Purina Pro Plan High Protein Chicken & Rice Formula Large Breed Dry Puppy Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Formulated to support an appropriate growth rate for large breed puppies.
- Glucosamine supports developing joints and cartilage.
- High-protein formula crafted with real chicken as the #1 ingredient.
- DHA from omega-rich fish oil nourishes brain and vision development.
- Calcium, phosphorus and other minerals are included to help build strong bones and teeth.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- American Journey Puppy Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$16.99Chewy Price$16.14Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Large Breed Sport Development 30/18 High Protein Puppy Food, 18-lb bag$52.49Chewy Price$49.87Autoship Price
- American Journey Puppy Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$16.99Chewy Price$16.14Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Sport Development 30/20 Chicken & Rice High Protein Puppy Food, 24-lb bag$68.99Chewy Price$65.54Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan High Protein DHA Lamb & Rice Formula Puppy Food, 18-lb bag$52.49Chewy Price$49.87Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Development Sensitive Skin & Stomach Salmon & Rice Large Breed Dry Puppy Food, 16-lb bag$49.98Chewy Price$52.49List Price$47.48Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Puppy Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula with Probiotics Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$49.98Chewy Price$52.49List Price$47.48Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Puppy Sensitive Skin & Stomach Salmon & Rice Dry Dog Food, 16-lb bag$49.98Chewy Price$52.49List Price$47.48Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Puppy Sensitive Skin & Stomach Lamb & Oatmeal Dry Dog Food, 16-lb bag$49.98Chewy Price$52.49List Price$47.48Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Puppy Small Breed Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$52.49Chewy Price$49.87Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan All Life Stages Small Bites Lamb & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$51.49Chewy Price$48.92Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Sport Performance 30/20 Beef & Bison Formula Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$24.99Chewy Price$23.74Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken, Rice, Corn Gluten Meal...||Chicken, Corn Gluten Meal, Poultry By-Product Meal...||Chicken, Rice, Poultry By-Product Meal...||Chicken, Rice, Poultry By-Product Meal...||Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Wheat, Whole Grain Oats...|
|Special Diet||High-Protein, With Grain||High-Protein, With Grain||High-Protein||High-Protein, With Grain||High-Protein, With Grain|
|Health Feature||Brain Health, Circulatory Care, Dental & Breath Care...||Brain Health, Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health...||Brain Health, Digestive Health, Appetite Stimulation...||Immune Support, Brain Health, Dental & Breath Care...||Vitamins & Minerals, Muscle Care, High-Energy...|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
47 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
936 Customer Reviews
Purina Pro Plan Large Breed Puppy
I reviewed this with my vet and upon approval tired it for my German Shepard - Husky mix and she loves it! The chart on the back is very helpful for me to make sure I'm feeding the proper amount and I love that it's high protein. At 5 months old she is very active and needs the extra nutrition. It seems to help her coat a ton too.
Best Dog Food On The Market
I wish I had fed this to my dogs from the time I got them at 8 weeks old. I have two dogs, a Standard Poodle and Black Lab. I have tried several dog food brands, including very expensive bags (you know them) but, they only caused uncontrollable faucet diarrhea and we’re terribly overpriced for the amount of food I was getting. I love Purina Pro Plan because it’s inexpensive and gives my dogs the proper nutrients they deserve. Other dog food brands would be done before the month ends. A 47 lb bag of PPP lasts me a month and then some. They have been on it for 2 months. now and the switch was seamless, they have had firm; play dough like stool all throughout, and there is very little stench. I love PPP. And I would also love a free bag of dog food for this review! Lol, totally not kidding.
Love at firstbite
So thankful to have delivery service on front steps! My dogs are 2 young labs and their coats are shiny and teeth healthy and white! They love this food!
Best pup food
This is the best pet food we have found. It doesn’t upset their stomachs, and gives them what they need in nutritional value. They like the taste and it fills them up. I have German & a Dutch Shepherds
Seems Like a Winner
It's a little hard to review dog food and I have a lab mix - they are famous for eating EVERYTHING, so keep that in mind. As far as I can tell he seems to like it, we're only on our 2nd bag, but so far so good. He prefers it to be wet (water or broth) and heated up for about 30 seconds in the microwave. He does have dry skin and it doesn't seem to help a lot with that, but otherwise he seems good with it.
Puppy Hated This
Our puppy absolutely HATES this food. We gave it our best effort since it's so highly recommended but she wouldn't touch it without adding broth and minced meat (and then usually picked through leaving the kibble). We tried the Salmon & Rice formula and she scarfed down 2 cups without hesitation so something in this formula was just an absolute no go for us. Ended up donating the rest which is a shame because it's NOT cheap!!
Good Quality Food
Purina pro plan is a good quality health food, Breeders recommend it as they feed their own with it. I have been feeding pro plan for over five years to my labrador with no issues. Our new puppy is on Purina puppy pro plan and loves it since his breeder also feeds with purina products.
Puppy wouldn't eat it
My puppy wouldn't eat it. I'm not giving it a bad review bc I really have nothing to review, just letting everyone know that my dog didn't like it. I even mixed it with the food he will eat and he wouldn't eat his old food that was touching this food.
Decent food but my pups didn’t care for it
I ordered this food since my pups other food was sold out and apparently discontinued through this site. They really didn’t care for it as I still have lots left that I will donate to our local humane society. I purchased this food with an online coupon, so it was worth a try. Seems like a decent food, unfortunately my Great Dane pups just didn’t care for it much.
My GSDs don't like the new Purina Pro Plan Puppy formula
They refuse to eat it! At first I thought perhaps it was an old bag since the kibble would usually be smooth and the new stuff has kind of strands coming off it. but upon checking the bag saw that it was good until 2023. So they've changed the formula and made it inedible for these guys. Too bad. they loved the original formula.