Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Golden Retriever Puppy Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Designed to meet the nutritional needs of purebred Golden Retrievers 8 weeks to 15 months old.
- Specialized kibble is designed for a Golden Retriever’s straight muzzle and scissor bite to encourage chewing.
- Helps protect puppy development of the immune system and natural defenses with an exclusive complex of antioxidants including vitamin E.
- Reinforces the skin barrier with essential nutrients to support healthy skin and coat.
- Aids digestive health in puppies with high-quality proteins and prebiotics for optimal stool quality.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- American Journey Puppy Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$34.99Chewy Price$33.24Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Boxer Puppy Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$99.99Chewy Price$100.99List Price$94.99Autoship Price
- American Journey Puppy Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$16.99Chewy Price$16.14Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Miniature Schnauzer Puppy Dry Dog Food, 2.5-lb bag$24.29Chewy Price$23.08Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Large Breed Puppy Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$64.98Chewy Price$71.99List Price$61.73Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Medium Puppy Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$24.99Chewy Price$23.74Autoship Price
- Wellness Large Breed Complete Health Puppy Deboned Chicken, Brown Rice & Salmon Meal Recipe Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$69.98Chewy Price$72.99List Price$66.48Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition Large Adult 5+ Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$78.99Chewy Price$80.99List Price$75.04Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Pug Puppy Dry Dog Food, 2.5-lb bag$23.29Chewy Price$24.29List Price$22.13Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Size Health Nutrition Large Adult Dry Dog Food, 35-lb bag$78.99Chewy Price$80.99List Price$75.04Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Puppy Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food, 15-lb bag$35.98Chewy Price$39.99List Price$34.18Autoship Price
- Hill's Science Diet Puppy Chicken Meal & Barley Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4.5-lb bag$16.99Chewy Price$18.99List Price$16.14Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn, Wheat Gluten...||Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal, Wheat...||Chicken By-Product Meal, Brewers Rice, Brown Rice...||Chicken By-Product Meal, Chicken Fat, Brewers Rice...||Chicken, Rice, Corn Gluten Meal...|
|Special Diet||With Grain||With Grain||With Grain||With Grain||High-Protein, With Grain|
|Health Feature||Immune Support, Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Immune Support, Digestive Health||Immune Support, Digestive Health||Immune Support, Digestive Health, High-Energy||Brain Health, Circulatory Care, Dental & Breath Care...|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Large Breeds||Medium Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
19 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
203 Customer Reviews
She loves it!
I have a new puppy and she was having soft stools on the food the breeder was using. I switched her to this and fixed the problem. It took me forever to pick a food, but happy I picked this one. I use it for training treats also.
Perfect Food for Golden Puppy
I don't normally write reviews but this is dog food is worthy! Breeder started our puppy on this food and then gave us the other option of Purina Pro Plan. My thought was to gradually switch to the Purina based on the cost difference. I tried but even with mixing half and half, we had diarrhea all over in a puppy that was already housebroken. I donated the huge bag of Purina and switched back to Royal Canin and the problem was resolved. Lesson learned and the extra cost is totally worth it.
I bought this thinking I was getting the best puppy food for my golden, but she REALLY didn't like it. I had to refund and throw away. I later learned that this is pretty much just overpriced garbage. First two ingredients: Chicken byproduct and CORN. What? Why??
Runny poop to solid Poop!
I have a 6 month old English cream golden retriever and ever since he was introduced to dry food with the breeder, he was on puppy science diet formula. However, for a few months recently we’ve noticed extremely runny poops and more diarrhea episodes, in the middle of the night! After discussing options with our vet, they recommended this food. Hands down it’s the best! It’s extremely expensive but I’d much rather pay a little bit more for my puppy’s stomach to not be upset and be waking up at 3 am cleaning up diarrhea! He also LOVES this food and actually chews it as well, which helps with digestion. I thought it was funny that most of these reviews talk about their dogs stool going from runny to soft, and now I can add to that list! If you’re thinking about switching to this, I highly recommend. There is also a higher fiber content in this food compared to other puppy formulas.
The Best Puppy Food
After trying 3 different puppy foods, this is the first food that actually was well-tolerated by my golden retriever puppy. He Tried Pro Plan Stages 20/30, Plus Fortiflora powder, and science diet puppy large breed, along w/ science diet puppy food-he needed flatly x2 to stop diarrhea. Once he was switched to Royal Canin within days his stool was firmed up, and is now perfect. He is thriving on this food and I am so grateful!
Stopped the "runs"
Our breeder had been feeding our golden puppy and her littermates "P" 30/20, and we continued using it without any problem for two weeks after picking up our golden girl. During her third week, we noticed that her stool was getting "runny" at night. She needed to be let out every 1-2 hours or so. During the day no problem. We changed over to Royal Canin and her stool firmed up immediately, and the the volume decreased signifitantly. Everybody happy.
Thank you Chewy! Your customer service is beyond amazing!
high quality food. My golden retriever loves it and it is good for him. Selected this product after lots of research. By the way, Chewy always delivers super fast and it is free shipping!!!! was so surprised when I ordered my dog's food while in the Mountains, and the big bag arrived in less than 24 hours. Wowwwww! thank you Chewy for consistently delivering super fast!
Our breeder told us to get Pro Plan dry food for our golden puppy and after about a month our pup would not eat it anymore. I had to mix it with bone broth and even then he hated eating and would just smell and walk away. This is our 3rd golden and food was never a problem before - So I looked on Chewy and found this brand and rave reviews, and gave it a try. What a difference! Night and day. Now our little guy can’t wait to eat and we even had to buy a puzzle dish to slow him down . Unbelievable difference. I’m so happy they also have an adult food to switch to when needed since I know he loves this food. Meal time is no longer stressful, Yay!!!!
Perfect food for our pup
We had been struggling with runny stools for what seemed like a LONG time. I know puppies are notorious for having tummy trouble, but this seemed excessive. He was waking up in the middle of the night way too often to have to run outside and relieve himself... and a few hours later, do it again. We tried to move our little one to sensitive stomach formulas and even went on a prescription diet. We were at our wit's end... but then we decided to try Royal Canin for GR puppies. Immediate relief! He loves the food and is gaining weight appropriately now. His coat is thick and soft and he doesn't have gas. Thank goodness he is finally comfortable! Chewy makes it easy to get the food now too... Yay!
Puppy loves it
5 month old Golden loves it.(Y year old Golden loves it too) A friend recommended it because of my pups horrible Science Diet toots. So far so good with this food and I’m now in the process of moving my 5 year old golden over to this.