Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Vegetarian Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Great-tasting dry dog food with hydrolyzed protein.
- Crafted in collaboration with nutritionists, researchers and veterinarians.
- Features hydrolyzed protein that has been broken down into smaller components.
- Developed with a single high-quality protein source and single carbohydrate source.
- Specially formulated to be highly digestible and promote optimal nutrient absorption in dogs.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 16.5-lb bag$82.99Chewy Price$78.84Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Ultamino Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$68.99Chewy Price$65.54Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets HA Hydrolyzed Chicken Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13.3-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$107.98Chewy Price$102.58Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet HF Hydrolyzed for Food Intolerance Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$34.99Chewy Price$39.98List Price$33.24Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Dry Dog Food, 32-lb bag$109.99Chewy Price$104.49Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$89.99Chewy Price$85.49Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Low Fat Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$37.99Chewy Price$36.09Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Selected Protein PR Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$131.99Chewy Price$125.39Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Hydrolyzed Protein HP Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$94.99Chewy Price$90.24Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Small Bites Original Flavor Dry Dog Food, 7 lb bag$46.99Chewy Price$44.64Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets DRM Dermatologic Management Naturals Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$109.99Chewy Price$104.49Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets EN Gastroenteric Naturals Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$40.99Chewy Price$38.94Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein Isolate, Coconut Oil...||Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein Isolate, Partially Hydrogenated Canola Oil Preserved With Tbhq...||Whole Grain Corn, Brewers Rice, Dried Egg Product...||Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Whole Grain Corn...||Brewers Rice, Barley, Corn Gluten Meal...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Special Diet||Vegetarian, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet...||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Hydrolyzed Protein||Low-Protein, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, Low Fat, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Fruits & Vegetables||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Seafood & Fish|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Kidney Care||Digestive Health||Digestive Health, Weight Management|
Questions & Answers
30 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
456 Customer Reviews
Improved Albumin Levels
Earlier in 2022, We learned that our 6 year old frenchie had low blood albumin and we were instructed to try an HP diet(Purina HA chicken). After 2 months on that diet, his protein levels hadn’t dropped further, but they also hadn’t improved. He also was straining to go to the bathroom, which seemed to indicate that the chicken HA diet wasn’t agreeing with him. We have suspected he dog might have an intolerance/allergy to chicken, but were told that the hydrolyzed diet should work regardless. Since his protein levels were stable, we decided to switch to the Purina HA Vegetarian diet to see if this improved his protein levels or if, like the HA Chicken diet, they just remained stable. After 3 weeks on the HA vegetarian diet, we got his bloodwork done again and his protein levels had improved (from 2.2 to 2.32). For the first time in his life, his stools are normal and he seems to be much more comfortable. We are getting his bloodwork done again in a month, but we have high hopes that this food will be the answer to our PLE issues!
She LOVES this food!!
I have a little girl with severe food allergies. After her other prescription food was discontinued, I went into a mild panic. My vet selected this food and to watch for any allergy symptoms. I just had to reorder another bag. She loves the food! And no signs of her allergies. She is a shih tzu and has no problem whatsoever with the flattened pebble sized kibble. Only complaint I have is the cracker type crumbs left behind, but it is a small price to pay for a healthy food she loves :}
The vet suspects my boy is sensitive to animal protein. Every brand food I tried was causing loose stools, so he put him on this food. He has had no problems since and just loves it.
Great food, not great fit for my dog
I’m sure this is a great food, it’s just not working for my dog. Under my vets recommendation I tried and had no success. My dog took a couple bites and refuses to eat, it’s not a good fit for his intestinal disease. He’s refusing to eat and I’ll have to keep searching for a food that will work for him.
An actual lifesaver!
Beetle is a dalmatian/border collie mix with what we affectionately refer to as "dumb tum," aka IBD. He would throw up several times a day every single day, and after finally finding a vet who would give him a thorough checkup and endoscopy (never feel bad about looking for another vet! Health is a priority for our pups!) we discovered that Beetle has very severe IBD. On top of being on steroids for the rest of his life, we now have to give Beetle this hydrolyzed veterinary diet to ensure that his Dumb Tum stays happy and healthy. Since we switched to this food and started up his 'roids, the bug has been feeling so much better. He's finally doing zoomies again and always wanting to play! The one issue I have with this formula is that it doesn't fill him up at all. Even with twice the regular amount of food, we have to supplement his diet with pasta and sweet potatoes to make sure he feels nice and full. He's hungry much more often now, so I'm hoping Purina can develop a formula that'll stick with him a little longer. I understand that a big pro to this food is that it's almost entirely fat free since Dumb Tums can't digest fat well, but Purina is great about innovating new answers to old questions. Let's hope they figure this one out so I don't have to keep peeling sweet potatoes every night!
Rx for Veterinary Diet
We hade a medical issue with Fiona, low protege in blood work. The vet wanted her to start on the diet food ASAP. With Rx in hand we tried several local big pet stores, but none had it. My wife contacted Chewy and explained the urgency. Chewy responded very quickly, and we had the food within a couple of days. Thank you to your staff for such quality customer service.
Both of my dogs love this food. It was suggested by my vet since they both have allergies. We were also looking for something lower in fat as one of my girls has elevated pancreas levels. They only eat this food including using it as treats. Even considering that it is expensive if it helps then it is worth it.
This seems to be helping our old dog, who has apparently developed allergies to some foods. These food sensitivities are very hard to figure out, but our vet recommended we try this added to her regular natural raw and cooked food as a substitute for the chicken she was eating, since chicken is a very common allergen. Chewy was very helpful in locating our doctor's prescription.
The vet recommend this prescription food for our dog who has a terrible food allergy to lots of different things. Mixed with the Hydrolyzed wet food, It was the first meal he was able to keep down for many days! It’s expensive but well worth it!
We have spent $10k in the last 3 years on RX diets, homemade diets, blood work, scans, specialists, surgery-- you name it-- to get our 12 year old mini-poodle, Lucy, to feel good again. She has several allergies, chronic pancreatitis, liver bile issues, and general GI upset/chronic vomiting. She has been on this food for about a month now and THRIVING. She is like a puppy again! No more daily cerenia for vomiting, no accidents, and all the energy in the world to run around! Yes, this food is expensive, but I promise you it's better than paying endless vet bills. TRY THE FOOD. You'll be glad you did.