Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary SO Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- A veterinary-exclusive dry dog food for dogs with urinary health concerns.
- Helps dissolve pure struvite stones and helps prevent calcium oxalate stones.
- Lowers the risk of crystal formation using RSS methodology for bladder health.
- Supports urinary health with an exclusive S/O Index, and creates an environment unfavorable to crystal formation in the bladder.
- Helps prevent struvite stones from reoccurring.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary SO Small Breed Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$54.99Chewy Price$52.24Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary SO Loaf Canned Dog Food, 13.5-oz, case of 24$105.36Chewy Price$100.09Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary SO Thin Slices in Gravy Canned Dog Food, 12.5-oz can, case of 24$105.36Chewy Price$100.09Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets UR Urinary Ox/St Dry Dog Food, 16.5-lb bag$71.99Chewy Price$68.39Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Urinary Care Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food, 27.5-lb bag$107.99Chewy Price$102.59Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary SO Aging 7+ Loaf in Sauce Canned Dog Food, 5.2-oz, case of 24$74.16Chewy Price$70.45Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Urinary SO Aging 7+ Dry Dog Food, 6.6-lb bag$40.99Chewy Price$38.94Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet Derm Complete Dry Dog Food, 6.5-lb bag$43.99Chewy Price$41.79Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Urinary Care Chicken & Vegetable Stew Flavor Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$52.99Chewy Price$50.34Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Urinary Care Chicken Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12$48.99Chewy Price$46.54Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet z/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Original Flavor Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12, bundle of 4$235.96Chewy Price$224.16Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet d/d Skin/Food Sensitivities Potato & Venison Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$100.99Chewy Price$95.94Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Brewers Rice, Corn, Chicken Fat...||Potato, Rabbit Meal, Coconut Oil...||Brewers Rice, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Chicken Fat...||Corn, Brewers Rice, Brown Rice...||Chicken By-Product Meal, Brown Rice, Corn...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Special Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Limited Ingredient Diet, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Chicken-Free||Limited Ingredient Diet, Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet...||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Rabbit, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Urinary Tract Health||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health, Weight Management||Urinary Tract Health, Weight Management||Digestive Health, High-Energy|
Questions & Answers
38 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1237 Customer Reviews
Helped my dog
I hate that it’s so expensive, but my dog hasn’t had a urinary tract infection since she started eating this food. She didn’t like it at first, but she eats it just fine now. My other three dogs prefer this dog food instead of the one they have, and consistently try to steal this one from the one that needs it. I do wish it was cheaper though.
My Beagle Can’t Stand It
My Beagle Mix recently had to undergo surgery due to bladder stones (her previous diet may have been too high in pH). My vet recommended a urinary diet, and two of my friends’ use this food – one for a while and it works for her American Bulldog, the other just recently for her Dane, so no feedback yet. My dog is like a little vacuum cleaner who loves food, yet she wont touch it! She even makes a disgusted face and backs away from the bowl. The ingredient list seems to be worrisome too as other reviewers have already stated. Will need to try something else. My vet recommended crushed vitamin C to help lower pH, so I will look into it more and try a different food.
Dog Loves It
Our dog really enjoys this kibble. Had to put him on it because he ended up with calcium oxalate crystals in his bladder. The description from Royal Canin said the size of the kibble was dime size, not accurate. It's actually smaller than that but when soaked in water does indeed look dime size. Have yet to get his urine retested to know if this is working or not. Got the package in fair amount of time even with them having to verify this purchase through our vet.
Excellent dry dog food for kidney stones
My dog has kidney stones they removed surgically. He was placed on Royal Canin dry dog food SO for urinary problems. He does like the food and he very picky. I soak the food in water to make it soft for him to chew. I only buy my dry Vet food from Chewy its much easier for me to have it directly delivered to my door.
Not good if dog has allergies
I’m sure this is good food and our dog likes it, but Turbo has food allergies and this did not work for him. We will try a different RC food that will help with his urinary issues and allergies.
good is fine. packaging is terrible.
This food was recommended by our vet. It seems to do the trick, and our old boy loves the taste. The problem I have with it is the packaging. You would think that for $100/ bag, RC could put a better zip on the bag. It literally never lines up, and I spend more time trying to close the bag than my dog does actually eating the food. Save yourself the trouble and buy a container to put this in.
Bag fully ripped open
Ordered this because I need it ASAP for my dog. I received my order and it’s completely ripped open in front & also has small rips on the sides. Not sure how this happen but this food is VERY expensive and my dog needs it. Very disappointed in my first order.
This was the first time I ordered dog food that needed a prescription. The people at Chewy were very helpful, and I saved by ordering auto ship.
Feeding more but loosing weight
My dog was always the perfect weight. Since changing to this food, I am feeding her 75% more food and she is still loosing weight, even looks like she is loosing muscle mass. She is a beagle and loves food, but she can't even keep her eyes open long enough to watch me eat my dinner. The food I gave her before wasn't cheap, but a 20 lb bag would last 14 weeks so it was affordable. I can't believe any dog would need a weight control formula of this food.
Right food wrong [bite] size
This is not a new autoship request so we expected to receive the correct item displayed as with past shipments. Instead of receiving the a bag for average size dogs, I received a bag for a "small dog". I have two pit bulls and had to give them more kibbles per serving which prompted an earlier ship date for the next auto shipment. I hope the next auto shipment is what I actually purchased.