PlexiDor Performance Pet Doors Dog Door Installation, X-LargeBy PlexiDor Performance Pet Doors
About This Item
- This dog door is sized for furry friends weighing 100 to 220 pounds."
- Manufactured in the USA and features saloon-style acrylic doors with a heavy-duty construction—designed to be chew-proof and nearly indestructible.
- The high-density weather seal helps with energy efficiency by keeping heat and cool air from escaping.
- Durable and sturdy aluminum frame blends nicely with the inside of your home.
- Includes a cylinder lock, key and steel security plate to protect your home while you’re away.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Giant Breeds||Large Breeds||Medium Breeds||Medium Breeds||Giant Breeds|
|Material||Aluminum, Acrylic||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum||Acrylic, Aluminum|
Questions & Answers
4 Customer Questions
Cana this door keep my cats from going outside? I want my mastiff to have freedom going in and out and my cats to stay indoors!
Answer by • Sep 30, 2021
A determined cat, small dog or puppy can push through the springs tension of the Medium and Large Plexidors and can be opened, in most cases. However, the X-Large Plexidor may be a challenge for the smaller animals.
How strong are the magnets or whatever keeps it shut? I have a cat that has figured out the flap doors.
Answer by • Jun 04, 2021
The PlexiDor XL does not use magnets to keep the dog door panels closed. The door has springs at the top of the panels that bring the door panels back to closed each time the pet goes through the door. In testing it was found that the doors will stay closed up to about 30 miles per hour wind. There are customers who have cats and giant breed dogs both using this size door. It is not too hard for small pets to push open. However, some pets may require some time to get used to using the door.
I know flaps can bend or be chewed (giving insects easy access), do these fit snug or blow open?
Answer by • Apr 06, 2021
The panels open smoothly with a gentle push and close tightly automatically. This pet door features a lock, key and security plate. It keeps unwanted guests out of your home.
What kind of winds can this hold up to? I thought I remembered reading 30mph somewhere.
Answer by • Dec 28, 2020
They have a spring that keeps them closed up to wind speeds of 30 miles per hour.
Be the first to recommend this product.