Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Calming Care Liver Flavored Powder Calming Supplement for Dogs
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Features a strain of probiotic known as BL999 to help your canine companion stay calm.
- A great option for pups who exhibit anxious behaviors like excessive barking, pacing, jumping and spinning.
- Helps dogs cope with external stressors.
- Helps canine companions maintain positive cardiac activity when stressed.
- Can help promote positive emotions and a healthy immune system.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Nutramax Solliquin Soft Chews Calming Supplement for Cats & Dogs, 75 count$19.74Chewy Price$22.99List Price$18.75Autoship Price
- Adaptil Calming Diffuser Refill for Dogs, 30 day$14.62Chewy Price$26.99List Price$13.89Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets FortiFlora Chewable Tablets Digestive Supplement for Dogs, 45 tablets$44.99Chewy Price$42.74Autoship Price
- VetriScience Composure Bacon Flavored Chews Calming Supplement for Dogs, 120 count$29.99Chewy Price$37.00List Price$28.49Autoship Price
- DealNutramax Proviable DC Chewable Tablets Digestive Supplement for Dogs, 60 count$32.94Chewy Price$32.99List Price$31.29Autoship Price
- VetriScience Composure Chicken Liver Flavored Soft Chews Calming Supplement for Dogs, 60 count$18.25Chewy Price$32.03List Price$17.34Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets FortiFlora Powder Digestive Supplement for Dogs, 180 count$185.94Chewy Price$176.64Autoship Price
- VetriScience Composure Peanut Butter Flavored Chews Calming Supplement for Dogs, 120 count$29.99Chewy Price$37.00List Price$28.49Autoship Price
- VetriScience Composure Long Lasting Chicken Flavored Calming Supplement for Dogs, 90 Chews$40.70Chewy Price$44.99List Price$38.66Autoship Price
- Rescue Remedy Stress Relief Pet Supplement, 20-mL bottle$18.99Chewy Price$25.16List Price$18.04Autoship Price
- Vetoquinol Zylkene 75-mg Capsules Calming Supplement for Small Dogs & Cats, 30 count$31.49Chewy Price$32.99List Price$29.92Autoship Price
- Nutramax Proviable-DC Capsules Digestive Supplement for Cats & Dogs, 160 count$79.98Chewy Price$75.98Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Active Ingredients per sachet (1g): Bifidobacterium longum BL999 1x109 CFU., Inactive Ingredients: Liver flavor, Maltodextrin. A-2519...||L-Tryptophan, Valerian Root Extract (Valeriana Officianlis), Ashwaganda Extract (Withania Soniferum)...||Active Ingredients: Skullcap herb (Scutellaria lateriflora), Valerian root (Valeriana officinalis), Lemon Balm herb (Melissa officinalis)...||Valerian Root, Chamomile, Organic Hemp Seed Powder...||Active Ingredients: Taurine, Inositol, Chamomile...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||All Breeds, Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Lifestage||Adult, Senior||Adult, Senior||Adult, Senior, Kitten, Puppy||Adult, Puppy, Senior||Adult, Senior, Puppy|
|Food Flavor||Liver, Meat||—||Bacon, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Liver, Meat|
|Food Form||Supplement, Food Topping||Supplement||Supplement||Supplement||Supplement|
Questions & Answers
36 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
354 Customer Reviews
Yes it works
My vet tech daughter told us about this supplement. We have an older dog and I always find an older animal easily gets much more nervous of sounds and surroundings. This stuff has really helped take the edge off her anxiety. You do have to stick with it you wont notice a difference for 4 to 6 weeks but give it daily and you will notice. It's safer then a CBD as a lot of them have unknown ingredients. Also it's really tasty to her and she is a really picky eater. Definitely give this product a try.
Still Early but Seems to be Working
My goal in trying this probiotic was to keep my German shepherd’s personality but to help him become more confident when we take him out. I wanted to calm his nerves so that the training could finally work. We’re three weeks in and it seems to be working in that aspect. We train daily so he has exposure to people and dogs but sudden movements would startle him. Previously, he would still get startled some days. For two weeks straight, he increasingly seemed to be able to tolerate the outside world more. He seems a LOT more confident and a lot less cautious of the world. He is able to actually stop and watch dogs and people without getting overwhelmed with big feelings. Recently, we took him to brunch (which we’ve avoided for many months) and he did amazing in the presence of people walking around him. He also proceeded to go shopping in a new environment with very little issues and not needing high value food. I’m convinced the probiotics have been a factor in helping my dog succeed. He loves the flavor and has no issues eating it. Definitely worth trying if training hasn’t been fixing everything!
I have a rescue dog who gets very anxious. We tried medication, but it made her dull and tired. We tried in home dog training and positive reinforcement to help her feel more comfortable. It helped a little. My vet recommended this stuff. She said studies are showing that this probiotic really helps them get calm. I was skeptical, but after a week we noticed a slight difference where she seemed more relaxed. She's been on it for about 3 weeks now and it really works. Some of her previous triggers aren't so bad any more. She just seems more comfortable altogether. I highly recommend this if you have a worried/anxious dog. Mine will be on it from now on.
Works within an hour!
I gave this to my Standard Poodle and she was much calmer within an hour. I give her 1/2 packet in the morning with her food and another 1/2 at night with her food. Its not quite as powerful as the drugs she was prescribed but it does help! Even with the bad weather.
Tried for two weeks and it made my dog very hyper and she started to bark at things not there. Stopped giving it to her and she returned to normal almost immediately. Was an expensive test. No side affects? What a lie.
A miracle !?
My catahoula leopard dog is.... A troublemaker. He makes poor decisions and suffers from general anxiety, but also bad separation anxiety. To the point where he panics and destroys things or hurts himself. I started him on calming care because I thought it might help. Fast forward to me returning to work full time, and voila! Not a single thing destroyed! This stuff truly works. I sprinkle it on his dinner every night and he loves it!
Calming Care truly made a difference
My little rescue dog has some serious anxieties and my behaviorist recommended this along with this supplement. I noticed it working after a few weeks in. He is definitely much calmer so much so that I had to cut back his other calming meds. I am considering seeing how he will do with a lower dosage of his meds since this worked so well. I just hope it doesn't lose effectiveness one day.
Pretty Big Deal
We’re at the end of our second month using this product and we have become aware that our pitty girl is changing. Before, when we would encounter other dogs on walks (or another dog would walk by our house) her upset could approach DEFCON 1. The worst she gets to, now, is probably DEFCON 4 - a huge difference. I actually had a short conversation with a neighbor the other day while her dog and mine just sat there. She’ll always be wired differently than a golden retriever, but she can handle herself better and I can reach and redirect her. No small thing!
Calming & Probiotic in One
My Mini Doxie has anxiety and tummy issues. After trying various medications which he does not tolerate well, my vet recommended Purina ProPlan Veterinary Calming Care. I must say he is definitely less anxious and reactive to noises and the probiotic works well on his tummy. I gave it four stars only because he at times still likes to lick the floors - and they are clean!! Overall, product works well and would definitely recommend giving this a try.
Tamika has been afraid of storms-fireworks-gunshots-& other loud noises since she was a puppy she was 9 in January I have tried everything! We use the thunder shirt this powder and doggy alprazolam (Xanax) and I put her in her crate so she’ll stop pacing bless her heart