Purina Pro Plan Adult Large Breed Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Glucosamine and EPA, an omega-3 fatty acid, help support your dog’s joint health and mobility.
- This high-protein recipe helps promote muscle conditioning when combined with proper exercise.
- Vitamin A and omega-6 fatty acids help nourish skin and coat health.
- Large breed dog food for adult dogs who weigh over 50 pounds.
- 100% complete and balanced nutrition for adult dogs.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- American Journey Active Life Formula Small Breed Chicken, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Adult Dry Dog Food, 14-lb bag$32.99Chewy Price$31.34Autoship Price
- dealPurina Pro Plan Adult Shredded Blend Beef & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 47-lb bag$83.48Chewy Price$86.49List Price$79.31Autoship Price
- American Journey Active Life Formula Small Breed Salmon, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Adult Dry Dog Food, 14-lb bag$32.99Chewy Price$31.34Autoship Price
- dealPurina Pro Plan 30/20 Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 50-lb bag$83.98Chewy Price$86.99List Price$79.78Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Sport Performance 30/20 Turkey, Duck & Quail Formula Dry Dog Food, 33-lb bag$65.50Chewy Price$79.99List Price$62.22Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Complete Essentials Shredded Blend Turkey & Rice Formula High Protein Dry Dog Food, 17-lb bag$45.68Chewy Price$48.69List Price$43.40Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Sport All Life Stages Active 26/16 Formula Dry Dog Food, 37.5-lb bag$61.85Chewy Price$58.76Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan 7+ Complete Essentials Shredded Blend Beef & Rice Formula High Protein Dog Food, 34-lb bag$63.55Chewy Price$68.99List Price$60.37Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Calm & Balanced Chicken & Rice Calming Dog Dry Food, 30-lb bag$73.98Chewy Price$76.99List Price$70.28Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Active 27/17 Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 37.5-lb bag$63.98Chewy Price$66.99List Price$60.78Autoship Price
- dealPurina Pro Plan Sport All Life Stages Performance 30/20 Salmon & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 33-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan All Life Stages Small Bites Lamb & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 37.5-lb bag$63.98Chewy Price$66.99List Price$60.78Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken, Rice, Corn Gluten Meal...||Chicken, Corn Gluten Meal, Rice...||Beef, Rice, Whole Grain Wheat...||Chicken, Cracked Pearled Barley, Whole Grain Wheat...||Chicken, Rice, Poultry By-product Meal (Source Of Glucosamine)...|
|Special Diet||High-Protein, Weight Control, With Grain||High-Protein, With Grain||High-Protein, High Fiber, With Grain||Natural, With Grain||High-Protein, With Grain|
|Health Feature||Hip & Joint Support, Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health...||High-Energy, Immune Support, Dental & Breath Care...||Appetite Stimulation, Immune Support, Skin & Coat Health...||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals||Appetite Stimulation, Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health...|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Small Breeds, Extra Small Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Beef, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
47 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
594 Customer Reviews
Formula did change & Chewy’s ingredient list is inaccurate
Chewy’s ingredient list under the “nutritional information” tab is inaccurate and doesn’t match the bag I received. Chewy’s photo of the bag’s ingredient list does, however, match the bag I received. It seems that maybe Purina changed the formula (removed probiotics, added taurine and changed around the ingredient order), but didn’t bother to let anyone know. Even their own website doesn’t reflect this change, which is weird.
My Rottie loves her new food.
My Rottie was on the puppy version of this food but because she's almost 18 months old I decided to change her over to the adult one. She has a bit of a sensitive stomach so I made sure I introduced it gradually with her puppy food. She didn't have any issues with the change over and loves the new food. I also like the fact that I can buy it in the 47lb size.
Another Excellent Purina Product!
Like all Purina products, the Purina Pro Plan Large Breed Adult dog food, is no exception! My 6 1/2 year old yellow lab, loves it. It keeps him young, healthy, gives him a shiny coat, and is easily digestible. Thank you! Kind regards, Tom
Great food for my Rhodesian
I love this food and so does my Rhodesian! He was on the pro plan high protein diet before and always loved it but it was time to switch to the large breed formula and my big guy loves it! I highly recommend this food!
my Belgium Malinois loves it!
My dog loves this food and it’s really good for their fur and digestion, my dog has a very sensitive stomach and this food really worked since she was a puppy! Now that’s all I use to give her! I recommend adding a little bit of warm water before feeding so all the gases go into the air instead of their stomachs! My dog loves it!
Two Thumbs Up!
I started my puppy out on a very expensive large breed food that was supposedly formulated for his breed. After about a year on this food we were asked to keep a friends dog while they went out of town. The food they left for their dog was Pro Plan Large Breed. The first chance our dog got he nearly inhaled a full bowl of it. Later, when it was time for his normal food, he wanted none of it and he's not one to skip his dinner. Even after several hours he only ate a few pieces. It was evident to me he wanted this new food so I compared the nutrients and decided to switch him over to Purina. The difference in his coat is amazing! After 1 month his coat looked shinier and healthier overall. I had to start using a puzzle feeder because he was eating entirely too fast! It's been over a year now and his tail still wags while he eats. I'm completely satisfied and definitely recommend giving Purina Pro Plan a try!
Will not eat
My dog loves all food, will eat everything and anything… besides this dog food. Bought a huge bag because his normal food is not available and he will not touch it. Never thought I’d see the day he avoids food.
Great food for my labs!
This dog food came recommended by my trainer and GOLLY!!! My dogs are young labs and have an abundance of energy! There coats are shiny, teeth healthy, and, I give each a cup in the morning and one at night. I may give a little more based on activity . My young labs are healthy and happy!!!
Change in food
I can’t seem to get the regular dog food like I always got. I’m guessing Purina changed it. It used to be rice and shredded chicken. The new kind does not say shredded. The first time I gave it to Elsa she took a bite and stepped back and barked. Lol. She’s eating it but could tell the difference. Will they be going back to the old kind? Or is this it. Curious if other places are selling the old stuff.
great dog food
Excellent dog food. My dog loves it. I know everything is expensive right now. But the last bag I bought was super expensive.