Pioneer Pet SmartCat Unscented Clumping Grass Cat Litter
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- With SmartCat All Natural Litter, “No smell-can’t tell” is what your home would say if it could talk! This litter is formulated and manufactured to provide excellent odor control.
- SmartCat All Natural Litter clumps so fast and hard that odors don’t have a chance to escape. No irritating fragrances or perfumes are used.
- Smart Cat Natural Litter absorbs and forms very hard strong clumps, making scooping and cleaning the litter box quick and easy.
- SmartCat All Natural Litter is 99% dust free. With virtually no dust, SmartCat Natural Litter provides a healthier cleaner litter box environment for all members of the household.
- SmartCat All Natural Litter has a creamy sand-like texture to give the product a clean and pure look that minimizes tracking. This litter is virtually dust free to minimize respiratory problems for cats and their parents.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Natural Unscented Clumping Grass Cat Litter, 20-lb bag$29.09Chewy Price$27.64Autoship Price
- Naturally Fresh Multi-Cat Fresh Unscented Clumping Walnut Cat Litter, 26-lb bag$24.97Chewy Price$31.99List Price$23.72Autoship Price
- Frisco Natural Lightly Scented Clumping Grass Cat Litter, 20-lb bag$28.49Chewy Price$27.07Autoship Price
- DealNaturally Fresh Unscented Clumping Walnut Cat Litter, 26-lb bag$21.99Chewy Price$29.99List Price$20.89Autoship Price
- Garfield Cat Litter Super Clump Unscented Clumping Corn Cat Litter, 10-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
- DealNaturally Fresh Multi-Cat Unscented Clumping Walnut Cat Litter, 14-lb bag$14.13Chewy Price$19.99List Price$13.42Autoship Price
- DealNaturally Fresh Herbal Attraction Scented Clumping Walnut Cat Litter, 14-lb bag$14.83Chewy Price$19.99List Price$14.09Autoship Price
- Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Touch of Outdoors Unscented Clumping Clay & Natural Prairie Grasses Cat Litter, 40-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$23.99List Price$18.99Autoship Price
- Okocat Mini Pellets Unscented Clumping Wood Cat Litter, 22.2-lb box$21.89Chewy Price$23.99List Price$20.80Autoship Price
- sWheat Scoop Multi-Cat Unscented Natural Clumping Wheat Cat Litter, 25-lb bag$28.85Chewy Price$34.76List Price$27.41Autoship Price
- Okocat Super Soft Clumping Wood Unscented Cat Litter, 16.7-lb box$20.99Chewy Price$23.99List Price$19.94Autoship Price
- Frisco Tofu Clumping Cat Litter, 7-lb bag$18.73Chewy Price$17.79Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Litter Feature||Clumping, Unscented, Odor Control, Dust Free, Eco-Friendly||Clumping, Unscented, Multi-Cat...||Clumping, Scented, Multi-Cat, Natural||Clumping, Odor Control, Multi-Cat, Unscented, Dust Free||Clumping, Odor Control, Flushable, Unscented, Eco-Friendly|
Questions & Answers
30 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
656 Customer Reviews
Works great, but tracks a lot and is super sticky
I love how natural this stuff smells. I love how it covers up poop odors better than pine pellets where the poop just sits on top and smells (because the cats cover it up). I love how light this stuff is. I love how our one cat who won't go near pine pellets will use the cat box again. It's got all the positives of sand litter but it's so much lighter and easier to deal with. The two downsides are the cats track little bits of it out of the box and all over the room around it. I find little grass pellets 10' away from the box, and a ton at the entrance on the ground. And when the cats pee, it clumps in a super sticky way to the side of the catbox and it actually takes a fair bit of work to pry the clumps off the side of the catbox. It's doable, but a bit of a hassle. The photo below is basically 2 days without cleaning the floor, with 1 cat using the box regularly. I just need to get in the habit of dustbustering the entrance / floor daily. All in all, I love it, but wish it didn't track so much.
Only one problem
The good: Best clumping of any little I've ever used. Lowest dust of any litter I've ever used. Natural smell of the grass clippings is pleasant. Good order control. The bag is really light compair to clay litter. The bad: Since the litter is really light it sticks to my cat's paws and gets dragged all over the house. I was able to resolve this by setting up the litter boxes in a way that my cats have to walk over the litter mats. I also have a robot vacuum that cleans twice a day in the areas with litter boxes. Otherwise I probably wouldn't use this litter.
