when they were puppies (different brand) and it worked flawlessly when removing for winter and putting back up.
Our two cats love it! The door flap is of a dark color instead of it being clear or see-thru and it took a bit for our two cats to actually use the door. We have a siamese which weighs approx .11lbs and an American Shorthair which weighs approx. 7lbs they have no problem going thru the door flap.
Doesn’t fit patio door
The dog door is exactly the same size as my door therefore we cannot squeeze it into place using the spring loaded spacer is of no use . Even removing the spring loaded spacer and it will not fit the door ? Has anyone successfully retro-fit the door ? What can I do?
Great, until you need to replace the flap!
I found this door to be fine, and I especially like that the dog opening is set lower than on my previous door, so it's easier for small or elderly pets to use. Most at this price range are pretty much the same otherwise. The problem came when I needed to replace the flap. Nightmare! You have to remove the existing screws, and 3 of the 5 had the drive in the head completely misshapen - like whoever installed them ground them into a non-useable shape. They're very small and trying to use a tiny screwdriver to remove was impossible. I had to use a needle point pliers to remove them. And do you get a set of screws with the new flap? No you don't! How much would it have cost PetSafe to include 5 tiny screws with a new flap? So I went to the hardware store to get replacements for the 3 that were mangled, and the rest of the removal went smoothly. Now when you put the new flap in is when you have your next problem. There are no guidelines and there is about 1/4" of top space you can use. The flap doesn't fit in any holes... it's up to you to decide where in that 1/4" you want to place the top of the flap. And then, because the flap is in the middle of the panel as the panel lies flat, there is nothing to support the flap, making getting it straight a guessing game. As it happened, I set the flap slightly too low in the space, and so it buckles when the panel is upright. All in all, flap replacement for me was exhausting and unsatisfactory, and it was the determining factor to try another brand.
LOVE this insert
I absolutely love this sliding glass door insert. It gives my dog the freedom to run outside to play or sun bathe whenever he likes. Also, when he refuses to go outside before bed, he’s able to run into the back yard in the middle of the night instead of waking us up. It took a lot of patience to teach him to use the door (about 3 months) but it was well worth it. The only negative is that the more he uses the doggie door, the wider a crack between the insert and our door frame opens, allowing air out of the house. Our 90lb Rottie drags his feet, which likely exasperates the problem. We haven’t noticed much of a difference in our air bill though, so we just check the door every so often to make sure it is as shut as possible.
Best Purchase Ever!
We are very pleased with the quality, ease of installing, speedy arrival, and price of this doggy door. It is attractive when viewed from outside or inside. Our dog, Skye, took to it immediately. Kind of funny that such a purchase would improve our quality of life; but, it really has. Thanks so much for offering it.
It appears to be decently made but as some of the other reviews have mentioned, it comes with issues. There is very little insulation, it inhibits the locking mechanism on our patio door, and it does not fit perfectly or come with weather stripping for the sides of the door. Ultimately we will be returning because I was expecting more for such a high price tag.
Love the Slider Door
My new slider door is such a great quality. It fits perfectly, easy to install and keeps the elements out. I had another one I got at a Big Box store that was not as good a product as the one I got at Chewy.com. I would recommend it.