Petstages Rainy Day Puzzle & Play Cat Toy
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- The purr-fect toy for curious cats, this toy helps encourage their natural foraging instincts as they bat the pegs and swat the rain drops to find the hidden treats.
- You can even replace your cat’s bowl with this puzzle to help slow down her eating habits. This puzzle can hold up to ¼ cup of food.
- Helps keep your furry BFF busy with 14 hidden treat compartments. Place the treats in the cups when she’s just starting out and for added difficulty, place them in the hole of the peg piece.
- Made from only food safe materials and 100% free from BPA, PVC and phthalate.
- There are no removable parts for safer play.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Key to My Heart Interactive Scratching Cat Toy with Catnip$19.98Chewy Price
- TRIXIE Mad Scientist Turn Around Activity Strategy Game Cat Toy$16.99Chewy Price$22.99List Price
- Petstages Melon Madness Puzzle & Play Cat Toy$11.98Chewy Price$21.99List Price
- Catit Senses Treat Maze Cat Toy$10.99Chewy Price
- TRIXIE Activity Fun Board 5-in-1 Activity Strategy Game Cat Toy$27.90Chewy Price$38.99List Price
- TRIXIE Brain Mover Activity Strategy Game Cat Toy$14.99Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- TRIXIE Cat Activity Flip Board Cat Toy$12.60Chewy Price$14.99List Price
- Petstages Buggin' Out Puzzle & Play Cat Toy$19.99Chewy Price$21.99List Price
- Catit Design Senses Circuit Cat Toy, Play$15.39Chewy Price$22.99List Price
- Catit Play Spinning Bee Interactive Cat Toy$15.90Chewy Price$39.99List Price
- Fat Cat Big Mama's Makin' Biscuits Boogie Mat Cat Toy with Catnip$14.99Chewy Price$15.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Wood||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic|
|Toy Feature||Outdoor, Training, Exercise||Catnip||Catnip||Training||Training|
|Toy Type||Games & Puzzles||Games & Puzzles, Mice Toys||Games & Puzzles||Games & Puzzles||Games & Puzzles|
Questions & Answers
2 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
79 Customer Reviews
Disappointing Compared to other Petstages Puzzles
Joey loved his watermelon themed Petstages puzzle so much but he achieved the learning curve so quickly that it got too easy for him! I decided to buy him this one since it stated that it was “level 3”. However, certain design features prohibit Joey from actually successfully using this puzzle much of the time. For instance, the raindrop shaped treat covers sink down too far into the treat cups and get stuck which was never an issue with the last puzzle. Likewise, the raindrop covers swing into one another and sometimes it even takes me a second to figure out how to get them back to their original placements. And perhaps most importantly, the big turning wheel gets stuck and doesn’t turn smoothly enough for Joey to use his nose or paws to shift it all the way around. Ultimately, even though my genius kitty seems capable of understanding how to use this toy, many design aspects make it impossible for him to do so! I’ve even tried to tinker with it to improve it to no avail. Disappointing since his last Petstages puzzle was such a hit but was no longer intellectually stimulating for him. This seemed like it would have been perfect but was much more cheaply made.
I found it hard and im still trying to solve it
My human says I am kind of average intelligence compared to some of the other cats he's had in his life before. This thing is kinda hard for me. I love treats though so I try and get as many as I can figure out. I'm kind of lazy so I go for the easy ones. Every day I try to get them all. I get frustrated and bored trying to get the hard ones and would rather wait until my human fills it up again. I like the parts I understand though because I like treats. It's the only toy I have that I play with every day.
My 2 cats love this!
I have 2 rescue cats; a one year old and a 14 year old. They both love this puzzle. They actually work on it at the same time. After they finish with taking the treats I then take the puzzle away and put it in a closet and take it out the next day or two so they don't get bored. Each time I take the puzzle out, they look forward to me loading it with the treats and then work on getting them out of the holes. They don't seem to get bored of it. I'm also going to purchase one or two other puzzles so I can change off.
Rainy Day Puzzle
I purchased two of these by mistake and Chewy was kind of enough to process a return for me for one, which I donated to a local shelter. I then kept the one I meant to buy. But it has been a disappointment unfortunately. My cat, who is pretty savvy, is unable to move the pieces in order to get to the treats. He tries, and tries, and he ends up getting very frustrated. I've tried many times to have him try again, I open it for him and show him how to do it. But he's unable to. I then put his food there, so see if that could be better. It wasn't. It gets stuck in the crevices of the toy and gets stuck there. I really thought it was cute, but unfortunately, I haven't used it after I saw how frustrated my cat got. I ended up buying a trixie one, which has worked out better.
My cat is smart but he is also very mischievous and very food motivated and he loves this! He was purring the whole time and laid down after the first time he used it because he was so tired. Also I beg for people to read the instructions on products like these!!! Animals aren’t going to get the gist of these things 100% the first time so they need encouragement and to be shown how they work. For my cat showing him how the doors worked and partially covering the treats at first motivated him a lot. A good brain exercise for smart and mischievous kitties.
Great puzzle for cats who love food
I have two cats and they love to eat. One of them is very smart and learned this puzzle quickly! She can even do the wheel. They get so excited when I pull out this toy. I wish it was a little more challenging since they learned it in only a couple uses. I will say the food can get stuck in the seams a bit, but I was able to dislodge stuck food with a palette knife.
My cat BEGS for me to put food in it
Do you have a cat that gets bored easily? My kitty constantly wants to play. This puzzle keeps her mind active and entertained. She loves it when I watch her unlock the food. Definitely worth it. **It's not for all cats though** I have another cat who is shy and mostly independent. Even though she likes the food, she doesn't attempt to unlock it. Only get for hyper cats.
Two of my cats love this with the snacks inside. My youngest cat has no interest. My oldest female went right over and figured out all but the spinner in 5 minutes. My boy loves it and it takes him longer to get the treats.
Slows down eating
We use this specifically for one cat who gobbles up food so fast. So, we add crunchy treats into this toy, to curb her appetite between meals. She can't figure out how to move the big round piece to uncover her treats, but she figured out the sliders and clear rotating covers. It's a winner for one of my three cats.
My cats love it
They've even learned the sound it makes when I pick it up to fill it, and come running. I like that there are different levels of challenge depending where you hide the treats. It's really well made and I expect it to last a long time!