Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Vegetarian Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Great-tasting dry dog food with hydrolyzed protein.
- Crafted in collaboration with nutritionists, researchers and veterinarians.
- Features hydrolyzed protein that has been broken down into smaller components.
- Developed with a single high-quality protein source and single carbohydrate source.
- Specially formulated to be highly digestible and promote optimal nutrient absorption in dogs.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$110.99Chewy Price$105.44Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Ultamino Dry Dog Food, 19.8-lb bag$120.99Chewy Price$114.94Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13.3-oz, case of 12$53.99Chewy Price$51.29Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$114.99Chewy Price$109.24Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Derm Complete Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$120.99Chewy Price$114.94Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$117.98Chewy Price$112.08Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Low Fat Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$76.99Chewy Price$73.14Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 8-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EL Elemental Canine Formula Dry Dog Food, 20-lb bag$95.99Chewy Price$91.19Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Hydrolyzed Protein HP Dry Dog Food, 25.3-lb bag$121.99Chewy Price$115.89Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Derm Complete Original Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12$59.99Chewy Price$56.99Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet i/d Digestive Care Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 27.5-lb bag$110.99Chewy Price$105.44Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein Isolate, Coconut Oil...||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein Isolate, Partially Hydrogenated Canola Oil Preserved With Tbhq...||Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Whole Grain Corn...||Whole Grain Corn, Brewers Rice, Chicken By-Product Meal...||Whole Grain Corn, Brewers Rice, Dried Egg Product...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Special Diet||Vegetarian, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet...||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Hydrolyzed Protein||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Low-Protein, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Fruits & Vegetables||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Digestive Health||Urinary Tract Health||Kidney Care|
Questions & Answers
30 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
461 Customer Reviews
Too big for my small dog
My 15 lb dog really liked the food at first. But the kibble was too large for her and she lost interest quickly. I tried soaking it in warm water but that didn’t help. Here is a pic of the purina pro kibble next to her old kibble meant for small breeds. Hope that helps the next person when deciding on their dogs food.
Improved Albumin Levels
Earlier in 2022, We learned that our 6 year old frenchie had low blood albumin and we were instructed to try an HP diet(Purina HA chicken). After 2 months on that diet, his protein levels hadn’t dropped further, but they also hadn’t improved. He also was straining to go to the bathroom, which seemed to indicate that the chicken HA diet wasn’t agreeing with him. We have suspected he dog might have an intolerance/allergy to chicken, but were told that the hydrolyzed diet should work regardless. Since his protein levels were stable, we decided to switch to the Purina HA Vegetarian diet to see if this improved his protein levels or if, like the HA Chicken diet, they just remained stable. After 3 weeks on the HA vegetarian diet, we got his bloodwork done again and his protein levels had improved (from 2.2 to 2.32). For the first time in his life, his stools are normal and he seems to be much more comfortable. We are getting his bloodwork done again in a month, but we have high hopes that this food will be the answer to our PLE issues!
Excellent product and service
The food is great quality, super easy on my dogs stomach, has eliminated her itchy skin and paw chewing. The customer service at Chewy is top notch!!
Great for my dog
This food was recommended by my vet after my dog was diagnosed with a stomach issue. She loves it and seems to work with her stomach discomfort.
She LOVES this food!!
I have a little girl with severe food allergies. After her other prescription food was discontinued, I went into a mild panic. My vet selected this food and to watch for any allergy symptoms. I just had to reorder another bag. She loves the food! And no signs of her allergies. She is a shih tzu and has no problem whatsoever with the flattened pebble sized kibble. Only complaint I have is the cracker type crumbs left behind, but it is a small price to pay for a healthy food she loves :}
The vet suspects my boy is sensitive to animal protein. Every brand food I tried was causing loose stools, so he put him on this food. He has had no problems since and just loves it.
Great food, not great fit for my dog
I’m sure this is a great food, it’s just not working for my dog. Under my vets recommendation I tried and had no success. My dog took a couple bites and refuses to eat, it’s not a good fit for his intestinal disease. He’s refusing to eat and I’ll have to keep searching for a food that will work for him.
Delilah and Purina Pro Plan HA
She seemed to like this food, but our vet changed her to another type shortly after she had begun using this one.
Rx for Veterinary Diet
We hade a medical issue with Fiona, low protege in blood work. The vet wanted her to start on the diet food ASAP. With Rx in hand we tried several local big pet stores, but none had it. My wife contacted Chewy and explained the urgency. Chewy responded very quickly, and we had the food within a couple of days. Thank you to your staff for such quality customer service.
Both of my dogs love this food. It was suggested by my vet since they both have allergies. We were also looking for something lower in fat as one of my girls has elevated pancreas levels. They only eat this food including using it as treats. Even considering that it is expensive if it helps then it is worth it.