Purina Pro Plan High Protein Chicken & Rice Formula Large Breed Dry Puppy Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Formulated to support an appropriate growth rate for large breed puppies.
- Glucosamine supports developing joints and cartilage.
- High-protein formula crafted with real chicken as the #1 ingredient.
- DHA from omega-rich fish oil nourishes brain and vision development.
- Calcium, phosphorus and other minerals are included to help build strong bones and teeth.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- American Journey Puppy Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$18.69Chewy Price$17.76Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan High Protein DHA Lamb & Rice Formula Puppy Food, 34-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- American Journey Puppy Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$16.61Chewy Price$15.78Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Large Breed Sport Development 30/18 High Protein Puppy Food, 35-lb bag$83.98Chewy Price$86.99List Price$79.78Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Development Sensitive Skin & Stomach Salmon & Rice Large Breed Dry Puppy Food, 24-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan High Protein Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Puppy Food, 34-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Puppy Shredded Blend Chicken & Rice Formula with Probiotics Dry Dog Food, 34-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Sport Development 30/20 Chicken & Rice High Protein Puppy Food, 24-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Puppy Sensitive Skin & Stomach Salmon & Rice Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Puppy Sensitive Skin & Stomach Lamb & Oatmeal Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$65.98Chewy Price$68.99List Price$62.68Autoship Price
- Purina ONE +Plus Natural High Protein Large Breed Formula Dry Puppy Food, 40-lb bag$53.99Chewy Price$56.98List Price$51.29Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Development Beef & Rice Formula High Protein Large Breed Dry Puppy Food, 18-lb bag$52.49Chewy Price$49.87Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Chicken, Rice, Corn Gluten Meal...||Chicken, Rice, Poultry By-Product Meal...||Beef, Rice, Corn Gluten Meal...||Lamb, Rice, Chicken By-Product Meal...||Chicken, Rice, Poultry By-Product Meal...|
|Special Diet||High-Protein, With Grain||High-Protein, With Grain||High-Protein, Weight Control, With Grain||High-Protein, With Grain||High-Protein|
|Health Feature||Brain Health, Circulatory Care, Dental & Breath Care...||Brain Health, Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health...||Brain Health, Digestive Health, Heart Care||Brain Health, Dental & Breath Care, Digestive Health, Immune Support||Brain Health, Digestive Health, Appetite Stimulation...|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Beef, Meat||Lamb, Meat||Chicken|
Questions & Answers
34 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
972 Customer Reviews
Doberman loves this
I wanted to try to switch my dobe from royal canin large breed puppy dog food because we are going through it so quickly. Its $30 cheaper and was recommended by doberman and planet so I decided to give it a try. So far so good with the completed change over. No tummy upsets or diarrhea and his coat is still super shiny!
My 5 month old dalmatian puppy loves this food!! I get it wet for him to ease with digestion. I'm learning that kibble is not the greatest but from my readings the Purina Pro plan is one of the better kibbles. I appreciate that Chewy has the XL bag so I get the best value. The bag is really big so I left snacks out for the FedEx delivery person & a thank you card! :)
My picky puppy loves this!
My 8 month old puppy is very picky when it comes to dry dog food, and we don't like to add anything (wet dog food, prepared chicken, etc.) to her food as it sometimes upsets her stomach. When we switched to this, she eats every bit of it. Will continue to purchase.
Usually great product but disappointed
Usually all my dogs eat some sort of Purina. Either the puppy kind or adult kind, etc. Other expensive fancy brands give them the runs. This brand tends to be great, but this time, I found this weird thing in the food. Usually I pour the bag in the container and feed them from there. As I reached the middle this was there. I have no idea what this was but totally grossed me out, and I eat food from the ground under the 5 sec rule. It almost looked like dried bird poop or something mixed with feed. It's probably not, but it's just what it looks like. Will I purchase again, probably yes. Chances are it doesn't happen often, but just know it could happen to you. I'm not sure yet if I want to discard the bag or just continue feeding them. I'm going to ask around some people and make a decision.
Making life easy
This food was recommended by my vet. I love the fact that it came in an extra large size and I didn't have to carry it to my car and then into the house Chewy makes so much easier.
My dog chows this stuff down and seems to love it. But his digestive system says otherwise. He poops more than 4 times a day and is gassy. We switched to honest kitchen and all that has resolved. His coat is shinier too since switching.
I don’t love it but dogs seem to.
My dogs have always had American Journey chicken and sweet potato grain free large breed puppy. All of a sudden both refused to eat. Everyone seemed to recommend Pro Plan and technically it is slightly less expensive, so we made the switch. I am almost done switching them over and they are still eating it, so that’s a good sign. What I personally don’t like - one is the smell. And second, it had more crumbs/dust. I am just around halfway through the bag and I am anticipating a lot of dust at the bottom. The previous food was grain free, this is not. This was also recommended by our vet. So, for now, we will stick with Pro Plan. But after all the raving, I expected it to wow me.
Not for dogs
Puppy (8 months) refused to eat. My puppy will eat anything from carpet to leaves but he refused to eat this bag of dog food. He has never refused to eat until he was given this food and I do not recommend anyone to purchase it. Waste of money.
Not good for our chocolate lab puppy
This was recommended by the vet as a food to switch to as our puppy's current food was not available except to purchase from breeders which was a considerable distance from our home. This was a HORRIBLE choice for our 3 month old pure bred chocolate lab. Started with 25% new food/75% current food and he was miserable. Bloating, gas, significantly increased thirst, regressed to having multiple accidents in the house, couldn't rest comfortably. Removed this from his diet and drove many hours to get a stock of his former food. Now he's back to his sweet lovable self! Never again will I purchase this brand even if suggested by a vet.
Our Tessa loves it and our vet said we have made a good selection in dog food. Our older dogs eat pro plan as well!