Primal Rabbit Formula Nuggets Grain-Free Raw Freeze-Dried Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Made with antibiotic, hormone and steroid-free rabbit meat and organs, along with fresh ground bone for calcium supplementation.
- Incorporates certified organic produce, certified organic minerals and unrefined vitamins to fortify the complete and balanced nutrition for all life stages.
- All the benefits of a raw ancestral diet in a highly-palatable, freeze-dried form that’s fast and easy to serve.
- Optimum levels of amino acids (protein), essential fatty acids, natural-occurring enzymes and necessary vitamins and minerals supply the building blocks for healthy biological functions.
- Crafted in the USA with sustainably-sourced ingredients and contains no grain, gluten, corn, wheat or soy.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Primal Duck Formula Nuggets Grain-Free Raw Freeze-Dried Cat Food, 14-oz bag, bundle of 2$88.88Chewy Price$84.44Autoship Price
- Purpose Carnivore Chicken Freeze-Dried Cat Food, 9-oz bag$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
- Nulo FreeStyle Chicken & Salmon Recipe Freeze-Dried Raw Cat Food, 3.5-oz bag$12.99Chewy Price$12.34Autoship Price
- The New Zealand Natural Pet Food Co. Meow Wild Brushtail Grain-Free Freeze-Dried Cat Food, 9-oz bag$34.50Chewy Price$38.99List Price
- Vital Essentials Turkey Dinner Patties Grain-Free Limited Ingredient Freeze-Dried Cat Food, 8-oz bag$18.49Chewy Price$17.57Autoship Price
- Feline Natural Beef & Hoki Feast Grain-Free Freeze-Dried Cat Food, 11-oz bag$35.69Chewy Price$33.91Autoship Price
- Feline Natural Booster Lamb Green Tripe Freeze-Dried Cat Food Topper, 2-oz bag$14.69Chewy Price$13.96Autoship Price
- Vital Essentials Duck Mini Nibs Freeze-Dried Cat Food, 12-oz bag$33.29Chewy Price$31.63Autoship Price
- Feline Natural Lamb & King Salmon Feast Grain-Free Freeze-Dried Cat Food, 11-oz bag$35.69Chewy Price$33.91Autoship Price
- Instinct Original Grain-Free Recipe with Real Salmon Freeze-Dried Raw Coated Dry Cat Food, 4.5-lb bag$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- Nulo FreeStyle Turkey & Duck Recipe Freeze-Dried Raw Cat Food, 3.5-oz bag$12.99Chewy Price$12.34Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Rabbit (with ground bone), Rabbit Livers, Organic Kale...||Pork Hearts, Ground Pork Bones, Pork Livers...||Venison, Venison Hearts, Ground Venison Bones...||Beef Hearts, Ground Beef Bones, Beef Livers...||New: Duck (with ground bone), Duck Livers, Organic Pumpkin Seeds...|
|Special Diet||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...|
|Food Flavor||Rabbit, Meat||Pork, Meat||Venison, Meat||Salmon, Beef, Meat, Seafood & Fish||Duck, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
16 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
123 Customer Reviews
Rabbit nuggets are inconsistent
My cat loves this food. I alternate with rabbit and venison and he’s been on this diet for about 2 years. I can’t speak to an overall formula change like the other reviewers because 9/10 bags of the rabbit food are consistent and my cat licks the bowl clean. However, every once in a while, we get a rabbit bag with darker nuggets that my cat refuses to eat. We have to throw the bag away, $45 in the garbage. I’ve reached out to the company about this more than once and their response was super unhelpful and did not acknowledge any kind of variation in their formula from time to time. It’s so frustrating. For the price of this food, they need to figure out a way to keep it consistent.
good ingredients, but expensive
Bought the 5.5 oz bag and there were 20 full nuggets in the bag plus one piece of a nugget. I feed this alongside wet canned food, so I feed my cat 1 nugget per day. He can only eat rabbit meat, so I’m happy about this. Only downside is that it’s quite expensive. He is 5 lbs and if he was only eating this, according to his caloric needs, he would need 5 nuggets a day. That means it would cost around 5$ per day for him, which is why I use this just as a topping.
No formula change per Primal's Customer Service 6-15-22
I read a few reviews here regarding a formula change so I contacted Primal's customer service via email this morning and received this reply. "I can confirm that we have not changed any of our recipes recently. Caloric data has been updated on our bags to reflect more testing and averaging of this product. The new feeding guidelines are now recipe specific to the protein in the bag instead of an average of all recipes. This means the calorie content is now a more accurate starting point when determining appropriate feeding amounts for your pet. If your pet was doing well on a measured amount that differs from the new recommendations, you should absolutely continue to feed the amount that has been working for them. Feeding guidelines are always just a starting point and every individual pet is different. You’re always welcome to also check out our feeding calculator for a more specific recommendation. "
Excellent choice for required novel diet!
Skippy has to be on a novel diet due to dx of EGC. For a few years, was on another prescription diet which stopped production during pandemic. I chose rabbit as a novel diet, and Primal rabbit as first choice. He loves it! AND? He will not eat it wet, it has to be crumbled dry. Excellent quality, pricey but any more so than the prescription diet Skippy was on. Highly recommend as an alternative to pre digest foods, and easily obtainable.
My cat didn't like it
Tried so hard to feed my cat, but she didn't like it no matter it was dry or wet.
My cat Nala goes through different food every few months.. she gets picky and I need to change up her food. She likes rabbit so I go through 3 different types of rabbit food brands that are all freeze dried. The only thing I dont like about this rabbit is that its really hard so u have to smash it up well. Comparing this to vital essentials rabbit it comes in 2nd place. The stella and chewy brand of rabbit is 3rd place for me .
Not a Stella and Chewy's Dupe
It's a good quality product, but my cats just don't like it. I got this to replace the Stella and Chewy's Rabbit, which has been out of stock for a little while. They love S+C's, but won't touch this one. :(
My kitty loves these.
My kitty loves the pork, venison, chicken/salmon, rabbit, & turkey.
Raw Freeze-dried Rabbit
The rabbit was advertised as Raw Freeze-Dried but there are way too many other ingredients mixed in. My cat use to catches mice, rabbit, squirrel, moles and birds so she eats the real deal. She loves the Raw Freeze-dried Chicken, but not so much the rabbit; however, she will not eat cooked foods either.
Primal Rabbit Formula Nuggets Grain-Free Raw Freeze-Dried Cat Food
My cats love the rabbit. This is the first time with primal. It is expensive and I will use from time to time. It was a bit hit with all three cats.