PetSafe Spray Shield Animal Deterrent Spray
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Powerful citronella spray deters low to moderately agitated dogs without increasing aggression
- Safer alternative to pepper spray for preventing dog attacks without harmful blow-back that can incapacitate the user
- Spray solution has been found to be extremely safe and poses no danger to animals or humans, spray interrupts a dog’s behavior and distracts the animal because of its strong spray stream and unique odor
- Compact can with handy belt/pocket clip
- Full can will spray up to a 10-foot stream continuously for up to 12 seconds
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Sentry Stop That! Noise & Pheromone Dog Spray, 1 oz (New)$17.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$17.09Autoship Price
- Coastal Pet Products Behavior Coach Dog Training Tool$10.49Chewy Price
- Petdiary Dog Deterrent Spray Refill, 3-oz bottle$9.99Chewy Price
- Emmy's Best Pet Products Stop The Chewy 3X Strength Anti-Chew Bitter Dog Spray, 8-oz bottle$16.95Chewy Price$19.95List Price$16.10Autoship Price
- MyPet Safety Paws Door Paw-Tector for Dog & Cat, Gray$7.99Chewy Price$9.99List Price
- The Company of Animals Pet Corrector Dog Training Aid, 30-mL$10.59Chewy Price$11.99List Price
- PetSafe SSSCAT Deterrent Dog & Cat Spray Replacement Can, 3.89-oz bottle$16.95Chewy Price$21.99List Price$16.10Autoship Price
- Mighty Paw Smart Bell 2.0 Potty Training Dog Doorbell, White, 1 count$34.99Chewy Price$40.00List Price
- DealCLAWGUARD Original Door Scratch Shield, 43 x 18 in$25.95Chewy Price$29.95List Price
- PeeDar 2.0 UV LED Flashlight Urine Detector$19.90Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Lifestage||Puppy, Adult, Senior||Puppy, Kitten, Adult, Senior||Adult||Adult||Adult|
|Material||Stainless Steel, Metal||Stainless Steel, Metal||—||—||—|
|Breed Size||—||—||—||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||—|
|Top Ingredients||—||—||—||—||Water, Polysorbate, Nonionic Surfactant...|
Questions & Answers
11 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
109 Customer Reviews
I like it alot
I like it a lot but unfortunately it slipped off my treat pouch and fell into the road and a car ran it over but that’s not the products fault it is really amazing product and it makes me feel 100 times safer
Love this stuff
I work at a doggy daycare where we have to have these on us at all times and I really appreciate them. To be honest whenever a fight happens my first instinct is to just grab them and pull them apart so personally, I don’t use the citronella much. I do know a dog trainer we work with who uses it ALL THE TIME though and he loves it. It does deter fights in most cases unless they’re really in a severe fight where they cannot be broken up. I would recommend using the spray first bc it’s an easy and quick way to get them to stop, and reaching in can get you very hurt. I always just end up sticking my hands in and grabbing dogs but I will tell everyone else to use the spray!!! Our trainer also uses it on the more reactive dogs bc he says it has a calming effect on them. It’s completely pet and human safe, i’ve seen this man spray himself in the face with citronella before to show people it doesn’t harm the dogs. He also likes to rub it on himself sometimes if the dogs tend to jump or nip. I would say to definitely have one of these no matter if you’re a dog owner or you go to the park or not. It can be extremely helpful.
Stay outta trouble
I don't leave the house without SprayShield. It's about 50/50 on breaking up a really aggressive dog fight (I've had to use about 6 times over last 8 years) but always keeps that loose dog from approaching when I'm walking a "selective" or "reactive" shelter dog. Usually, just a short shot or line across the ground is enough. I wish we could send a can home with every adopter.
Neighbors let their BIG dogs run loose, they charge at my little Jack Russells and scare them to bits. Just a little tap towards them with this repellent and no more problem. I don’t want to hurt the big guys but don’t want them to get a chance to get my Babies. I gave one of these to my elderly neighbor so she wouldn’t be afraid to check her mailbox because these same BIG dogs tried attacking her. And yes we have all called animal control, but that’s another story. We are safe because of these little canisters of citronella! Thank you.
Feeling secure to carry it with me in our neighborhood
It sprays on a longer distance than a regular pepper spray and is under higher pressure which is good. I had to use a regular pepper spray once so I can compare. The regular pepper spray was not a good experience at all. I had to come really close to reach the dogs with the stream and then My dog was all sticky and brown where she was sprayed and was miserable until I washed her with shampoo at home. Fortunately I didn’t have to use this spray in a real situation yet.But I know that it would be working much more efficiently and be safer for the dogs than a pepper spray. Definitely worth having it on me all the time for being prepared, for peace in mind. In our neighborhood there are lots of free roaming dogs.
Pet Spray Shield
I found this to be a complete waste of money. The spray lasted maybe 3 seconds and did not deter dogs.
Not Happy with product
Had to use for a moment and it lasted for about 10 seconds before it stopped.
Did not work for me
Might work in some cases, pit bill grapped my dog through opening in fence, sprayed whole can in his eyes, was hoping he would flench and release my dog, not the case took owner some time to get him to let go.
Get this for your dogs!!!!!!
I just came back from a walk and my puppy and my mom were about to be attacked from a bully pit! We were walking and out of nowhere, that dog came running FAST. His chest was puffed up and he just had the look of wanting to attack something. He came running to us and my mom picked up my 6-month lab puppy and hid behind a car. I took care of the bully pit! I was about 6 feet away from the dog and rapidly switched the lock and sprayed him until he moved. Straight in the eyes! The dog went around the car to look at my mom and puppy and I was ready to spray him again until he ran to another street. As he left, he shook his head. I never heard of this deterrent until my dog trainer told me to get it. I don't believe what I just did! It for sure was a fight or flight moment and the dog mom definitely came out. I am stocking up on bottles since the bottle I have is now half empty.
Did not work to stop pit mix
Obviously it depends on the dog, but this had no effect on my pit mix who was fighting with my other dog.