Primal Venison Nuggets Grain-Free Raw Freeze-Dried Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Made with antibiotic, hormone and steroid-free venison meat and organs, along with fresh ground bone for calcium supplementation.
- Incorporates certified organic produce, certified organic minerals and unrefined vitamins to fortify the complete and balanced nutrition for all life stages.
- All the benefits of a raw ancestral diet in a highly-palatable, freeze-dried form that’s fast and easy to serve.
- Optimum levels of amino acids (protein), essential fatty acids, natural-occurring enzymes and necessary vitamins and minerals supply the building blocks for healthy biological functions.
- Crafted in the USA with sustainably-sourced ingredients and contains no grain, gluten, corn, wheat or soy.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Primal Pork Formula Nuggets Grain-Free Raw Freeze-Dried Cat Food, 14-oz bag$34.00Chewy Price$32.30Autoship Price
- Primal Chicken & Salmon Formula Nuggets Grain-Free Raw Freeze-Dried Cat Food, 14-oz bag, bundle of 2$67.96Chewy Price$64.56Autoship Price
- Instinct Frozen Raw Bites Grain-Free Cage-Free Chicken Recipe Cat Food, 1.25-lb bag$9.99Chewy Price$9.49Autoship Price
- The Honest Kitchen Dehydrated Turkey Grain-Free Cat Food, 4-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$55.36List Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Vital Essentials Pork Mini Nibs Freeze-Dried Raw Cat Food, 12-oz bag$23.49Chewy Price$22.32Autoship Price
- Vital Essentials Pork Dinner Patties Freeze-Dried Raw Cat Food, 8-oz bag$16.99Chewy Price$16.14Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Venison, Venison Hearts, Ground Venison Bones...||Rabbit (with ground bone), Rabbit Livers, Organic Kale...||Pork Hearts, Ground Pork Bones, Pork Livers...||Beef Hearts, Ground Beef Bones, Beef Livers...||New: Duck (with ground bone), Duck Livers, Organic Pumpkin Seeds...|
|Special Diet||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||Gluten Free, Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...|
|Food Flavor||Venison, Meat||Rabbit, Meat||Pork, Meat||Salmon, Beef, Meat, Seafood & Fish||Duck, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
11 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
72 Customer Reviews
I like the ingredients and it looks healthy but none of my cats will eat it. I put it down and hope they will eat, but they just walk around it until it’s dry and I have to throw it away. What a waste! I guess I will have to try something else.
Kitties love freeze-dried
All my kitties love this.. the only Kitty that could not eat it was my one with IBD do to the bones.. the others love it crumbled up over their wet food as a Topper. For some reason they wouldn't eat it once it was hydrated. it's hard to find novelty protein
Expensive but worth it (for me and cat) 5.5 oz package
I feed my Kitty a poultry free diet, she got bored with beef so I bought this. The nuggets were firm but breakable without water. I saw a review that stated that there was a lot of hide in the nuggets and that was NOT the case with my batch of nuggs. My cat is satisfied with this product. Although it is pricy, I personally find it worth the cost. The 5.5 oz came with 20 nuggets. Lastly, I believe these nuggets would be a great topper!
She loves it!
I have an allergy kitty that is sensitive to certain proteins. I love that Primal is single source, so this only contains Venison—which can be so hard to find! This product is difficult to crumble, but if I twist a nugget in half it becomes easier. I add quite a bit of warm water to the crumbled pieces, and my girl dives her face into the bowl at every meal.
Staple Meal Ingredient!
After 2 months of testing no complaints so far! Nezuko licks the bowl clean every time so this will definitely stay in our autoship order. Love the fast shipping and quality ingredients!
Pieces are TOO big.
Sure you soak it and break it down. But pieces are sooooooo big, it is not fun breaking it down. You need to break down so your cat's jaw doesn't slip of alignment or worse, break. This is a big issue for me. As for the quality, it is high quality. My cat is still getting used to this product. I see him accepting it fully in no time. I would recommend, as quality is one of the better ones.
one likes it, one does not. little too hard
Comparing to other primal nuggets with a different protein source, it’s hard to get crumbled into pieces, it takes time to Grindr using hands. And it takes longer to rehydrate due to its hardness.
picky cat loves it
This food is quite gamey smelling and makes me a little queasy, but my insanely picky cat loves it, so it's worth it. And the pellets are weirdly hard compared to the other Primal flavors, but I crumble them the best I can then add warm water and let sit for a few minutes, and both my cats (one of whom has four teeth) eat it without issue. Given that it's a healthy protein made by a reputable brand and both cats love it, I can forgive the inconveniences and will keep buying it, and hope that Chewy never stops carrying it.
Chocolate sprinkles for cats!
Both of my fussy cats love the venison and chicken-salmon flavor from Primal Nuggets. It truly is chocolate sprinkles for cats. If you're trying to coax your cat to eat, this will do it! I crumble it up dry, use it as a topping and they love it. But you can also add water.
GREAT additional protein source!
I’m so glad that venison is offered for freeze dried cat food. It’s so good to alternate protein sources for cats. In addition to the two feedings of wet food, I use it as a dry feed (instead of a less healthier kibble) for when I’m not home or able to feed him directly myself. (Of course my cat always has two clean sources of water in the house for any time he needs it) I cut the cubes up w a steak knife and fork and basically shred it. (Thinking of trying to shred in in a food processor also) Works really well with a feeder that has a timer. Thank you for offering this! :)