Purina Pro Plan High Protein Chicken & Rice Formula Large Breed Dry Puppy Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken, Rice, Corn Gluten Meal...||Chicken, Rice, Poultry By-Product Meal...||Chicken, Rice, Poultry By-Product Meal...||Lamb Meal, Brown Rice, Whole Grain Wheat...||Chicken Meal, Whole Grain Wheat, Whole Grain Oats...|
|Special Diet||High-Protein, With Grain||High-Protein||High-Protein, With Grain||With Grain||High-Protein, With Grain|
|Health Feature||Brain Health, Circulatory Care, Dental & Breath Care...||Brain Health, Digestive Health, Appetite Stimulation...||Immune Support, Brain Health, Dental & Breath Care...||Muscle Care, High-Energy, Skin & Coat Health||Vitamins & Minerals, Muscle Care, High-Energy...|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken||Chicken, Poultry||Lamb, Meat||Chicken, Poultry|
About This Item
- Formulated to support an appropriate growth rate for large breed puppies.
- Glucosamine supports developing joints and cartilage.
- High-protein formula crafted with real chicken as the #1 ingredient.
- DHA from omega-rich fish oil nourishes brain and vision development.
- Calcium, phosphorus and other minerals are included to help build strong bones and teeth.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- American Journey Puppy Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$18.69Chewy Price$17.76Autoship Price
- dealPurina Pro Plan Large Breed Sport Development 30/18 High Protein Puppy Food, 35-lb bag$83.98Chewy Price$86.99List Price$77.27Autoship Price
- American Journey Puppy Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$16.99Chewy Price$16.14Autoship Price
- dealPurina Pro Plan Sport Development 30/20 Chicken & Rice High Protein Puppy Food, 24-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- dealPurina Pro Plan Puppy Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula with Probiotics Dry Dog Food, 34-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- dealPurina Pro Plan Development Sensitive Skin & Stomach Salmon & Rice Large Breed Dry Puppy Food, 24-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- dealPurina Pro Plan Puppy Sensitive Skin & Stomach Salmon & Rice Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- dealPurina Pro Plan Puppy Sensitive Skin & Stomach Lamb & Oatmeal Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- Purina ONE +Plus Natural High Protein Large Breed Formula Dry Puppy Food, 16.5-lb bag$26.48Chewy Price$30.68List Price$25.16Autoship Price
- Purina ONE High Protein Plus Healthy Dry Puppy Food, 31.1-lb bag$44.39Chewy Price$47.38List Price$42.17Autoship Price
- dealPurina Pro Plan 30/20 Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 50-lb bag$83.98Chewy Price$86.99List Price$79.78Autoship Price
- dealPurina Pro Plan Puppy Small Breed Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$49.98Chewy Price$52.49List Price$47.48Autoship Price
Questions & Answers
35 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
951 Customer Reviews
Not good for our chocolate lab puppy
This was recommended by the vet as a food to switch to as our puppy's current food was not available except to purchase from breeders which was a considerable distance from our home. This was a HORRIBLE choice for our 3 month old pure bred chocolate lab. Started with 25% new food/75% current food and he was miserable. Bloating, gas, significantly increased thirst, regressed to having multiple accidents in the house, couldn't rest comfortably. Removed this from his diet and drove many hours to get a stock of his former food. Now he's back to his sweet lovable self! Never again will I purchase this brand even if suggested by a vet.
Moldy dog food fed to my puppy
I had recurring food delivery for my German Shephard lab mix. The last bag she was refusing to eat. I took her to the vet and they thought she was avoiding eating to get human food. Then I poured the rest of the bag and found giant chunks of mold! No wonder my poor girl was not eating. These are very big expensive bags of dog food.
It was recommended by vet
When I took my two retriever pups to the vet for their first exam I asked what she thought of the food that I had them on. She recommended this instead. They are 8 months old now and when they hit you, they are solid. If you want strong, healthy, solid dogs this food will produce them if they have good genetics.
Not the usual
The bag I received didn’t have any of the rice pieces as all my other bags had. All the pieces were just circular kibble pieces. Also the bag did not have an expiration date printed in the blue box as all the other bags I’ve bought had. I ended up throwing the entire bag away because of this. Very unhappy.
Recommended by our Vet
We had our puppies (Cane Corso Mix) on a grain free diet when we first got them thinking it was the best for them until our Vet advised us that it can create heart issues. She recommended Purina Pro Plan. They love it and are gaining weight and are healthy so far.
Golden Pup approved
Recommended by just about everyone. I tried switching to Nutro Ultra but my golden pup whose nickname is garbage truck (because he eats everything) did not eat enthusiasticly. So back to PPP Large Breed Puppy it is and as soon as I brought the bag, he immediately nuzzled the bag and gobble it up right away!
We buy this often and i’ve heard Purina isn’t able to get all ingredients and they are using new stuff that isn’t as healthy… My Doberman refuses to eat it now. I’ve tried everything getting him to eat it and he won’t budge at all..
The ability to get 2 large bags of food, cases of canned food and a few other items delivered regularly is fantastic. I love being able to find what I need without having to go to various stores. The customer service when calling in is superb!!! Such a relief to have this service!!!
My puppy has loved this dog food until the last bag we received; now she won’t eat it, even when she is hungry. This is terrible for us because now we have to find a new, high quality feed for our four footed family member.
Vet request to change to this product
Vet recommended this food for my Rottweiler however since the change she has passed gas and thrown the entire dinner up. Just not agreeing with this product