PureBites Salmon Freeze-Dried Raw Cat Treats
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Tasty treats made with just 1 ingredient – wild-caught human grade sockeye salmon.
- Freeze drying process removes only water, preserving nutrition.
- Each treat averages just 3 calories and is rich in protein and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
- Ideal for cats with health issues or kitties who are overweight, diabetic, who have allergies or gastrointestinal disorders or who are on a restricted diet.
- Made in the USA with no added preservatives.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- American Journey 100% Salmon Freeze-Dried Grain-Free Cat Treat, 2-oz bag$10.44Chewy Price$9.92Autoship Price
- PureBites Ocean Medley Freeze-Dried Raw Cat Treats, 0.77-oz bag$5.69Chewy Price$5.89List Price$5.41Autoship Price
- American Journey 100% Chicken Freeze-Dried Grain-Free Cat Treats, 2-oz bag$6.91Chewy Price$6.56Autoship Price
- Primetime Petz Hauspanther Grain-Free Freeze-Dried Raw Chicken Liver Cat Treats, 1.5-oz bag$7.99Chewy Price$8.99List Price
- Feline Natural Beef Healthy Bites Grain-Free Freeze-Dried Cat Treats, 1.76-oz bag$10.49Chewy Price$9.97Autoship Price
- Feline Natural Chicken Healthy Bites Grain-Free Freeze-Dried Cat Treats, 1.76-oz bag$10.49Chewy Price$9.97Autoship Price
- Meat Mates Beef Freeze-Dried Raw Cat Treats, 1.7-oz bag$8.49Chewy Price$8.07Autoship Price
- The New Zealand Natural Pet Food Co. Meow Duck Grain-Free Freeze-Dried Cat Treats, 1.76-oz bag$10.99Chewy Price$13.99List Price
- Walk About Grain-Free Freeze Dried Wild Boar Cat Treats, 2-oz bag$12.94Chewy Price$16.69List Price$12.29Autoship Price
- Walk About Grain-Free Freeze Dried Minnows Cat Treats, 1-oz bag$14.19Chewy Price$16.69List Price$13.48Autoship Price
- Nature's Diet Whitefish Raw Freeze-Dried Cat Treats, 1-oz pouch$9.99Chewy Price$9.49Autoship Price
- Meat Mates Lamb Freeze-Dried Raw Cat Treats, 1.7-oz bag$8.49Chewy Price$8.07Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||100% Pure Wild-Caught Human Grade Sockeye Salmon||100% Pure Wild-Caught & Made in USA Human Grade Pacific Ocean Whitefish....||Human Grade Wild-Caught Sockeye Salmon, Wild-Caught Yellowfin Tuna & Wild-Caught Shrimp....||100% Pure Wild-Caught & Made in USA Human Grade Shrimp||100% Pure USA Sourced & Made Human Grade Duck Liver|
|Special Diet||High-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Limited Ingredient Diet...||High-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Limited Ingredient Diet...||High-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Limited Ingredient Diet...||High-Protein, Limited Ingredient Diet, Grain-Free...|
|Food Flavor||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Seafood & Fish||Shrimp, Seafood & Fish||Shrimp, Seafood & Fish||Duck, Poultry|
|Food Form||Freeze-Dried, Treats||Freeze-Dried, Treats||Treats, Freeze-Dried||Treats, Freeze-Dried||Treats, Freeze-Dried|
Questions & Answers
12 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
515 Customer Reviews
No go for sensitive tummies
I have a cat with a sensitive stomach and he had a hard time keeping these down. I kept finding little piles of kitty barf with a strip of salmon skin in it after I would give him a piece. I also tried rehydrating a bit with some water mixed into his wet food, but that made an even bigger mess when it came back up. The pieces with the skin attached are hard as a rock, and I mean SOLID to the point I couldn’t break them apart with my bare hands. I'm not surprised it was irritating his stomach, I don’t know if he was even able to chew it much before swallowing. My other cat had no interest in even trying them. I gave them to a friend with 2 cats and a dog, hopefully one of his furbabies will like them!
Great but mostly crumbs
My cats LOVE these treats and go crazy over them, but honestly almost every bag I get ends up being either a third or half crumbs/dust, making it not a super great value. They’re great as a low carb/healthy cat snack - I just wish they weren’t so crumbly!
It was a miss for 3 cats
You never know till you try. This product was a miss for my 2 girls and a male cat I'm currently fostering. I'm going to see if the "community cats" that roam my neighborhood will eat this. Side note, a wonderful Chewy employee packed this & 2 other bags of freeze dried treats with a 22.5 lb box of litter so most of the treats are dust.
Feral cat loves
We adopted a somewhat feral cat. It's taken a few months to acclimate to us. But these treats seem to be helping. She loves them so much that she found her way to them and ripped the bag. They are now truly out of her reach. But they bring her out of hiding and allow for hand feeding.
she loves the fish flesh, but possibly sharp salmon skin???
My cat absolutely LOVES these. But I noticed that she has a hard time chewing the skin, and a few times shes even thrown it up (and then ate the treat again like cats do, but didn't eat the skin the 2nd time). When I cleaned up what was left, the skin was still stiff and her teeth hadn't punctured/torn it at all. Upon a closer look at the bag, I realized almost every piece has the salmon skin which, when freeze dried, becomes very, very stiff and doesn't disintegrate like freeze dried flesh; and because they are cut into rectangles, there are 4 sharp corners on almost every piece. I am really concerned that the skin was irritating her mouth and stomach, and that she was unable to chew and digest it properly because of the skin. BUT, the salmon meat itself was great, which is why I still buy them occasionally. Now I just peel the skin off of every. single. piece. before feeding them to her.
Good stuff, but not for my kitty
I thought I would try these since they looked pretty healthy, but when I told my vet about them she said they were too high in protein for my cat with kidney disease. So, although I’m sure it’s a great product, I had to stop giving him these immediately.
ok to mix with other treats
I tried this as a more affordable alternative to the Nacho brand salmon treats, but my cat did not like this brand so much, so I had to mix it with the other treats to get him to eat it.
chews through the bag!
My cat loves these treats! She chewed through the bag to get to them and now she brings it to me to open it for her. I’m excited for her to try the other flavors!
Crushed, hard, inedible
These were a combo of huge, dry chunks that were hard to break apart and just powder. My cat has never rejected a treat until now. The catnip flavor he at least licked but then ran off. This one wasn't even "lick"able. It was fine because there was so little treat with how much was completely crushed.
Freeze Dried Salmon
Both my cats and my dogs LOVE these treats. The only complaint I have with them is that the salmon skin on some of the pieces dries too hard for the cats.to chew, but aside from skinning the fish before freeze drying it, which is probably not feasible economically and is possibly impractical from a processing standpoint, it may be unavoidable.