Too lite for my cats
The litter is so light that my cats were throwing the litter out of the box. Plus it sticks to the fur. I have litter everywhere! Now, male cats pees on the Matt because he hates going into the box. Chewy did refund the 2 bags left and unopened. I was instructed to dedicate it to the nearest shelter. That was done today. This has a nice scent but it’s not for them. Went back to the old one! The reason I tried this was because my fur sitter was having a hard time carrying 40lb bags into the house. So now, it’s 20lb bags.
Actually the worst litter
I bought this expensive litter to try a more natural option after using clay my whole life. My 2 cats transitioned immediately which was promising. After the first use my entire apartment smelled like feces and the litter tracked to every end of my space. One of my cats is a medium-hair and the litter stuck in her fur because of how fine and light it is (which tracked it literally everywhere). I don't want to sweep and vacuum every time one of my cats uses the bathroom. When I come home from work I have to sweep or I will be stepping on litter. The only positive is that it clumped and did not have moths like other reviews have stated. It's Summer, my house is hot, it smells unbearable, the ground is covered in grass, and I want to die. Please dear God let me out of this hellscape I just want to come home from my 10 hour shift and be happy.
My foster uses this litter so I opted to continue with this since the kitten was used to it. So far I have not had no any smells. This is great. But that’s all I can that’s positive about it. At first I wasn’t sure if the moths I was finding was from the litter. But now I’m sure it is since reading other Reviews saying they too found moths! Definitely don’t like this! Then the litter is so so fine he tracks it out every where. I’m finding it on him as well as all over the house! I never had this using other litter. I’m going to start adding a different brand slowly, switching over to it entirely. Some reviews have noted the tracking too , but saying they don’t mind it because it vacuums up easily. Really? Who wants litter tracked all over their house? I think it’s rather disgusting. Finding a little outside litter box is expected. I don’t recommend this litter.
almost a good litter, but absurd amount of tracking
i've been on a quest for a low-dust, low-track litter for years and years. i recall swheat scoop turning into cement. can't remember why corn was a bust. pine pellets came close, but sifting is such a pain, and reviews for clumping pine/wood litters are so poor i hesitate to bother trying them. different combos of clay litters mixed together made them semi-tolerable, but i still wanted something non-clay. i had irrationally high hopes for this grass litter, and initially it seemed pretty good -- lightweight, mild natural scent, virtually no dust, and upon use seemed to clump quite well. HOWEVER... this litter is so light and airy that it flies/floats/sticks/tracks EVERYWHERE (including up onto the cats' backs and heads). i mean, i have four types (no joke) of xl tracking mats in front of and leading away from two litter boxes -- a wide runway that's over 10' long -- and yet this litter was still promptly tracked beyond the runway to the far corners of the house, trails of light-colored bits leading from the litter room through the kitchen and living room and down the hall and right up to my bed. it's absolutely bonkers. i clean the boxes daily and am used to sweeping near them a couple of times a day, but to keep up with these grass bits i'd have to sweep a dozen times a day or more, literally after every single trip by either cat. i've already devoted a good amount of my living space to the litter boxes, but trying to keep this litter off floors that are nowhere near the boxes seems like it would be a full-time job. very disappointing, as i think otherwise this litter could have been the answer, i just can't deal with seeing these little bits everywhere triggering my ocd. i wish i could make it work.
I was actually looking for more of a wheat based little and thought I'll give this a try. Well now I've got bugs of some kind in the little, not fruit flies either. Waste of money and I'm not wanting to take my chances on another bag
Not as advertised
I bought this litter due to the online statement that it clumps better than other litters and that it didn't track like other litters. Not true. I did clump however the clumps broke up just like other litters do and I found that my cat tracked the litter all over just as she does with other litters. I will not be buying this litter again. I am very disappointed as I was really looking forward to less tracked litter and easier cleaning of the litter box. I would not recommend this litter to anyone. I will be going back to my regular litter.
Cat loves it TOO much
So we liked this option because it was less dusty and it wasn’t stinky. Our orange boy likes to eat cat grass a lot…..so he also likes to eat the cat litter. Sadly we will be looking for other alternatives :/
Honestly pretty good!
This litter is honestly the best natural litter I’ve tried. It does track because it’s very small granules but that’s to be expected, it clumps well, doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan, and after cat sitting for some family members and comparing it to their popular Slide clay litter, the grass litter is FAR superior, I was gagging changing the clay litter! The grass litter has no harsh smells which is amazing and does a pretty good job with odor control.