Precision Pet Products Extreme Outback Log Cabin Dog House
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Large Breeds||Medium Breeds|
About This Item
- Made with solid wood construction so you won't have to be worried about your precious furry friend being in danger
- Sealed with weather-resistant coating and features a rain resistant roof with durable weather liner
- Features self-leveling, water-resistant plastic feet
- Slant roof design with black asphalt shingles for better protection
- Off-center entrance provides increased shelter from the elements and allows your pet to turn around inside more easily
Click here for the Log Cabin Floor Pad.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Dome Dog House$124.99Chewy Price
- TRIXIE Natura Classic Dog House with Weatherproof Finish, Elevated Floor, Large$160.99Chewy Price$191.99List Price
- MidWest Eillo Folding Outdoor Wood Dog House, Beige, Small$146.99Chewy Price$169.99List Price
- TRIXIE Natura Flat Roof Club Dog House, Small/Medium$109.19Chewy Price$131.99List Price
- MidWest Ferplast Villa Dog Kennel with Folding Porch, Small$86.98Chewy Price$134.99List Price
- Frisco Craftsman Wooden Outdoor Dog House, Brown, Medium$229.99Chewy Price
- EcoSMART Bonita Pet Dog House, Green$59.99Chewy Price
- Merry Products Room with a View Wood Dog & Cat House$99.00Chewy Price
- Aspen Pet Petbarn 3 Plastic Dog House, 50-90 lbs$129.99Chewy Price$168.99List Price
- Frisco Modern Wooden Outdoor Dog House, White, Medium$274.99Chewy Price
Questions & Answers
27 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
221 Customer Reviews
Here's how you work it!
My dog is large, 75 lbs. To make this doghouse work for your pet do NOT install the flooring. My dog was traumatized after her first step inside being real shaky. It's not sturdy enough for a large dog but buy a kennel deck floor to put the house on top of. Add a nice mat inside and that's it! It took some coaxing but my dog loves it. I like the size, shape, etc.
Not extreme at all
Really thin flimsy construction. I bought the large size that says it can support a 95 lb dog. My 50 pound dog makes the floor bow. I’m afraid he’s going to fall through it. If I would have known it was this crappy I would have just bought some real lumber and built one myself.
I was a little disappointed because mine came with a chip in the wood right in the front and it was also missing the feet that go on the bottom. I would have returned it but it was too big and heavy so I kept it. The broken piece isn’t that noticeable I am going to paint it black which will help. I love it other than that and my doggie does too. If it didn’t have the chip and also had the feet I’d be 100% happy.
Perfect. This is the biggest size with two of my dogs in it. Also if anyone was wondering; yes, some assembly was required, but only took like 30 minutes and was pretty simple. Wood was also a bit thinner than I expected but it should be fine.
The first rain my dog was soaked, the floor fell out of it and it blew over. It’s just very cheaply made, if I could send it back I would!
dog house is bad quality
The quality is very poor 。The part is broken。The customer service is poor. The customer service is Susan. Not only don't return it to me, also hang up the phone. When did chewy become so bad?
I wouldn't use the word extreme
Like others say, it's a little lacking in sturdiness, supports help. I don't like that the bottom slats have open spaces allowing cold air to come in. It's spacious, but also think the door can be a little smaller to keep less air from coming in. The legs flat out suck. They don't attach, so it's just sitting on them. If it gets knocked into it comes off at least 1 of the legs. I'm going to insulate and put a heater pad under carpet on the bottom bc this thing is not for extreme weather in the slightest. Not that it's a bad thing, but it's more reddish than shown in pic. It's cute, has a nice cedar smell, & only took 15 mins to put together, so it has some perks.
Needs more support on the bottom
My dog really loves her house, but when the bottom started cracking because of her weight, we added a 2 x 4 underneath so it would stabilize the floor. So now she's not afraid to go in it anymore! One more support on the bottom across the width in the middle is what the engineers missed, as the weight of larger dogs makes the floor break loose and crack if not supported.
Nice for mild dogs
It is a nice house. It is not as durable as I was hoping. The top is not as strong as I would like it to be Over all it is a decent house for an inactive dog
Our two dogs love the new house! We did have to add covers to the corners as one of our dogs is a chewer and we put a fuzzy rug for comfort but it is plenty spacious for our 100lbs Lab and 56lbs Pitty to both fit comfortably on a chilly day. It looks great on our deck.